Aparently I look/act like a serial killer.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wtfjusthappened, Jan 17, 2015.

1. #1 wtfjusthappened, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    So for most of my post pubescent life, my friends joke from time to time that I look like im gonna snap at some point and go crazy. I always took it as a joke, because I knew that would never happen.

A few weeks ago someone in my extended family got married. I went to the wedding, everything went ok. Now im hearing through the grapevine, that one of my inlaws thinks im a future serial killer.

Im a quiet person if I dont know a person. Im not the type that needs to go out of my way to get someones aproval. Generally I don't strike up small talk with people I don't know, because I don't see the point.

Im pretty socially awkward, and have a hard time feeling most emotions in the convorsation, so making small talk to me seems trivial, and unauthentic.

Im very introverted, so oftentimes im in my own world. I daze off and dont have a facial expression.

I can see how all of these cues could point to some kind of inner darkness, it just kinda shocks me that this is how I am percieved.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. ok

• Like Like x 8
  3. Yeah dude, i can totally relate. I was always told I look like in going to shoot up the workplace. I'm quiet, especially at first. When I'm spacing out, or relaxed, I still look sorta angry, or deep in thought. And if I'm looking in someone's direction, they always think I have a problem with them.

I always get into altercations with people, especially thugs, just for looking in their direction. I'm a small dude also, so I get intimidated easily, which doesn't help the situation.

I usually have to actively smile and wave to show I don't have a problem with someone, which isn't always easy if I'm not in the smiling waving mood.

Anyway, yeah it sucks when people get the wrong idea of you. You just gotta try and be more social and outgoing, and try to smile more.

But at the end of the day, fuck what ppl think. You know you're a good person, that's all that really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hah, I get that too. I had a co-worker who liked giving me a hard time now and then, and one day another co-worker told him "Dude, you'd better be nice to  ____, he carrys a gun in his backpack." I did'nt learn that until our shift was over and I kept wondering why the hell this guy was going out of his way to conversate and engage with me.

5. I guess I have resting bitch/asshole face. Because when I relax my face (80% of the day) aparently I look like im contemplating world domination.

Im not a big guy either, so I never figured I looked intimidating, but just like you im constantly having people accuse me of eyeballing them or wanting to fight. I guess this is something I subconsciously do?

Haha. Yep I know what you mean. I get those types of comments from time to time.

Im thinking of just using it to my advantage, so people will respect me and I can extort money, weed, and bitches out of them. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 iAmBetty, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    I get that a lot. I have sorta "dead" eyes, I dont go out as much as most people my age and I'm not one for conversation unless its about something I'm really into. People often ask what I do.. Idk, its fine. People tend to leave me alone because of it, which I like.

7. Post a pic bruh

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sounds very similar. I feel like im leading just as rich of a life as anyone else, I just don't feel the need to make small chit chat about it all day. If im gonna talk about something, it has to be something im interested in as well.

Haha I will man when I get off work and get to a pc.

Ill post a few. My own brothers say I look like Charles Manson in my mug shot, but whos to blame me? Its a mug shot for christs sake.

Ill probably post that pic, and then one of me smiling for a compare and contrast.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 SuperDourPack, Jan 18, 2015
    No to be a dick bro but its converese not conversate. I know its sounds right but I'm pretty sure its converse

10. You feel better now? You corrected a great wrong, on the internet no less, holy fuck give yourself a pat on the back.

• Like Like x 5
    Lol @ trying to correct someone and spelling it wrong.

• Like Like x 6
  12. It was spell check I meant converse I just ain't look closely I know what I meant

13. Lol fuck u mad for I just noticed something and commented. I Dont want a pat on my back, I'd rather u invite your mother over to so gently engulf my cock in her mouth :).

14. Cool story, bro. Reddit has funny jokes, huh?

15. That was weak I thought u were more creative than that lil guy let's not ruin your day.

16. Lol, fuck em. Fuck what they think, be confident, NOT COCKY (imo that's the opposite of confident), and do you.

However.. It would help just to start talking to people every once in a while and SMILE. It don't matter what you look like, you could be the most "gorgeous" (lol) guy in the world, people are gonna think your creepy. Mainly girls.. You don't even have to smile all the time, just crack a genuine and smooth smile, say hey, MAKE AND HOLD eye contact, and go back to doin you.. You'll learn from there.

Ps.. Holding eye contact doesn't mean glaring into someone's soul,just look into their eyes. Let go of emotion.

17. Good advice on that one.

Im definately not as socially awkward as I used to be. I have a lot of friends, im just not necessarily comfortable around people iv never met. Depending on the person im instantly comfortable within minutes of meeting, but others I find annoying or insincere.

Part of it is because I kinda have been going through a rough time lately. I got arested, and put on probation.

I wanted to join the military and become a helicopter pilot, but with a legal reccord that isnt gonna happen now.

I guess iv been lacking in smiles lately, and when im depressed I stick to myself. Its time to move on.

18. Yup yup. I understand completely. You might wanna check into the military still though because an arrest record , depending on what for, doesn't ALWAYS get you dq'd from enlisting.. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Lol matter of fact I know a few guys in the U.S. Marines and Army, one is a SF guy, and they had some background issues but still managed to get in.. The recruiter is there to get you to sign, that's how they get paid 😉. Goodluck man

19. #19 wtfjusthappened, Jan 18, 2015
    Its not a felony. Only 6 months probation. They dropped all but one charge. All drug related.

Thanks man.

I think I might talk to a navy recruiter in the future. Im sure I would have some hoops to jump through if it were possible.

The way I see it is that "the american millitary doesn't want some druggie in the cockpit of this nations fine aircraft."

Ill never know unless I talk to someone in the military.

For now at least. I have a half oz im gonna crack into.

• Like Like x 1