Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you smoke with your kids once theyre adults?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Messiah Decoy, Jan 18, 2015.

1. My kids grew up dealing with an alcoholic mother, so we've had some serious conversations about drugs over the years.  They are all grown (and have given me many grandchildren) and all have smoked and had their own issues with alcohol.  You really can't prevent their experimentation, but you can offer non-judgmental guidance and advice.  They've all come through those years pretty well. 

My son is the only one that still smokes.  And I'm very much ok with that rather than drinking.  We've shared a smoke a few times over the years.  It brings us closer, I think.

2. After they graduate college (when their brain is done developing). Maybe after they graduate hs. I started when I was almost 26.

3. Yeah once I believed they were making the decision fully informed of the consequences. 

4. I smoked with my dad when I was 16 or 17.

Last night I smoked with my dad, mom, brother and sister, we're all adults now and weed brought our family closer together.

So yeah, I would smoke with my kid when he/she is 18 and I would probably discourage them smoking until they are at least 16-18.

5. I smoke with my 25yo son.............

in fact, he's the best connect I've ever had.................. :confused_2: 

6. It depends.
    1. weed needs to be legalized\t
    2. my kids need to be legally old enough to smoke\t
    3. weed needs to become a norm
    Right now, we live in a world where if people found out I smoke with my kid, I would get a lot of heat and most likely arrested and charged. And that's just unnecessary bullshit that I don't want to deal with. I'm not against smoking with my kids, but I don't have to.
    But hey, I'm only 19 and I don't have any kids. I'm not sure if I ever will. But maybe my opinions will change as I age.

7. When they come around the age of figuring it out for themselves and trying it.. Hopefully not too early, but 15-16.. Because that is the age I started and felt it was okay, and I still do, but they can't sit on their ass all day.
    Theyve gotta have maturity, i dont think i want em getting into the other shit i did, but if it happens you can only control them so much, right?

8. I can honestly say that I would prefer and be happier if my kids didn't smoke weed. (I'm 21). I could go on an epic rant about my opinions on weed and legality and all these different things.

But what's the point. Anyway, if my kid smoked on his own and I found out I would probably end up smoking with him or her. But I wouldn't promote it to them and try to keep the fact that I smoked from them. It would all depend on the wife honestly. I hope I can find a chill one lol. I would say or find one at all but nah fuck that if shes not chil I cant marry

9. I couldnt. Too wierd. Maybe cause of how i was raised. I guess it makes me a hypocrite but i told them not to smoke or do any drugs. Didnt want to promote doing something illegal for one, also definitely didnt want them messin with it while too young. Both daughters are now adults an niether one smokes. One occasionally politely tells me i shouldnt do it for health reasons, the other doesnt care.

10. I don't even consume weed with my brothers lol and one is a grower, idk I'm the youngest (oldest is 8 years older than me) As of right now its just weird, maybe in the future

11. #31 ReturnFire333, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    I don't use cannabis in any form, so if I had children, I would inform them of the possible dangers of street weed, the negative health effects of inhaling smoke, and the unknowns of the chemicals in cannabis on a developing mind. And since minds are always developing, not just in childhood, well.

I would encourage my kids (never plan on having any) to turn it down, just say no, etc, and live a healthy lifestyle. No smoking on the property. But one thing I would never do is freak out like my mom did, and go through fanatical extremes. I would remain level headed.

My kids would have a curfew until they were 18 aswell. If you don't answer your phone, you lose your privledges.

12. I think I would since I see it as a very healthy thing to be done when you can handle it.

13. You don't smoke? Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Haven't in about 2 and a half years. It's not good on my psyche. I'm here for the politics forum.

15. Ah I see, just surprising. Lol.

16. Do you not realize how hypocritical this is?

17. I have got a 12 and 15 yr old..hmmm..after they are 21 and have a handle on their life..right now they are trying to get away with shit and seem a bit disappointed they have yet to fool mom or dad...I have been stashing stuff longer than you my son..

18. Def yes when they are mature enough.  Many who have smoked either with their kids or their parents say it brought them closer together.  Why not if everyone is an adult, and there is no legal issue.  It's like the scene from Half Baked for me.  Father and son sitting in opposite rooms, Dad trying to figure out how to connect with his kids as they are both unknowingly rolling a joint.  Everytime I have been a part of this situation it brought everyone closer.  I am 35, and wish I could smoke with my parents.  They are in their late 60's and have never even experimented.  I believe it would help them understand me better.  my parents don't see how there is any difference between smoking a "J" and shooting up with heroin.  If they would smoke with me I think we would be even closer that we already are.

19. I would never blaze with my kids.
    Would feel wrong, but that's just me! Probably because the way I was raised