Saw first hand why you dont use china glass for dabs

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by trixman22, Jan 10, 2015.

1. So I was at my local clinic(medical state) and I got a free dab for happy hour or some shit. They had a brand new rig out with a new domeless nail in it. The female bud tender mentioned she didn't like how close the nail was to the rig. I said " as long as its borosilicate it should be fine". I take the very first dab off this rig. As I am exhaling we here a "tink" and the joint cracked and a large piece fell off.

The rig didn't even survive one full dab before it broke. So if you have a rig made of low quality glass. I would recommend get an adapter so the nail isn't touching the joint.

2. Adapters save lives.

Well maybe not, but they certainly save $$$

3. Yep same thing happened to me lucky it was cheap and just a crack I bought a dropdown after.
    As long as it cheap shit and you get some life out of it it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

4. Basically, you get what you paid for.

5. Lmfao, it's sort of common sense to have an adapter, for a domeless nail especially, but yeah, cheap things are cheap. At least it was nothing of value. That's funny though, theres a video on youtube of the same thing happening.

Was it a female nail on a male joint or a male nail in a female joint? If it was a male nail/female joint i'm not surprised in the slightest. I've seen an adapter break from that once now in person, and heard/read a couple dozen similar stories too. Never any actual rigs. All the broken glass I've been near was from careless hands or being to close to the edge with pets in the room.

6. Female joint male nail.

7. #7 DabsOnTheMountain, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
    Well then that's what they got. Nails get hot and expand. Shoulda thought it over a little more. Yeah, it's only 40 bucks but it could have lasted much longer with some care.

8. never really thought of why they made my mini rig with a female domeless nail and a 10mm male joint, now i see why they did it that way. yay american glass.