Smoking While Pregnant - BAD... right?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by iamblazed21, Jan 13, 2015.

1. #1 iamblazed21, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    http://www.healthline.com/health-news/children-cannabis-impairs-fetal-brain-development-012814
    http://www.mothertobabyca.org/high-times-for-marijuana-clearing-the-smoke-about-marijuana-use-during-pregnancy/

my girlfriend is 4 months pregnant. Before learning this wonderful news, we both smoked heavily. I have done some research about this, but I was just wondering if you think an occasional toke is bad news while pregnant. I know what you're thinking, "why even risk it, it's your child, read the studies again", but I'm looking for more personal advice...   :bongin:  :cry:

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Weed is a huge aphrodisiac for my girlfriend which is part of the reason why I am asking this. I was recently looking into a vaporizer pen for myself and kind of rationalized to myself, "hey maybe vapor isn't as bad" but I guess it is the chemical which is bad for the child. Any opinions would be appreciated.

2. So to hell with the baby, you just want your gf to be horny?

• Like Like x 1
    :wacko: no...erm yes haha i don't know if you put it like that......i asked many smokers who have children if they blazed while pregnant and they assertively told me "never"... i suppose it is foolish to even risk it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Honestly, you're only looking at a 5 month break....to me it would be worth the peace of mind to just wait...

Btw, I have 2 sons and my wife abstained from any sort of intoxicants, even over the counter meds while pregnant, she said if one of the babies had some sort of defect she could never not feel that she was responsible...

Hang in there....good luck.....

5. thanks for some reason your post just gave me a LOT of peace of mind. it's cool that she gets horny every time she smokes but it's worrisome in the same respect because she is somewhat dependant on it to be able to enjoy sex or really WANT it if you catch my drift... makes a guy think twice about his skills in the sack lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Put it this way, do you want your 2 week old child to be "technically smoking" THC/Cannabis? Let your child make that choice when they are mature enough to do so. But don't make them.

7. just wait a few more.months..

-yuri

8. Smoking is probably a bad idea just because she would be inhaling ash into her lungs.

But, I've heard that there is a long tradition in Jamaica of pregnant women using cannabis tea to relieve pain and morning sickness.

I'd have to scour the internet to find more specific info but I remember reading a few years ago that an American woman conducted a study comparing the pregnancies of 20 women, half of them using cannabis during pregnancy and following up on the birth and growth of these children.

At age 5 all children exhibited more or less average health and development and some of the mothers who had used cannabis while pregnant actually had children performing above average.

The funding got pulled after that, presumably because the research company funding the project was disappointed that this study hadn't given a conclusive "weed is bad for the babies" result.

So one study of a small group can't really show that much evidence but I'd say the tea option might be worth looking into. Of course, be careful because this is your baby after all.

Congratulations on impending fatherhood. Good for you staying by your lady and wanting to offer her support however you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I would er on the side of caution and abstain. You should show solidarity and abstain as well. 

I have many friends who smoked during their pregnancies and I was honestly disgusted. How could anyone knowingly endanger their child's health and development? It actually put me off smoking for a while. What's the difference between a "stoner" and a drug addict?

10. Man I feel bad for weed. If your baby comes out half retarded (Mother not doing drugs) its an act of god. If your baby comes out half retarded (Mother smoked weed) IT WAS THE WEEDS FAULT.

11. My go too logic

A brain that is developing should never be under the influence of anything that affects the mind because it will affect the development

-yuri

12. Id stick to edibles

• Like Like x 1
  13. don't allow the developing brain to get high

They say weed isn't addictive. Prove it. Go 9 months without. Its not worth giving the child mental illness
    -yuri

14. Yes I am curious as we'll about this is edibles fine ? Since there is no smoking involved. I have heard of several other studies where the children of the moms that took thc other ways instead if smoking had perfect normal or above average children, think about this though people. In the older generations parents smoked and drank while they were pregnant , mine did heavy drugs while she was pregnant with me and I graduated top of my class , learned three languages and got a degree. All I'm saying is don't make these people feel bad for wondering . It's a perfectly normal question that I've been wondering too

*Follow your heart , load the bong , spread the joy because life is short . Don't judge just love*

15. There's a chance ur kid will be challenged in some kind of way just from genetics. Do you really want to make the risk higher just so she can toke durin pregnancy ? Priorities .

16. idk if its bad or not but i still wouldnt if i was pregnant.

17. Sorry dude [​IMG] maybe just with the guys sometimes.. good luck.

18. Just food for thought, Jamaican women have the healthiest babies in the world... Do some research instead of telling stories people.

19. Lol^ assumes every Jamaican woman smokes weed lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Show me your source for the claim that Jamaican women have the worlds healthiest babies and a source proving that's the result of cannabis use.