There is one impossible fact

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 13, 2015.

1. That presupposes linear time as the only possibility, which is to apply our experience to all that is or could be. You had a beginning in time because you are limited in time (and space). Whatever caused the universe necessarily wasnt limited by the effect (dimensions of the universe). Causality is predicated in the assumption of linear time. Having said that, a timeless 'god' wouldnt need a cause because time began when with the effect (universe).

2. #242 MaxK, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    Chicken and egg sir. You're looking at an ouroboros. 

3. God is what does not exist.

4. What 'came first', implies linear time bro ;-)

5. God is.

6. Deep shit

7. #247 pickledpie, Feb 20, 2015

What is the absolute? Truth. True now, true before, true forever, the True primordial reality is ever-present and pervasive.

8. Intellectual cowardice occurs when someone picks apart a position without stating their own.

9. From the infinite emptiness, what was the first form of creation? In tracing it back to the root we come to master this world and see the essence of our being. In seeing the essence and truth of ourselves we are no different from the Buddha or the Sage. When this heart beat is not yours, when infinity listens through your ears and no self sees through these eyes, then it is like the water merges into the water and there is no I. Only then does one realize "I am", only then does one realise "I am that". Who are you? Having dwelt upon that question with great focus and perseverance true wisdom dawns and all the fetters of falsehood are torn away. The true light manifests and the veil is gracefully lifted and ignorance is removed. Sit in the abode of emptiness beyond mind. In bliss without limit in sahej anand.

10. I'm gonna say god is time. And you misunderstand NM. Its not what came before the other. Its they both came at the same "time"

11. #252 MaxK, Feb 20, 2015
    You cannot prove the inexistence of god. You can claim it does not exist.

12. You asked what created god and gods god infinity, this leads to an infinite regress i.e. infinite past (time had no beginning its infinite). If time is infinite and time = god, logically god didnt begin/ wasnt created or caused.

Time is one of the roots of the entire veil of illusion that separates us from God. God is timeless, existing always, although the word "exist" is only semi-applicable.

14. I don't like calling truth God, because then the Christians think you're throwing them a bone.

15. Also to people saying "what created God" why does God have to be created first. Why could God just not always have been.

16. Because you can just say the same thing about the universe and not add the extra God layer.

Yahtzee.

One doesn't exclude the other.

19. Unless you believe in both, one doesn't have to include the other either.. and in reality, if the universe is eternal like God, then it would of never been created seeing as it always existed, no creation point. So you have to ask yourself, what does God actually do?