Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you smoke with your kids once theyre adults?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Messiah Decoy, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #41 As Above So Below, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015

Of course it's hypocritical...

Everyone is a hypocrite...

Just because I do lots of hallucinogenic drugs doesn't mean I should let my kids do them........

2. Don't have kids, but if I did I probably wouldn't want to smoke with them at any point. Just feels weird. Maybe when they're young. I mean not at a point when they can remember it. Well, no. I mean I'll cum on a table and blow smoke at it, does tht count?

3. I have the unique perspective of growing up in a canna-friendly home, have smoked with both parents as an adult only ( too weird as a teen!) am now a medical user & occasional recreational user....And the parent of two teens....I only recently started using weed to manage my symptoms...our teens know I am better since using cannabis....but they have no desire to smoke and if they did, totally fine with me....if they were 21+ and they desired to get high with me....sure I guess....no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I would never have kids, but of course id smoke with them when they're of age. My family let me get drunk on New Years and such when I was underage... Weed is healthier so why not? When I say underage I mean 16 and up... I think younger would be inapropriate.

5. #45 bongs4days, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    I'll be the one who introduces them to smoking, in the first place! :bongin:

6. Except a puff off a joint your first time would get you stoned unlike a sip of beer which would leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

7. fixed that for ya champ.

8. I'm not saying you should blow down an oz with your kid, but if your kids find cannabis on their own I would definatly not see a problem toking with them, and If you yourself toked and told your children not to they would for sure think you were a giant hypocritical dbag

9. I would let them get to that ripe, bitchy age like around 16-18 while they're in highschool before I smoke with them. I feel like it would be a good bonding age and we'd get so many problems solved in a way more chill way. But any time before that, if I find their weed, I'm smoking it. Better be that dank shit.

10. :rolleyes:  They may think that, but they would be wrong.

Actually, I wouldn't give them a chance to think that. I would have explained to them that there is indeed a difference in a grown adults brain and in a child/young adults brain. Then there is also the ability to pay for one's habits without sacrificing priority purchases, etc. :smoke:

11. Not if they were loser stoners haha! Of course I'd do all I can to steer them in the right direction, society is stupid.

12. #52 The real spliff shady, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Of corse why deprive them of something that's going to boost their immune system,keep em healthy and give them an edge over kids that don't use cannabis.

13. The thread title says once they're adults, not if they are teenagers. 

14. True, yet you and a lot of posters referred to kids and children. I also stated young adults. :smoke:

15. Ah, Yeah I said kid but I was thinking of an adult child as still your kid. Even when I am 55 I will still consider my child my kid, even if they are a grown kid!

16. If my kid was 18 and proved responsible with it hell yeah. If he had reached his own conclusions about when to do it and his own capacity to do it, and had his shit relatively together. I smoke weed with my friends parents and my own parents dont give a fuck when I do. Theyd rather have me smoking weed than drinking especially because when I smoke weed I usually read or hardcore practice an instrument, which is not something I do as often sober.

17. Yes if they are adults.

18. I don't have kids right now but when I do. It really depends on how mature they are then it would be appropriate to smoke with my kids.

19. I didn't turn my son on to weed, he found it himself.....although I thought I could keep the fact that I smoked from them.....lol, kids know everything you do.......

20. lol as soon as I recognized the smell of weed as "weed," I instantly flashed back to my young days living with my dad where his house always smelled like that and I instantly knew my dad was a stoner. ;)