More Spiritual Stoners?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blazingforward, Jan 12, 2015.

1. GC, how goes it? The title is probably a very bad title, but I was struggling with coming up with something to summarise the point I'm about to make.

So, its a simple point, but I'd like to know what others think. I'm an open minded dude, so feel free to share your beliefs on the topic, and feel free to disagree (although this is the interballs, I don't think you need an encouragement).

Everyone relatively familiar with the philosophy behind spirituality? I know you can't define it, but in my opinion (as I would class myself as relatively spiritual) its just believing that there is a lot more to this world than we could ever imagine. 

Now, I have observed that there is a lot of talk on GC about spirituality and shit-those kind of views. GC is also made entirely out of people who smoke the good good. 

And its not only GC. My stoning friends typically agree with me and my beliefs. 

I should also point out that my beliefs on us humans and spirits and shit are not influenced from anybody else's views, like other religions which are often inherited. Although I listen to as many people who are kind enough to share their views with me as I can, my belief of the very very inner consciousness being a reflection of our spirit and such all come from my own experience. I like to think about things a lot, and I am constantly looking for clues in this world to back up/ change my views. 

Now I said a key word back there which will help me try to describe my point...experience. 

A lot of my 'experience' that has led to me thinking the way I do has come from me being high. Both on my own and with friends. Those mini epiphanies we have when we're blazed? Im kind of talking about those. I have noticed deeper connections, and subconscious communication when high with someone I have a really strong bond with.

Now I'm going to try and put this into words: my question is-do you think that there are more spiritual stoners because their weed has allowed them to 'unlock' parts of their brain and therefore gain a better understanding of our minds, consciousnesses and spirits?

Hope you at least semi-understand what the fuck I'm on about, would love to hear some views, or hey, maybe some knows what I mean and can describe it better? 

2. I feel like I cross into a spiritual plane when I'm high. That's just how it feels to me.

My theory is that it doesn't unlock a spiritual part of the brain, it unveils the true nature of reality which is actually spiritual.

3. #3 esseff, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    Exactly.

You could see it as raising your vibration. Yes I know this word is often bandied about by the so-called 'new agers', but it doesn't mean it isn't describing what is going on.

The Universe is all about vibration, and in my experience, when we get high, what we're actually doing is raising our vibration to the point where, as a result of looking at some idea, being open, freely exploring, letting go of who we think ourselves to be, finding a sense of stillness, of presence, of peace, a shift takes place, sometimes very noticeably. Each time this happens, we become a little more capable of going further than before.

Yes, sometimes when taking the much stronger psychedelics, we might experience a very profound shift indeed, but are not always able to bring it back, to keep it with us, because it is literally a frequency we just aren't able to experience life with yet. Call these moments a sign post, if you like.

Where as for those of us who use cannabis, especially when alone, slowly create the right environment for more of who we are to come through. We can only go as far as we're able to go, for there is no need to go anywhere, no need to become anything other than who we really are.

In a way, the key to doing this is to let go of what we think, or at least not to become attached to what that might be. The more this process stops, the more you feel here, now, in this moment; the less past you carry, and the less future you create, this is when the most value is achieved, IMO.

4. I like your points and have very similar beliefs, although from my understanding (i could be very long) I think that when we are high instead of raising our vibration, we instead raise our sensitivity to other vibrations all around us, and can experience more. But hey, I don't see a reason why weed couldn't alter the vibrations we give off actually... But I do think its mainly from the way we can read them 

5. #5 esseff, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015

Yes, it could easily be that, or perhaps what you're describing is simply another way of saying the same thing.

There's no question we become more sensitive, and in a way, you could say that in order to recognise another state of being, another vibration, we would have to be in that vibration FIRST in order to do so.

So whether we're actually raising vibration, or whether we just become more receptive to what is already there, the result is the same.

6. I agree the result is the same definitely.

Maybe we just increase the spectrum of vibrations we can pick up on when we're high, I'm not sure we need to be on the same vibration to read that particular vibration.

I love this topic, so interesting. Its the fact that its all hypothetical because science is just so far from understanding any of this, and unfortunately, unless science proves something, society as a whole can't accept it

The reason why I say we must have to raise our own vibration first is that unless we did, we'd be unable to recognise what is there, in order to actually know it for what it is. Perspective is everything. We can all come across something and think we understood it, then something changes in our life, and what we thought was there becomes something else. Same set of circumstances, different state of mind, different vibration.

It's not important that you see it this way, it's just what makes sense to me. We are surely increasing our receptivity when high to take in more of what must already be around us. Yet we know not everyone will see what we see when we see it. Are they simply not open enough, not receptive enough, or are they not vibrating at the same frequency to do so?

8. Whenever I get stoned I feel like I've entered a spiritual world and that I'm thinking on a different plane. I don't how to explain it, but when I get stoned I feel very enlightened. It feels like I'm pushing out for that spirituality and I can feel it in my very existence. 

I also think about death when I'm high. I get a new perspective on it. Honestly, I don't know if this is all my mind playing with me or I'm actually feeling something true.

9. #9 esseff, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

If it feels true, it is true, for you, only take care not to make anything into a mental construct as if you have it all figured out. It's easily done; as if we now have the objective 'truth', or how some tend to go further, that it must be the same for everyone else as well.

I see things like this as balancers along the way, and just what I needed to realise right now that makes most sense to me. There was a time before this when I didn't 'get' it, so there will probably come a time when I may feel it another way, or no longer need to make it a mental thing at all. It is when we take an egoic position about it that it can interfere with what comes next.

Welcome to the forum by the way!