Mars 1200w Auto grow Silver Haze and White LSD

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by The_Green_Goblin, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 The_Green_Goblin, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    If there was a way I could marry this LED light, I would. Holy shit it's awesome.

I was a little unsure when i ordered - thought it may be a little low quality, but I was wrong. This light is fucking sweet!

Anyway, so I had some seeds from an older order I wanted to test this light with... They were autos so I thought it would be best rather than wasting some photo seeds..

So what I have is this:

Mylar 4x4x6 tent
    MarsII 1200w LED with stock spectrum
    Canna Terra Pro
    Canna Terra nutes

I didn't post this grow before because I didn't think anything would be worth reporting. I was happy to just sit idly by and watch the Auto's and harvest when needed with little enthusiasm. But after I saw how the plants reacted with his light, totally sold.

I had problems with MH and HPS. Being a novice grower, I purchased a 'kit' from eBay. That same tent only had one 600w HID and I thought that would be enough...because I had never grown before.

Two grows in, I was pretty sick of it. The power usage, the shitty airy buds.. And half of my plants hermed on me. So I bit the bullet and got a better light. Looked at the 1k's, some more 600's with food ballasts, etc... But being s tech head, and being in Australia, I needed temp control.

Although, I had one plant in my HID tent and changed it to the LED tent. Fucking HATED it! Leaves dropped and literally just got depressed and decided it wanted balls...

So LED isn't good for those plants grown under Hid, from my experience.

If nature is illegal, freedom does not exist.

2. Week 3 or 4, not sure which... But growth has been amazing, and flower production is the fastest I've seen in a while. These are about 6-7 days into seeing the kola begin...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421548623.101977.jpg

The setup. Heavy duty ties hold the Mars in place. It's a beast. 17kg. I needed to reinforce the roofing just for safety.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421548720.798938.jpg

Haze 2

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421548787.076744.jpg

White LSD 2
    As you can see, it's tiny. This plant is special. It was germinated and put into soil, and two stems popped up. One a lot smaller than the other, but both plants are growing great even for the size... For an experiment and to get more light on the smaller plant to increase chances of survival, I have LST'd this one. It seems to LOVE it...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421548827.533411.jpg

Because Australia is so fucking hot, there is less oxygen able to be held in the water... Best temps for watering are 19 degrees celcius, so I have heard. 28-32 degrees comes out of the taps, and room temp is about the same... So I was advised to try some cheap fish tank air pumps an some larger air stones in the bottom of the pot... Works a damn treat!! Roots are constantly getting oxygen! Plants have not dropped once...even when I accidentally over watered...they kept upright and kicking ass...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421548948.898079.jpg

3. #3 The_Green_Goblin, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421549411.692050.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421549433.362287.jpg

Haze 1 with her top and side buds forming :)

Attached Files:

4. beautiful subbed in man

5. The girls have really begun to show some promise of a good future yield, so I'm kind of excited. Lots of buds showing and kolas that could become pretty heavy if they fill out well.

The larger White LSD had a bit of a stretch the other day and now towers above the others...hoping this kola fills out nicely!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422135726.388614.jpg

The other white LSD (the one with its own mini me) has also developed into a plant with a few nice bud sites. After LSTing her to give the her super mini dwarf twin a bit more light, she has responded well and looking forward to keeping this one healthy...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422135917.050535.jpg

The two Super Silver Haze are also blowing up with some quality buds. These have a thicker standing than the LSD's and are a tad shorter and bushier than the LSD's. But they look to have a solid stem and branch system so hoping that means it's getting ready to offer me up some solid bud weight..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422136081.303950.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422136120.492470.jpg

Other than that, the plants have another feeding tonight or tomorrow which will be around 75% of max nutes. Canna Terra nutes with some Cal Mag Bloom and some 'All Rounder' which is s product here in oz that is not too bad at all... Takes the job of a lot of singular Canna nutes that can get quite expensive. I will take some photos when I feed to show you the fert I use :)

Thanks for stopping by. You stay classy, San Diego.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

6. Found a few gnats so I'm looking to abuse them in any way I can. It's not bad, but has the capability to get bad so I want to nip this in the bud...get it..bud haha.

Anyways, growth has been slower probably because I've watered too much, so letting them dry out for a few more days before dosing them with some anti caterpillar stuff...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422516982.012064.jpg

Hoping this stuff works..

Anyway, back to the plants. I've trimmed away a few of the shitty leaves and ones that covered bud sites. Training one with LST, but that's a special little bitch. A while other grow diary for that mutant :p

The buds on the plants are beginning to thicken. They have about 2-3 weeks left by my head.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422517133.201389.jpg

I also bought another LED to boost flower :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422517181.308227.jpg
    Top bud of silver haze 1

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422517242.116291.jpg
    All the bud sites from my white LSD 2

T ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422517308.470455.jpg
    Top buds from SH2

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

7. I just had a huge storm come through and I ended up being able to collect around 7L of pure rain water from a gutter with a hole in it :)

So going to let it sit for a bit then use it to water my newly transplanted photo plants that have also been topped.

It's made me think of ways to collect rain, though. I don't have a rain water tank, although this may push me in the right direction of buying one if the rain water does well for my plants.

8. So this is the white LSD. Possibly got another week or two to go. Just bashed it with 70-80% nutes and was dry in less than 24 hours. She's a hungry bitch.

I have had some absorption issues with magnesium. Been watering the plants at 6.1 and wondering why the leaves were starting to wilt from the outside in. So I will be upping the ph in the next 24 hours (she's dry as a bone after her feed less than 48hrs ago).

She has more to fill, and not many amber trichs yet. I think I saw 3-4 under my microscope on a bunch of buds on the plant..

Hoping I have a little more time for her to fill out. They reckon you can get upwards of 150g on this auto. I'd be happy getting half that!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423577251.895398.jpg

I harvested my first two silver haze autos as well. One plant put up 40g and the other I'm unsure about but I got a 10g bud off the top, so it's not too bad..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423577312.884382.jpg

I'm slowly getting better!!

Next steps are to consolidate tents soon. Gonna run just two. One for me, one for my girl.

I have a lot of light burn on these plants from lack of magnesium and insane LED power. Thought it was best being close to the plant, but I was wrong. About 2ft away has been prime.

I do, however, plan to run my 4x4x7 tent with twin Mars 2 1200's. That's around 1400w actual draw, so will be interesting to see how it would go against twin 600hid's.

I'm def not the best grower, but getting slowly better :) I think I need better genetics though... These seeds were kinda generic, so I've been doing my best...

Gonna try Attitude seeds. Anyone from oz used them recently? Looking at some breeders like TGA, DNA genetics , Barneys farm.. Anyone else got any solid breeders or strains from breeders that they recommend?