The amazing adventures of princeganga

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by princeganga347, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Yea I am getting anxious.  We are transitioning into the stages I kinda hate thought to be honest.  Its getting to be the end, so my stress level kinda goes up.  Getting low on bud, so its a race to see if they finish or if I run out.  Usually its harder to be patient when your out of bud lol

2. oh yea, and as far as flushing, starting week 7 they will only be getting canna enzyme

3. Yeah I can definitely understand that. I'm at the beginning stages of my growing career so any little bud I harvest is only around momentarily. The rest I smoke, I buy. Growing does save me money but I don't have enough space to supply my needs as of yet.

It's great seeing the capabilities of a basement. You have a beautiful jungle, don't stress!

Do you ever partial harvest larger plants or maybe early harvest a smaller plant?

What is that enzyme you speak of? I flushed with just ph tap water my last week, I grew in coco.

4. 2.5 oz yield from one plant under 12 cfl for just under 4 months total. Right now I have multiple plants going and I'm investing in an led soon as they get bigger. They're just in solo cups right now. One of the most expensive things I find for me is growing medium. But I think that's due to being a newbie. You need a lot to fill up multiple gallon pots!

Attached Files:

5. Heres some pics

Will be loads of fun trying to keep track of all of this but here we got. 

5x9 tent has 2 cycles in it. 6 @ Week 6 and 2 @ week 3 now.  50x50 tent is day 1.  9 plants total.

Og larry x bms #3 - big bitch
    Og larry x Bms #4
    Wet Dreams
    Dog 2010
    Swamp Wreck #5
    SSH x JB #5
    SSh x jb #3
    Grand daddys balls #4
    Urkle x Snow lotus #9

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ​​​​​​

6. Ya it does add up.  Coco is nice atleast in being able to reuse it a few times.  Soil can be amended to, and reused

7. Are all of these plants in coco coir? Does coco work better for you? I only have one run under my belt so coco is all I know in regards to nutes and growth

8. yea straight coco.  So far so good, this is my first time in coco.  I used to do super soil/ No till living organics.  got tired of it, wanted a change.  So far, coco seems way easier, more forgiving, plants grow faster, respond faster, and flower thicker, 

9. I have no experience with soil, but I can agree coco is extremely forgiving. When an issue appears, it's fixed immediately.
    Organics with coco would be lovely.
    My buddy uses aeroponics. That sh.. blew my mind! I didn't know such a method existed haha

10. Yea I wish there was a good organic nute system for coco.  Its hard though because coco and soil are completely different mediums and involve a completely different idea.  Coco is inert, and your feeding the plant itself.  Organic is dependent on healthy bacteria and microbial life, a big amount of organic material and root system/biomass to break down and the organisms that break it down.  So to do organic, you would have to heavily amend coco/add organic matter to it. By time you are done would more be like soil.  I have found in coco, the smaller pots seem to actually do better.  Getting the plant to eat the nutes outta the small pot and feeding it smaller amounts much more often, and thus just making it drink a lot, and the growth is crazy.  I know many say it, but its very true.  If you treat coco like a hydro medium, it flourishes.  If you treat it like soil, it still does good as well, just not the same

11. that sounded so retarded, was working on the car and am now incredibly high so that may not have been super coherent

12. Naw man I completely understood. The closet to organic with coco is organic bottled nutes. But yeah its almost impossible to overwatered with perlite in the mix too.

13. yea I have heard and seen people adding perlite into the coco.  I personally dont see the point.  Coco already is so light and fluffy, and drains so well, I just don't see the point.  Most of it will just float up to the top anyway when you water. 

I found most "organic" nutes are far from, and many other things toted as organic.  Part of the problem is the the people  wokring in regulatory agencies deciding what to classify organic work for the companies they are regulating...conflict of interest for sure.  There is huge holes in the "organic" labeling area that boggles my mind.  Perfect example is General organics by GH.  What they forget to mention is all the binding agents, and preservatives that are not at all organic.  And the squid stuff they have is the same concept as "organic farm raised salmon"  huge ocean farms in nets eating food they normally never would, killed in another country, preserved and then shipped worldwide.  Maybe organic in theory, but certainly not in spirit.  In my opinion, take it or leave it, organic has become a buzz word to sell without really being any different then the usual industrial shit.  Stuff labeled organic IMO should be using natural processes, and sustainable processes from start to finish.  True organics, especially when it comes to growing, means using bacteria in the soil to break down natural biomass, companion cover crops, and Earthworm castings as the main component. Prob closest in my mind is No Till Living organics, works great once you get the web going.

14. camera is on the fritz, so sorry about the less the good pics.  Just shitty cell phone pics.  Just snapped a few quick ones, for posterity lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ​​

camera is on the fritz, so sorry about the less the good pics.  Just shitty cell phone pics.  Just snapped a few quick ones, for posterity lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ​​

15. #115 princeganga347, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  16. What do you use for taking those macro shots

17. Hey there, sorry I missed this.  I am actually only in a spare bedroom :)  A basement would be fucking awesome 

Yea I actually have done that partial harvest, perticularly on tall plants.  I been thinking of doing it on these as well, taking the tops and then letting the bottom stuff go another week while the tops dry.  Wouldn't cost me to much time, Hell could probably even get some new plants into the tent with the extra space. 

The enzyme is by canna.  Its a little pricey, and I prob won't get it again to be honest.  it is an enzyme that breaks down the dead roots, and converts it into free nutes for the next cycle.  Basically it preps the coco for the next cycle. 

How did she smoke?  Looks pretty nice man :)  anything grown yourself is special to, you know exactly what is it, what is in it, what ISNT in it, and have the joy of seeing it develop . 

Sorry i miss stuff, in school full time, got the garden, life, the misses, housework etc so it gets kinda crazy! 

Plants are doing well, shooting to chop most of crop 1 by week 9

19. I fucked up the cure. I let it dry 4 days til the stems were snapping, then clipped all the buds and jarred them. They felt too moist and i didn't want any chance of mold so I set them out for a few hours. Well I fell asleep and by morning the buds were all crisp. The smoke was amazing and the effects were fantastic but the taste and smell weren't almost non existent. Which ended up not being so bad for the neighbors haha.

I have a solo plant flowering right now. I'm doing it small this time so I can catch up with better equipment. I just got hired at a new job as well so things are moving forward! It's awesome to see it all happening with passion.

Your grow is the first I've been able to watch from the beginning consistently and it's cool to compare grows. I'm excited for your harvest!