There is one impossible fact

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 13, 2015.

Well you're free to believe whatever you like. I am in complete agreement with my Guru.

2. #202 AtlasShrugged93, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

God bless you, Pickled. I pray that you find your truth and bliss, my friend.

Good talk. Peace.  :wave:

3. #203 Luvs2splooj, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

Either you haven't bothered to really explain the hologram theory enough here or it's absolute hoopla. You haven't explained how nothing spawns a hologram, and how a hologram is still nothing...even though it's apparently something. If it's nothing then it isn't spawning anything, or else that's something. It doesn't have to be a physical something.

It's a big logical leap that you haven't articulated on. How does nothing spawn a hologram? You can't just use the "Lacking of evidence is not evidence of lacking." line, it's just lazy an allows anyone to throw out any theory that makes sense to them.

The only theory that says there is 'nothing' that comes close to believable would be one that thinks about the universe as if it had no one to see it. All the objects in the universe would be but nothing would know they're there. So in that sense, there is nothing because there is no one to see that there is something. But even then, you would say that there is some thing, technically, that makes up universe. Even if it's just a big cloud of information.

4. #204 freethinker, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    Because in order to experience yourself, you need to experience what appears to be (from the limited perspective) contrasting or opposing forces that enables us to see differences in this physical reality.  This is not easy to explain with words as words are just pointers and can never actually be anything else but the manipulation of sounds coming out of our mouths to explain how things behave outside ourselves...nothing more than that.  I'm speaking from my true self's point of view, awareness if you will.  So trying to explain it to someone who's seeing things from the person being the subject isn't easy...but I'll do my best for you.

Space exists so you and I can move within it...and yet the space remains no matter what fills it or doesn't fill it.  Silence exits so that you could hear things, sound can exist in the silence or the silence alone can exist.  But even when there's sound present, there will always be the silence underneath it giving birth to it at all times..it's like they both exist but are essentially one if you think about it deeply.  Without the pauses of silence between any sounds, sound wouldn't be distinguishable and would just be one big loud blur or nothing at all...once again, you can't have one without the other in this reality.

To answer your question about sleep... do you ever experience your body during deep sleep?  Have you ever had a dream projected to your awareness when your asleep for you to witness (of course you have)?  Were you in control of that dream...or just aware of it?  When you woke up and your brain started to reveal your body/mind to your waking reality once again, you didn't actually go anywhere did you?  You weren't aware of your body/mind during sleep, and yet it was there all along when you woke up.  So after gathering the facts of these common occurrences that happens every single night, what was the one constant thing throughout all of these (supposedly different) experiences?  What was there before you went to sleep, there to witness a dream during sleep, and was also there when you woke up?  Awareness.... and that's it!  That's the one constant thing going on in all reality.  In order for you to witness what appears to be temporary objects/sounds/smells/ect ect there must be an infinite transparent witnessing conscious awareness for all things to take place in.  That is you, that is me, that is all there is.  

To answer your question about why there's so much variety in the Universe.  Why not?  There's an infinite energy experiencing itself in infinite ways for the purposes of knowing itself..or maybe just for fun?  Who really knows...  Wouldn't you want to experience every possible thing that can be imagined if you could?  I believe that 98% of all living species have already gone extinct on this earth... We're all just a tiny ripple in the infinite aware consciousness of the one great energy.  What makes our existence so awesome is that we've become aware of ourselves... like the universe becoming aware of itself to itself, by itself...for the purposes of knowing itself.  It's the most beautiful thing really..and it's all happening through US!! 

If I came off the wrong way in a previous post like another poster said it was purely unintentional... I only post here to help.    Peace and Love to you bro.

5. Consciousness must calibrate

This is extremely misleading to the point of being false. The natural universe does have a 'somehow'. It didn't just spring into being magically. We may not know how it occurred, but something happened to create it, that's a basic fact of physics. So, the physical universe as you put it does have a natural, logical explanation for its existence. That just hasn't been discovered yet. That's like saying rain doesn't have an explanation because you don't know what causes rain.

7. You're missing the point. Which is that, even if we know what caused the universe, what caused that? And when we know what caused that, we then ask what caud THAT.

Exactly. That's how science works. But that's not like God at all, because if you believe in God, then it all ends right there. In the original post. God exists without a somehow. Science, does not exist without a somehow. Science explains what that 'somehow' is. Sure, it will lead to another question and another somehow. That's why we learn and grow and have things like cell phones instead of living in a cave still and fighting jaguars bare fisted.

God: No somehow. It ends there because god always was and always is and created everything.

Science: Always answering what that somehow is.

9. #209 Luvs2splooj, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015

This isn't about god or science.

It's about the relatively supernatural idea that the universe either came from nothing for no reason or always has been here for no reason.

10. just because you dont know something, doesnt mean there is no explanation to it. it just means we dont know the explanation for it.

11. The point is (i think), either the universe came from nothing at the beginning of time or time doesnt have a beginning i.e. infinite regression.

12. Another one Boats the dust. :(.

The thought that the Universe doesn't have a ''reason'' (meaning) isn't supernatural, it's the opposite view that asserts Supernaturalism, in that it posits a meaning to the Universe that is not intrinsic within the Universe itself..

13. That's why I said relatively supernatural. The origin of the universe probably has a 'how' that's outside of our logic.

''Relatively supernatural'' is still supernatural.. but regardless, of course it has a ''how'', and nobody would dispute that, but when you talk about the Universe having a ''reason'' (''why?'' questions etc) it implies that you're talking about ''meanings''.

15. I mean 'why' as in 'why did the apple fall from the tree?'. Because gravity. Not why as in what's the meaning of it all.

16. Account, refer to post 211 and stop trolling.

17. #217 Account_Banned283, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

Norse, don't refer me to one of your posts as though you've said something interesting in it - this clearly isn't what Luv2splooj was trying to get at, because if it were, he would of been stating the obvious, and the thread would of ended after the first post.

18. Account would argue semantics with jesus if he could :lol:

-yuri

19. I believe in a God a creator, I do not believe in religion.  I think religion is humans answers to the questions that have no answers.

20. all is evolved from the necessity of intended energy manifesting as consciousness.