Why dont more people use log vaporizers?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Egobble1, Jan 16, 2015.

1. I'm sure there are quite a few of people on here that have log vapes. But there seem to be far more who don't and who don't know what they are. They seem to be flawless to me. Whether it's through water or straigh draw from the unit. They conserve like crazy and they do produce nice clouds if that's what you're striving for. You can leave them on for years and not have a problem with them but I still see people that love other vapes but complain about their problems. It's not like logs are crazy expensive I think they are one of the best options for around $200. Just wondering if someone knows something I don't that makes log vapes less popular and unheard of.

2. #2 lwien, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015

I had one of the very first logs vapes in production (after the Eterra) which was the Purple Days.   It was my daily driver for about 5 years.   My LSV is now my daily driver.   Why?   Because it tastes better (all glass air and vapor path), it has almost no air restriction unlike the PD and it produces thicker and denser clouds being that it has a much more powerful heater.   

But I will say this.  For efficiency, that is, conserving your bud, nothing beats a log.

3. Because log vapes suck!!!!!!!!

The Volcano RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I just had to...

I think it is because they are hand made by craftsmen and will never see mass production.  You not only have a product that is limited in supply, but is usually made by people with zero marketing budget to get the word out.  And they are small enough that they don't want the word out there too much as they only need so much business to make do.

5. #5 lwien, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015

Yup.  One of the log vape craftsman has a one year waiting list if you want to purchase one.   When the PD was in production, it too had a long waiting list.    These vapes are usually a one man production, but that is another one of it's appeals.   You are getting a hand made vape made out of natural grained wood, and that in itself makes each one unique.............unlike the 'Cano and Pax (damn, I couldn't help myself either...)

6. Thanks that all makes complete sense. It makes sense that it has to do with marketing and how much they put their name out their. I just love the fact of their longevity and conserving and unique natural look

7. One thing about log vapes, is that they look kind of primitive. At first, I dismissed them as an old school looking stoner gadget that would be inaccurate for consistent temperature maintenance. That impression was wrong.

As for the taste, a good log vape shouldn't add really any flavor to the vapor especially since they don't really get dirty. The vapor only travels through glass once it the air hits the bud, and the metal/ceramic don't change the flavor of the air like some plastics. However, if you use a metal or wooden stem, you might get some flavor change. It should still be pretty minimal compared to most other vapes on the market tho.
    An E-Nano can produce ridiculously big/dense clouds, full of flavor, with almost no herb. 0.03g is enough to give you a couple nice big hits through a bong. More if you use a vapor "Sipping" technique through a glass stem.

Can the PD do concentrates if you crank it all the way up? I know the E-nano heater is a powerhouse, and at 10 (1-10) it can easily combust herb. and do convection dabs as well.

I'd definitely recommend going with an E-nano for $200 (if you use the code FCLOVE you get 10% off.. stop by the fuckcombustion forum thread for a lot of awesome pics and info on the nano, as well as frequent appearances by the creator himself Andy/ Ace-Of-Vape).

If you like using water pieces, the e-nano with a gong attachment is an absolute beast. It'll milk any piece with flavorful, smoke-free vapor, once you dial it in to your preferences.

8. #8 lwien, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

You can't crank up a PD.   It has a set temp that's typically between 365 to 395F depending upon and the type of wood that is used in it's construction.   Different woods provide different heat ranges depending on it's density.    As it was one of the first logs on the market, the heater wasn't isolated from the wood and as such, it sometimes had kind of a woody smell/taste.    Logs have come a long way since then being that all of them, the Nano, the HI and the Underdogs all have their heaters isolated from the internal wood of the log, which is really a much better design.   

But all of the log makers really owe some homage to Tom and Pammy from Purple Days for it was them that really brought this type of vape into prominance.       But they weren't the first though.   That title belongs to Eterra.

But I still believe that the PD holds the title for the most efficient vaporizer ever made.   I know of no other vape where one can get 5 hits from a mere 0.025gr.

I had one that was literally brand new (only used 5 times) that I just sold to a member over at FC along with a custom made glass bubbler stem.      I'm already having sellers remorse.

9. #9 Everythingshazy, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

Ah, I didn't know that it was a set temp. Once I saw it was almost impossible to find online, I stopped looking. No point getting hyped for something that isn't produced anymore :/   But the E-Nano is a beast, so no problems there.

However, I did hear about the efficiency of log vapes through someone's post of the PD, originally.

It's interesting how the wood on a log vape can affect it by acting as an external heat sink. So much thought has to go into such a simple looking machine.