Atmos Raw help?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by imabot, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Whenever I hold down the button on my atmos raw for more than 1 second it flashes 3 times and stops heating. What am I doing wrong?

2. bumping for a response

3. You're in luck I recently just got the hang using my atmos raw and I made a profile on here to talk to other vapers about atmos.I noticed a lot of people aren't aware that it can be used to get a lot of vapor when used correctly. Funny you say yours shuts off after one second, are you sure you don't mean after ten seconds?

A lot of vapor from what?   Concentrates or dry herbs?

5. Because the atoms raw battery is meant to shut off for 3 seconds when you hold the power button down for ten seconds. When the battery is too low to function it will flash a bunch of times. Did you just get it because if you did you need to charge the batteries for a few hours before trying to use them or else you risk shortening the batteries life span.

6. #6 TheSpliffMaster, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    I use dry herbs only in my atmos. I have never vaped concentrates, just smoked 'em.

7. I use a glass disc with tiny holes in it to prevent the herb from touching the heated coil and combusting as a result. I think if I put anything that melts like bubble hash or honey oil it will just seep through the holes and combust.

8. And to be more clear I meant a lot of vapor in comparison to other portable dry herb vaporizers, not including volcano vapes etc.

9. #9 lwien, Jan 13, 2015
    There is no way in hell that an Atmos Raw can vaporize dry herbs even with their glass screen.    What you are doing is combusting.   

Frack.............another shill sent by Atmos.  

10. I'm very certain it is vapor because sometimes I will accidentally heat it to much and get smoke. The idea is that the coil heats up the glass and the glass heats up the herb, the holes in the glass are to allow constant airflow while drawing air through the chamber. The hot air passing through the herb vaporizes the herb. It can't be combustion because when I empty the chamber the herb is still in tact and smokable.

11. Chill out bro I'm a friendly guy just trying to show people that the thing works. I'm not some paid guy to make their shit look good, I just think people who feel like they wasted their money deserve a chance to get the thing to work atleast. I'm not saying it's the best vaporizer ever but it beats the hell out my effin broken lightbulb with a mcdank's straw you feel me?

12. #12 lwien, Jan 13, 2015

I do feel ya.    My issue is that you said that you can get a lot of vapor from dry herbs with the Atmos and that is impossible.    The way the Atmos is designed, you can't get vapor from dry herbs.   What  you are seeing coming out of the Atmos is not vapor..........it's smoke.   You also said that it's comparable to other dry herb portables in vapor production.    That also is not true because you are not getting vapor..........your are getting smoke.

13. So you have never used a proper vape then? That is such a funny statement. 

The battery is basically a copy of an Ego style battery, the led will give you error codes, it is very easy to find the legend for these flashes on google or this site. 

14. #14 TheSpliffMaster, Jan 13, 2015
    I'm not saying I haven't used a proper vape, I'm saying I only own my atmos raw and a ghetto vaporizer ATM. I'm just trying to help this guy get some vapor out his ~$200 investment. It honestly does produce enough vapor though. I owned a MFLB for a year and other vapors (before deciding to quit using MMJ) so I have a decent enough idea as to how much vapor should be produced by a dry herb pen. Don't mean to be sounding hostile, and I hope were all good.

Oh and on a side note good call on the battery codes I would have never known that haha.

15. #15 Mr Horsepower, Jan 13, 2015
    Two things.
    1. Let's see some abv

2. Don't use a lightbulb for anything vaping/smoking related. It's bad for your health.

16. Never owned an atmos personally but have only seen them used successfully with concentrates. Seen threads like this time to time and it always in in combustion with dry herbs.

Maybe SpliffMaster has it figured out but the proof is in the pudding. Or in this case the vaped bud lol.

17. I have anxiety and I get a little nervous on camera sometimes but if you guys want I'll make a vid of me vaping with it and you can be the judges on if it's legit. I mean I'm pretty certain but I'm open to being proven wrong if I am.

18. Using a lightbulb to vape isn't bad for you if you clean out the white substance with warm water then sterilize it with 99% ISO as far as I know it's just clear glass. Again I could be wrong about that too.

Great.   Show us a vid not only from you vaping it, but then please dump out the ABV and take a close up of that without any editing.  

If I have been wrong on this, Spliff, I will be the first one to apologize. 

20. #20 TheSpliffMaster, Jan 13, 2015
    Alrighty here it is. It looks like small parts of it did combust a tad but other than that it looks ok to me. I know when I don't use the glass filter the stuff that comes out is pure ashes.

Attached Files: