Best LED light company?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mrvegas, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Pharmer n mrsilly threads are where u wanna look for amare oh n red beard journal

2. thanks I've been lurking already .

3. #303 bsless, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    This is an old a51 marketing pitch and just the order code for the top bin, so it's really up to the company's integrity, because they can tell you anything you want to hear. It might sound convincing at first or to an inexperienced user, but it reality there's not much credibility or value
    to this info, but inquire if u must have the info. If not, it's a mute point. Hard to believe they can produce their par and results using low-grade chips.
    http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED Compo...

The billion dollar question is the net ppfd delivered to the canopy, not a part number that can be picked off a list and any company who doesn't make their par information available upon request is questionable. Plants do not care about what and how you deliver the par intensity so long as there's at least 800umol@canopy; otherwise, you're in for LED disappointment..

This is just like comparing techs and part numbers before the race starts and then get blown away due to the application of the technology itself, because how the technology is applied will also determine the final results. Line them up , break out the parmeter and ask the plants, because that's all that matters, along with spectrum.

"caveat emptor" applies big time with LED's. The good legit companies will always be evident from their grow results.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #304 LEDgrowman, Aug 19, 2015
    A51 pitch ? that's funny! those RWs are almost 2years old and Cant even buy em anymore! yes they are bins the xte/xpe come from. I not promoting a51s! Amare just wont give the customer the bin #s for there emitters! Just like I said up top. Everyone these days claim TopBin,but then when u ask? They wanna play around and avoid the question with responses like your giving.
    Typical answer for some one trying to steer me away from finding the truth. What would we find out if amare told us? Low Bin and cheapo??
    By the way those RWs(310watt) cover a 3x3 w/750ppfd. Pretty good for 2014 tech isn't it? $800
    And I am not saying amare cant grow plants! I am just saying? They don't use the parts they Say they use! Or they would have been bragging about those #s? wouldnt they? They use too much wattage for a givin area also!
    Todays Top LED companies provide part#s for everthing they use and if they don't? I rec to stay away!
    A part# is not to say! we use Meanwell! or We use TopBin Cree ! All of us growers are supposed to believe that? Because LED companies are so truthful!
    Oh god! I am still laughing about u calling it order code! sh-its funny!
    Does every here know what Binning is?? Cause there lots that don't!!

5. #305 bsless, Aug 19, 2015
    I said it was an old a51 sales pitch, not you directly and apologize for the misunderstanding. You keep saying they insist on not giving you the bin number, have you even contacted them? They already mentioned top-bin, but didn't refer to it by exact part number so that makes them suspicious. lol. Are you going to doubt their aluminum cases now too? Or do they have to provide certifications on them, before they're aluminum:). I never questioned a51's performance nor credibility, because they're proven good panels and so are Amare.

Regarding your bin number: CoolWhites used - XTE AWT-00-0000-000000H50 R5. Cree refer to the high-lighted as the order code on there XTE specsheet I linked and the R5 is the group number. Bin is a grade classification on the quality of chips and determines their efficacy. The higher the bin, the more efficient and lumens output. Is this what you're referring to, sir?

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED Compo...

6. #306 LEDgrowman, Aug 19, 2015
    Thank you are yes I have tried and no they have not provided There specsheet code! for effiency and lumen output! So the Trillion dollar ? is Whats the lumen output and effiency#s from the emitters?
    When I was asking if everyone knew what binning was? I wasn't specifically referring to u. Most people that buy LEDs? Have no clue what binning is!

7. #307 bsless, Aug 19, 2015
    Comprende, sir:) Like you, I've had my fair share of BS in the last 7yrs of playing with LED's. Really, it's just not like them to not respond and answer questions. It's not hard these days to check and verify specs along with results since it's all avail at a few keystrokes. Just gotta invest the time and effort, which is hard at times being medicated. lol.

Other than that, good luck on whatever your hardware preference is and let's grow some tweed:)

A lot of the bad companies prey on our ignorance so as always.. "Caveat emptor!"

8. #308 LEDgrowman, Aug 19, 2015
    People really want to see the Best LEDs available?
    Realstyles here on grasscity!
    And he is building them now.
    "old buddy from the epicenter"
    2016 will be the COB takeover,and I am not talking added blue/red and uv/ir. I am talking COB only,because that's all u need,no added sidelighting.Cree/Bridgelux 3000K/3500K temps are best and its all you need. Osram later on. If you drivem thru good optics? Whats better? HPS? I think not. Watt for watt quality COB umol#s across the board,cant be beat. COBs have made it were the consumer can service the fixture with basic handtools.

