Weeds effect on dreaming

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dubular, Jan 16, 2015.

1. I know it's fairly common knowledge that weed decreases a person's ability to recall dreams, but it never really occurs to me how much I miss dreaming until I take a break.

I ran out of weed on New Year's Eve, and haven't been able to get any since (getting some tomorrow :D). It wasn't until Monday though that I started being able to remember my dreams again. I've had intense dreams every night this week, and it's a bit bittersweet to know that tonight's potentially the last night I'll remember my dreams for awhile.

I've always had really good dream recall, before I ever started smoking. When I'm not smoking I actually have lucid dreams fairly often, so there's that aspect to it too. I'm just finding that I miss those nighttime adventures. I mean hell, last night I dreamt I was with a crew investigating deep space, and we came across an alien spacecraft. There weren't any aliens aboard at the time, but we found a containment unit, where it turned out they had been breeding humans in captivity. And to top it off, the humans they were breeding were not in any way related to humans of earth. Kinda crazy.

I will admit though, with all the intense dreaming I've had this week, (honestly, remembering 3-4 dreams a night) it actually gets a little difficult at times separating things I've done and things I've only dreamt I'd done. This morning when I got to work, I had to think for a minute if I had actually been caught streaming a tv show on my computer at work (I dreamt that). 

Do any of you other blades miss the dreams?

2. #2 ExcretingCretin, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    Yes i do also... I once read about all these supplements which you could take. I never got thw time... I notice that if i pass out drunk i dream pretty intense. But i should mention i still do dream. I just have to think about the dream or ill forget the majority of it sooner.

Im super jelly of your dream tho. Usually mine are more jumbled. And are much less directional. And not as plausible lol.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I smoke around 3 times a day , one being about an hour or two before I fall asleep and I still dream. The one thing I realized is they occur around 2 or 3 hours before I wake up now instead in the middle of the night

4. Same with me I dream the most intensely a few hours before I wake up when I've been smoking , I had good dreams and can only remember bits and pieces I think what I like most about smoking before bed is I rarely ever have bad dreams when I've been smoking it's like my mind is at peace so I have good / adventurous dreams :)

*👌💨😆*

5. I smoked pretty much everyday for close to 10 years...and ive been a few months now...Sept 27 was my last day...

But since then....EVERY DAMN NIGHT...I have the most intense n vivid dreams...its nuts...luckily all good ones...

I go to bed knowing im gonna have em...woulda never thought by not smokin it would cause that...so yeah I know what you sayin OP

6. Weed definitely makes it harder to remember your dreams. It's still possible if you make a conscious effort but it's more challenging. Weed has been proven to suppress REM sleep (the phase in which you dream).  

Every since I started practicing lucid dreaming, I cut down my smoking to only once or twice a week.

7. I NEVER remember my dreams if im toking

8. I dont smoke much. Maybe that's why I still have dreams.

9. my dreams hit random days, but the morning time is the best for dreaming.  I have pretty intense dreams(everybody probably does).  But i had some ill shit a few days ago.
    I was on my back traveling up spiraling stairs with some dark silhouette in the corner of my view.  Shit was weird even for me. 

10. I barely have dreams without weed, but I never have dreams when I sleep high, but I always have a dream the night after I smoked (providing I don't smoke that day too) I remember some dream about a fight with someone I used to hate, then their big brother turns up with a load of gangsters in some weird car, and that was the end...not very vivid but I never usually have dreams either way lol

11. If I go to sleep high, I have no nightmares or lucid dreams. That alone is enough justification for me to smoke weed every night, but I can't afford to, ahaha.

12. Weed makes life like a dream. You don't need dreams if you're high.

13. Waking up from sleep makes you forget your dreams regardless of previous high or not. 😴 but a lucid dream or any version of wet/stickiness whilst sleeping is usually more fun than dry. Yes?

14. If you drink a glass of milk and taje a v b12 supplement you will get vivid dreams.

15. I've always had really vivid and intense dreams so I am glad to get away from them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Okay so I currently have a week clean under my belt as im about to graduate so im on the job hunt and last night I had my first dream that I remembered in a while. It was extremely real, I was at my parents house fighting some dude I dont even know. Next thing I know I throw a punch in my sleep, punch my girlfriend in the back and she's like, "WHAT THE FUCK!?!? YOU JUST PUNCHED ME". I woke up and was so confused, my heart was racing and I just said sorry and that I was dreaming. Now I just feel bad because she said it was a full blown punch, just glad I didn't catch her in the face, that would've been tough to explain.

17. Although I toke up every day, Im glad at least 2-3 days out of the week I can recall some intense, realistic dreams.

18. I've never heard a con about weed before. Now I just don't know anymore now guys. I may just quit it.

19. I usually dream when I'm awake. Ofcourse, I just call that 'being high'. When I stop weed, all I get is nightsweats.

Yah I've noticed this happened to me to. Has something to do with "REM Rebound"

If you, or any else is interested heres some more information on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REM_rebound