ISO hq led light panel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jessekickass, Jan 15, 2015.

1. I'm looking for a led panel that equals that of a 1000w hps . One that can be used for veg and bloom. I already have a 1000w setup with hps and mh bulbs and digital ballast. But damn can this setup throw heat . Price isn't an issue. 'Preciate the help guys.

2. #2 SoCal Nature Farmer, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    I would recommend the SolarSPEC-1040 by Amare Technologies, in a conversation I had with the designer this is what he said. "It's the only true 1000w replacement with up to 30% more PAR intensity than a 1000w HPS w/ 2550umol@12", and 1785umol@24". This system is made up of 4 separate SolarSPEC-260 panels that are attachable to form a single panel and offers unprecedented flexibility by allowing the user to use the system in many different configurations. It allows the user to control the coverage and intensity level, along with reducing the negative effects of the inverse square law by controlling the distance between the panels."

They run extremely quiet, no more loud then my laptop computer. They are also a LOT cooler then my HPS was, I even had to buy new timers for my ventilation as I would just run it continuously when my HPS was on. Had one fan set up to exhaust the HPS thru ducting continuously and had another fan that would exhaust the air in the tent constantly as well.

This last grow I picked up two SolarSPEC-260 units and set them up in a 4x4 area that I previously used a 600w HPS to cover. Due to time constraints I was only able to veg the plants out for a limited time & flipped to flower when the plants were only 9" tall. With plants half the size that I would normally run I ended up needing to purchase 3 more large jars than I normally would use when it came time to jar everything up! The buds are extremely dense, even the lower buds are just as dense as the higher buds & just as potent! So not only did I cut costs in wattage consumption but I also cut costs in cooling/ventilation & yielded much better results then I ever got with my 600w HPS alone.

Here is a picture of the Girl Scout Cookie flowered under the 600w HPS, plants were much taller and more bushy yet the buds were not as dense:

IMG_20140121_175713_021.jpg

Now here is some pictures of the latest harvest of GSC under two SolarSPEC-260's w/ plants half the size! Kept the lights @30" away from the plants veg thru harvest as well:

IMG_20141207_181218_132.jpg

GSC Harvest 12-11 #3.jpg

GSC Harvest 12-11 #7.jpg

GSC Harvest 12-11 #6.jpg

Here is a pic showing how dense these buds are. I squeezed hard enough so that the blood is rushing away from my finger tips yet the buds stay nice and solid, EXTREMELY dense!

IMG_20141221_120405_3291.jpg

Just picked up another two SS-260's to complete the SS-1040 and will be seeing how it compares against my 1200w HPS grows!

HTH!