Powdery mildew? Pictures

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lake irie smoker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. I've just started flowering my two chemdawg girls. I got them as freshly rooted clones. They have been on a 12/12 flowering schedule for a fee days now and I noticed these tiny spots all over some of the leaves mostly just top leaves near flower sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This IS my FIRST grow btw. Haha.

Attached Files:

2. Not the best pictures BUT the last one looks like PM to me. A good way to tell is if you blow on the white splotches it tents to just blow right off (not recommended though because that spreads the spores LOL). Get some high quality neem oil (neem resource.com sells the good stuff). Spray till 3-4 weeks into flower.

Increase ventilation/circulation ALOT, PM normally only happens in areas with bad air flow and air exchange.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ok thanks for the info. The tiny white dots don't move at all when I blow on them and the bigger spot on the center leaf in that pic is a drop of water. Still I get some neem oil and give it a shot. My circulation fan died and I haven't gotten a new one yet (its been two days) so I'll fix that too.

4. A better pic.

Attached Files:

5. That doesn't look like any PM I've ever dealt with... But that isn't to say that's not what it is. Does it rub off at all? If not it's definitely not PM.

6. It doesn't rub off unless I scrape it hard enough to damage the leaf. Its only on leaves too.

7. I think I may have figured out what it is (I hope)

Attached Files:

8. Yeah, if you can't easily brush it off, it's definitely not PM. But still fix that air exchange issue :)

Good luck!

Bham

9. Yea another old school member told me it was trichs. So I'm good and I have neem oil and a couple new fans on the way :) thanks again for the help brother.

10. Then you sir are set. Good luck with the flowering cycle.

Bham

11. Trics from a plant thats been in flower a few days...no way, ain't Pm(powdery mildew) either but I'd be moving my conclusion to 'salts'
    often when used in hard water plants  have got to get rid of excess salts, or the plant was foilar fed with a heavy nute addition prior to sale, either way gently wipe clean with a damp rag, no soap or stuff just wipe with warm water both sides of the leaf, I strongly suspect the salt is just on the upper most side? like it was sprayed on?
     ​
    Either way as this is your first grow, I'd not be advising you grow clones out, as like the above you are in fact by other growers problems, besides these plants have ZERO vitality, thats the most VIP important thing a grower has to learn is the vitality of plants, and your responsibility to them, so grow them out, and cruise thru herbies headshop, for some hassle free current seeds ..good luck!
     ​

12. Ive never sprayed anything on these plants Didn't buy them (a friend grows chemdawg perpetually and offered me some clones for free to practice with BC he didn't wanna just toss them) and I have some legit seeds already they're from attitude.

13. Damn you're telling me it salts and @august west says they're trichs... Fuck it I'll give em a wipe like you said and go from there.

14. Oh and if it matters I looked in my notes and they have been on a 12/12 light schedule for 7 1/2 days.

15. #15 Vee, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    Important tho ...is that the stuff wipes off 
    ..with ease?

16. Nah man. It wipes off but definitely not with ease and if there are definitely trichomes elsewhere on this plant. :)

17. ..Not with Ease...?
    Then its not TRICS!
    not a recently sprayed concoction either?
    ..I would continue to grow them out
    in the meantime see your buddy
    you got them from ...for some valid input
    please post your findings  back here
    ta!

18. Thanks for the help. He told me to scrape it (moderately light) with the back of my finger nail. I did that and it comes off, kinda looks like I smeared a very small amount of liquid and smelled strongly like bud. I told him that to which he said they are trichs.