Crafty owners Broken crafty Is this common?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Amanalki, Jan 12, 2015.

1. How longs does the crafty takes to charge from a completely drained battery? Mine takes around 5 hours or more! The charger that came with it never worked either...

When I charge it from 50% then it takes like two or three hours. It says 2 hours on book!

2. Mine takes about the 2 hours the book says so....5 hours + is waaaay too long.....get with customer service....they might give you a brand spanking new one.......I just got mine back....new in box.....with a full charge out of the box!!!....S&B for the win......

3. My mighty takes maybe 2 hours. Concentrates through it is the bomb ! Way better then a nail dab.

4. I just got back my 5th vape. S&B takes care of me. Prepaid postage to send it back with a week turn around time
    is great. I got my 5th brand new unit. Ascent has is repairing my 4th return unit. It has been two weeks and they
    keep putting the return date. Getting the runaround.

5. #25 lwien, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015

So let me get this straight.   You are on your 5th S&B vape and on your 4th Ascent?

And you say that one of them is giving YOU the runaround?    Hmmmmm......................

6. I have no idea why vapes keep failing. I have read other people are on their 4th Ascend or Crafty but
    not both. I only us one 6 time a day. The Ascend is not efficient. The crafty is 75 percent more efficient.

7. #27 vapeview, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    58 hours on my Crafty and still going strong. I have one of the original production run units. Aside from some minor plastic breakage (where the cooling unit meets the base) and some expected battery degradation, the thing is still kicking ass!

8. I bought both the mighty and crafty the day it was available to buy from S&B. Gotta say I use both very often and personally have not run into any issues with either of them. Sorry to hear about the problems some are having though.

9. you should send the mighty in for a upgrade if you,have one of the first production models. They have made a few adjustments since then.

10. I was going to buy one tonight, now I'm really considering a firefly, what do you guys think? Its the firefly the better choice? Or Is the crafty worth it?

11. The crafty is in a class of it's own as far as performance, use and
    cleaning. Nothing comes close. The extra 100 it cost you will
    save in herb. The Crafty make you weed go a long was.

12. My 6th crafty does not work as of last night. Going to send it back today. I am going to ask them
    if they will upgrade me to a Mighty.

13. shoulda done that a couple units ago hah. Good luck. My mighty is still going strong after about 5-6 months. It's worth the upgrade.

14. I bought my Crafty in April and it's still going strong. I've used it every day, at least one time and as many as 5-6 times a day. No problems and still hittin' like a mofo.

I hate to hear of these problems. It makes me wonder if/when such tragedy will befall me.

15. 70 hours on my Crafty and it died. Overheating issues and then it finally wouldn't make it through 5 minutes of a session without shutting down completely. Plus the cooling unit was hanging on by a thread. The fins had all broken off except one small piece holding it on. Didn't use it for about a month because I was too lazy to clean it up and send it in. Looking forward to getting it back now. My serial number was in the 800's so I expect they have made a number of tweaks since then.

16. The 5 Crafty vapes that failed on me all had a slow death. Not charging when hot is the first sign it is starting to fail. It then
    does random stuff like will only power up in boost mode. I am still very pleased with S&B stands behind their products. I am
    going to get a volcano next.

17. So my first Crafty is now showing the blinking yellow light of death. Reading all this, I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent heat build-up. Heat is bad for electronics.....so I recon that's what happening to a lot of us. I'm not suggesting you modify it, although an aluminum heat sink somewhere might help.

Maybe we can take the draw area off after smoking, so that the bowl is out in the air....? Maybe never set it on it's side? I'm not sure...what do ya'll think? I'm in London, and am going to send mine back as soon as I can confirm where and what to do...

...sad times. I may just buy another one, and have 2 in rotation so when one dies...I...myself don't have to die too :-( Bongs and Js are so GROSS after using this bad boy

18. Haha! I agree! After using a Crafty for several months, smoking just doesn't make the grade.

About a month ago, mine gave up the ghost. It had been acting a bit strangely, but still worked fine. Then, one day it just popped up a message on the mobile app that said "Vaporizer is faulty". So, I looked into the return process, sent it to Storz and Bickel. Within a week, they sent me a brand new unit, no questions asked. I hate that these vapes seem to have a track record of failure, but at least the manufacturer stands behind them.

Since I got the new one, I've started leaving it out to cool before putting it back in the box where I keep it. I don't know if it does any good, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something to extend its life.

I really don't know what else to do. I don't drop it or throw it around, so it's not a case of vape abuse. I noticed that the new vape looks just a little bit different on the outside, so maybe they've made some improvements to the internal components too.

19. One thing I did notice, is that I couldn't connect to my vape first, then the yellow light of death next. I'm sending mine back from London today, so I hope I can get one back by next week!

20. Because you're in London, yours goes back to Germany, right? I'm in the US, so mine went to California. The return process is a bit strange. You don't contact them prior to sending it in. You just box it up, include a note with your contact info, and a description of the problem. Then you send it in. I received no contact from them until I got an email that said Storz and Bickel sent me a package. It had tracking info and showed up right on time. Very quick turnaround. I sent it on Friday and received a brand new unit the following Friday. Hopefully, the German office will perform as well for you.