Vets4MMJ first time grow Any and all input welcome

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by BlackFootBuds, Jan 9, 2015.

1. They're lookin beautiful :)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Hey everyone, it's about midnight here on the West coast US, things have been going beautifuly, and I'm stoked to be able to order my Mars 2 700W later this week! I'm sold on LEDs.
    Taking into consideration my first time and not knowing what I'm doing with nutes/PH (Finally have it somewhat) when these lights go on magic happens and I hooked up another (2 180w jumbo Illuminator) to my box.
    I think I have made some headway on my Auto seed (Sugar) I haven't been putting in any bloom nutes and it's more than a month old, should be done by end of Feb. Thus the Nute Deficency! I think?
    Anyway here's some pics!

Attached Files:

3. Pics

Attached Files:

4. #84 BlackFootBuds, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    I check the PH/PPM every 4 hours or so and log it. I also push down the branches now (straightening them out) every time instead of using the weights.
    I'm letting them grow up because I plan to top and continue to veg the two bigger ones until the Auto is done.

Attached Files:

5. Hey guys it's been a while sine I updated.
    Took them out of the box, I'm in the middle of a move. They will soon be in 3 1/2 Gal Buckets, with a 5 gal bucket rez. The Auto will be in a 2 1/2 gal. With 2 1/2 rez.
    All will be in a 4x4 tent. And soon purchase a Mars 2 :) Air filter, fan, Comercial airpump.
    Pics!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Like Ice cube said, "today was a good day!". Sorry old dudes, probably don't knkw what I'm talking about. Anyway, happy growing.
    Mars 2 900w on the way
    Got Today-
    Phresh filter 6x16
    6" CanMax Fan
    6" Hurricane clip fan
    6" Ducting
    And an auto Mix from Nature's ;)
    This isn't the real set up but just an idea, I have the fan directly on the filter now.
    Oh yeah, the ladies are looking good!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blk Ft stopped in for a quick read see how you're doing since we're neighbors..first lets clear up the water issue there are 5 major  wtr treatment ctrs..we have the one with highest allowed EPA of chems..i get a wtr report sent to me yrly..to get the chems out 24hrs left out will not work..more like 30 days..don't waste your time..buy wtr from one of those dispensing machines or buy a cheap portable reverse osmosis unit that goes under the sink for about $45-$60..check PureWaterClub.com for that..one of the best buys i ever made..this will make a huge difference in ph and ppm swings..chasing ph and ppms is not really productive lot easier to use r/o ffrom the start that has 0 ppm and ph to start with so you get true reading..my first yr when i moved here from norcal i had all the problems you have..norcal wtr is almost 0 ppm out of the tap..here it's between 560-700ppm with EPA allowable 760ppm..ph 7.2-7.4...btw the numbers don't get better when the reservoirs are low because of drought..i cannot stress how important good wtr is in hydro..i'll send you pm later

• Like Like x 1
  8. so far I have been using distilled, bought from store. A buddy of mine just gave me his RO to barrow until I get my own.

9. V Vet here. Been growing meds for 10 years on and off, 5 full on of late

First dump the r/b panels. Pure BS

Cannabis needs a full spectrum (white light) to 'be all it can be'

I have been perfecting a super simple hydro system that most anyone can use (especially physically compromised vets)

see my threads, and ask question on them

• Like Like x 1
  10. I finally made the move, waiting on my Mars 2....
    5 Gal Rez---> 3 1/2 Gal. RDWC (Diamond OG, BlackwaterXBlueGum) 2 1/2 gal.---->2 1/2 Gal rez (Sugar Black Rose Auto)DWC I have a bit of a leak on one of my 90 degree elbows on the 5 Gal Rez, don't have the energy to push it in further right now after moving all day.
    Enjoy the pics and Happy Growing!
    R/B Panels?

Attached Files:

11. #91 NorthernAutos, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  12. yeah I figured that after I sent. Yeah the Mars should be here shortly and that will be pretty much all I think I'll need. Maybe supplement during bud with them but 900w?! Come on. Look at all my clones =P I have undergrowth 5 nodes tall already...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. #95 BlackFootBuds, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. RB panels= Red/Blue.

Cannabis want s WHITE light, which is the only complete spectrum. That assures all the inside goodness develops Drop by my thread to see them in action

15. idk bro, I think the science is there on LEDs. I would say the only true full spectrum is the Sun and not a crappy light bulb or an LED

16. Been studying/following led tech very closely since buying the R/B bull shit, and getting ripped off ~ 4 years ago buying a r/b ufo

WHITE LEDs rock, when the spectrums and intensity are chosen for cannabis.

However, some R/B (when properly applied) will enhance a WHITE led panel

See my grow thread

• Like Like x 1
  17. And on the 3rd day of February; I said, "let there be light!" #thankssara
    Still working on finding DG& Dank Waters happy PPM, they are growing like crazy, adding nutes every time I check the rez every 6 hours or so; they are pushing up the PH.
    The Auto is happy right now about 850 PPM, still have the damn spotting, no matter how much nutes and/or calmag? Looking good though, white hairs everywhere!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. #100 NorthernAutos, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1