Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what is a good site to order seeds from? (preferably within Canada)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hot4skinz420, Jan 17, 2015.

1. #21 CanadianOrganic, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Trust me, any strain you get will be great. If you want to see a way to keep your plants short, just have a quick look at my journal. Its in my sig - go to the last page just for a quick idea of what it looks like in flower.
    I believe SS is a sativa, so it would probably get pretty tall but it depends on when you flower. It will stretch 2-3 times so just keep that in mind

well id like to keep them shorter, as i still have to build a growbox and itd probably be easier to build a a shorter one since i have no freaking clue on what i'm doing. just have been reading articles and watching youtube videos. Im in northern alberta and have never planted a thing so i dont even know where to get soil lol this is gonna be challenge.

3. #23 MagnusD, Jan 18, 2015
    You'll want to read the growing sections of the forums. They have alot of stickied guides. As for keeping the plant short there are techniques you'll learn like lst(Low stress training), topping, fimming, ect. When you do start growing if you're comfortable, just make a journal on this site. The pro's have no quarrels with following along and giving advice. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/640522-absolute-beginners-compendium-helpful-links.html
    ^Lots of links to guides for beginners, terms, everything a beginner needs.

4. #24 Brother Urb, Jan 18, 2015

Vancouver Seed Bank and PeakseedsBC both accept interac e transfer and they are both within Canada. 

PeakseedsBC is breeder direct.  You are purchasing directly from the breeder at a very consumer economical cost, bypassing costs of advertising, fancy packaging and markup from the retailer(seedbanks).  I highly recommend.  It's mostly all I grew for 2014.

Vancouver Seed Bank is just that, a seed retailer which carries many selections from multiple breeders.  I have yet to try them but I know folks who have used them with success and I've considered using it many times there has just always been a better deal or something I wanted more elsewhere.

If you wanna keep it Canadian, you can show love to breeders like Chimera, Jordan of the Islands, Dr. Atomic, House of the Great Gardener, Med Man Brand, Next Generation and Cannacopia.  All available at VSB and all reputable Canadian breeders/companies.  I have yet to try any of these brands but I have researched them all and take great interest in many of their offerings.

Seeds are generally going to have a 50/50 ratio but the smaller the sample size you have *example 10*, the higher the chance in potential variation you will see.  I have popped 5 seeds and got 5/5 females and I have popped seeds and got 1/5 females.  The more you crack the more those numbers mathematically equalize.  Unless you are popping 100's or thousands you are simply playing the lotto, but in general it's 50/50.

Say you want to have guaranteed 5 female flowering plants?  I'd recommend popping 12 seeds just to be sure or even better 15 if you're a real beginner.  If you popped 15 this will give you a good number to play with having a high likelihood of 7 or 8 females in which you can pick the 5 healthiest specimens and cull the remaining 2.  (or keep them neglected in the corner for a tiny extra bit on your harvest).

If you are not medical-legal in Northern Alberta I would highly advise sticking to 5 plants or less so start looking into methods like "scrog- screen of green" so you can get a decent harvest off a low amount of plants. :smoking:

We're talkin major stretch.  Topping is necessary or as noted on the website flowered at a very young age.  If you do decide to go with Peak I'd recommend the pure Northern Lights for sure if height is of concern. 

I harvested some Sweet Skunk a few weeks ago.  Check out one of the buds!  In my nearly 20 years of toking this is the best herb I have ever smoked, even as a rookie grower.

006.JPG 006a.jpg

Cheers man, hope this helps you get started on your journey.  Looks like you have a lot of research to do but you are looking in the right place.