Autoflower Schedule Question (Confused)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MsVixen, Jan 11, 2015.

1. #1 MsVixen, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    First of all, good evening everyone.

I have a question, i buy my seeds from RQS.
    I got Nothern Light Automatic, but on the back it says (Flowering time: autoflowering)
    and (Harvest period is 9 - 10 weeks after germination)
    I will upload my schedule i follow on (attack File)

Now my question is, do i follow the plagron schedule 100% or wat do i do ?
    I use the Plagron Allmix but i also use the Alga Grow with it.
    I marked everything red that i follow or use.

P.S: In veg i keep them on 24/0 of light and during flowering on 20/4.
    And the pots are 11L.
    We are in Week 1 now.
    I also uploaded a video for the people that want to check my setup.
    (it's nothing professional but it does the trick)

Attached Files:

2. For a start pal veg you want it 18 hours of light flower 12 they need a longer dark period in flower to well to start producing flowers lol 24 hour light in veg is ok don't get me wrong but it's always good to give the girls a rest. I see it like this the girls absorb all the light through the leaves like solar panels then at lights off they use that light and energy made to grow and do there shit.
    Don't get me wrong they do grow in the light period but they don't do as much growth.
    Now ill be honest i have NEVER done an auto flower BUT I'm pretty sure that the light scedual is the same as any plant. As for the feeding scedual Yeh. Just keep to it and you should be sweet. That being said as it's autoflower my lighting may be all wrong you might not need to change to 12hours just no they need a min of 18 hours in veg and 12 hours in flower on a normal routine. Sorry if I have confused you just telling that 24 hours is not really needed whilst in veg lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I understand, but it's like everyone says (autoflowers) don't need a dark period, it's just nice to keep the lights off for about 4 hours to save some energy etc... i did a few tests about autoflowers and lightning, First growth i did 12/12 and 18/6, got 75Grams of 6 plants, second growth i did 18/6 and 24/0 i got about the same 81grams, now i am doing 24/0 and 20/4 and already they are way bigger than my previous attempts, i do have to say, i did learn a lot by experiementing, but i have to say, i agree with the solar idea and that's how i see it aswell, but im confused about the schedule i got, Plagron tells me to get them to flower at week 3 and on the seed card it says Flowering time: autoflower, so i am guessing it won't rlly make a diference.

Thnx for the information about the lightning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 vape2health, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    I run my led lights around the clock with autoflowers. Prefer my yields that way. They also seem to finish a little sooner. I wouldn't waste an autoflower with a 12/12 schedule.

5. no problem buddy well you have learnt me about the autoflower scedual so thanks for that. Like I said I have never done one suppose it would be alot easier to do than a regular plant.
    Always good to learn man that's why i'm on hear haha hope you find what you looking for sorry I couldn't be of any help on your autos.

6. #7 MsVixen, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    I did some checking today on my own plants, 5 out of 7 are already showing roots coming out at the bodem, probably a good time to stop giving them (power roots). this Friday i am going to check on them again, i will probably send them into Bloom. (if big enough)

I know they are autoflowers, they flower whenever they feel like (True! but i do have to say, i had one free seed and not extra space, so i tried it anyway, i planted it 24 hours later it was sticking out of the soil, it was 3 weeks behind my main plants, and i had to change my growing light to my bloom light, and gues wat, 8-9 days later the little plant was flowering)
    So it seems like autoflowers can be indeed be pushed to go into flower mode, but the yield i got from it was on the down side. (it was just an experiment anyway)

Wat i find the best is 24/0 hours of light during veg, during flowering i do like to get it to 20/4, i stick with the solar idea.
    Getting a autoflower 24/0 in veg and in flowering is not optimal (my point of view) plants need a dark period even if it's only 2 hours or 4.

7. Well I never new that hahaha I thort all plants had to have some sort of dark period they worth looking into tho I might give a try one day lol