Any suggestions for the rest of my sleeve?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by shadydogrun, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Obviously staying with the traditional(ish) japanese style

I'm just not quite sure what would go below this piece and still flow well

This is what I have going on right now
    Screenshot_2015-01-09-22-13-06.png

2. If your sticking with the Japanese why don't you add one of those traditional samurai masks with smoke coming out of it's face and keep that gray background to it or even make it fade into red that would be my idea althou I never got any traditional Japanese on me but still a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3.  I actually already have a samurai mask in black and gray on my chest haha, good idea though no doubt

4. #4 sKiTz-0, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    A hannya? A koi? Hell even another dragon would look cool.

I've generally found though that you get the best results by finding an artist whose style you love and trusting them with their ideas and input. They can give a lot of useful advice on what will and won't work and why. I enjoy the process of bouncing ideas off each other. It really works to produce great results.

5. Your tattoo looks rad

[​IMG]

6. Finish it off with a giant majestic dragon penis.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You could get a black dragon with yellow spines man. It would be winding down your arm with its head near your wrist. Then in the gaps you'd have smoke with white petals blowing in the smoke.

8. the dragon is a symbol of generosity, wisdom, and strength in japan. i dont know if you are interested in mixing folklore, but in china, the few courageous and strong koi who swim up yellow river, and make it through dragon gate, transform in to dragons. so it might be cool to have a koi swimming up your arm toward the dragon he becomes. it would symbolize your own strength, courage, and change. or, if you wanted something a little more unique (since i know a lot of people have koi fish tats) maybe go with a pair of komainu? they're essentially guardian lions that protect you.