9. method7's ordered, glad the plants like them better than my retinas

DSC_0017.JPG

10. #310 bsless, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    If you're a COB fan, AMARE introduced the first quality commercial COB panel based on CREE's excellent CX-series COB's with the Eclipse 9 months ago that will hit almost 2000umol@12" with their pat-pending reflector and lenses array. They also pioneered the use of monochrome to tune and enhance the performance of COB spectrum.

I agree with you the COB's are the future due to it's efficiency and ease of replacement. Though this is true, the monochrome chip-set is still just as effective if it's tuned properly @ the same intensity. The COB is just more efficient and user-friendly. Regarding the 3000-3500k temps being the best. Yes, in terms of factory spectrum, but it can be enhanced by using the monochrome to make it more effective. It will be interesting as this market grows, competition will bring better tech for growers.

I also agree with you that a properly deisgned cob panel is a viable alternative to HID. Times have changed and today's quality LED's can match or exceed the performance of HID watt for watt, if not, up to 30% more efficient in terms of wattage.

11. opticgrowlights released the first COB based unit with 120watt vero18 over a year ago. Newer growers that are uneducated are the only ones gonna be buying mono based fixtures in 2years time maybe less.The price for the quality cobs will drop and then everyone will be using them. Just being able to service your own fixtures will drive people to the cobs! adding reds/blues/uv/ir is a waste. The vero29 and cxb spectrum already has everything needed.

12. ok we get it you're educated on Leds that awesome. But now it's getting to the point of knit picking a but distasteful. Amare never pushed any lights on me and we're friendly as well. It seems you pushing you're lights or light choices way too hard.

13. #313 bsless, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    There's no blue needed, because anything above 4000k peaks in the blue and green. It's obvious you're set on your products so good luck with it, sir:)

Regarding ppl who are new and uneducated that bought monochrome panels in the last two years. You, yourself bought a 2014 a51 monochrome panel and even stated it was great for a 3x3:)

14. The best led company will be me when I'm ready to sell my lights, but not yet still under R & D maybe Jan 2016 but I can't show you how I'm gonna make them a whole new design with and without optics. Plus I'll have a growing system that will be easy to follow and get good yields. But I'm not selling lights right now and when I do I'll go through the right channels to advertise on here only because I had a thread I started it got removed because they thought I was advertising but only asking if I should start a led company. I'm tired of seeing companies lying to people who don't know anything about LED's. It's not fair liars get paid and honest people get banned(420Magizine banned me because I was telling the truth about a LED vendor) or blocked from threads (me on GC) lol it's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Two weeks to go.
    1440048652089.jpg 1440048684446.jpg

16. SkyWalker in Transition with 3000K 80cri. 9/1 or 9/2 for Update

Attached Files:

17. #317 Peflora, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    I tend to harp on the fact that you can't tell a book by its cover, when referring to plants grown under burple lights. Just the fact that you need special glasses to view them should tell you something. And what happens 3+ seed generations down the line when the seeds DNA adapts to the lack of white spectrums? Based on many experiments with plants and animals, the long term effects of not having a full daylight type spectrum can't be good in the long run

I'm a bit late late starting my Amare SE 220 v Transcendent Lighting Remote Phosphor because the Critical Mass seeds were dead.

I popped my F1ish WH X WW; pollinated with G13 a couple days ago. 8 have cracked so far. 6 were placed in starter cubes yesterday

The Amare mixes COBs with select amount of blues/reds and ir to enhance the cobs. Sounds good on paper

The TL is unique in that it uses 450 blues to shine against a dome to create one color, which is on the warm side of neutral. No added blues or reds, or switches to throw ala Amare

I'm going to put the seedlings under both lights separated by a partition to eliminate light contamination

So time will tell

18. I'm waiting for any lite under 800w led hit 2000umols at 24" n I'll say that is a led company unless real goes in production

19. #320 LEDgrowman, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    Osram ZelionHL 3 x 2 LED Indoor Horticulture Fixture (125watts) day 41 flower with Moxie Seeds 50/50 LemonOg. Oil Production has been impressive from the 660 OSLON SSL80s[​IMG]Cant wait till I get a Heavy Indica under the Osram[​IMG]Just like any other LED fixture Ive bought? Paid for itself in full after the 1st run(60days)[​IMG] ROI easy peezy!

Attached Files: