What is with limey news?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FrankTheTank28, Jan 16, 2015.

1. #1 FrankTheTank28, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    Seriously...

When I see articles like this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30794645v
    It just makes me want to laugh. Cannabis has never been proven to cause physical addiction. However, you can develop a physical addiction to coffee!

Here is a quote from the article that makes me LMFAO:
    "I wasn't eating and I was just over five-and-a-half stone. Eating got in the way of my smoking and so would hygiene. I would go a week without having a bath or shower."

By Jim Connolly

A: It is called the munchies. This guy is full of shit!!!!!
    B: The guy might be French. How hard is it to jump in the shower?

What is everyone's thoughts on limey news or the article that I have pulled?

2. Well, being from the UK, I can say that we have some good and bad news, just like everywhere else (can anybody say Fox?). I think the main differences between the UK, and places like the US of Aus, is our class system, and that people care a lot more what people think of them. You might think the class system in America is bad, but we have families older than your country. These families want to maintain their image, whether it be in the eye of the public (if they are well known), or from the circles they run in. So you get these baseless reports, which are supported by all of these people who want to show that they're "The best" somehow, and make sure they fit in. 

I couldn't view the source, it wouldn't let me access it, but this is generally what's responsible for bad news in the UK. Or they're just having a slow day.

And, the UK isn't the only place that spreads bullshit about weed. America has some of the dumbest "Information" I've ever read.

3. I believe they pulled the article? :confused_2:   Kewl

I do agree with you. There are plenty of American based news articles that are also comical. Fox news is absolute shit. 

4. I confess I really don't see an issue here ....! ...perhaps I'm an addict ...but my babe does say she likes my 'smell' ...lol