Vets4MMJ first time grow Any and all input welcome

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by BlackFootBuds, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Here's a helpful chart
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420874547.602418.jpg

And here's a calcium def. example
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420874570.602619.jpg

2. From my experience, nute burn usually begins on the tips or outer edges of leaves. They'll look dry and crispy

3. #23 BlackFootBuds, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Cool, Ordered cal/mag a few days ago, should be here tomorrow or Monday.

4. Or... as hard as the city water is, maybe add a little until then>?

5. Yeah you could do that, put a jug out right now so the chlorine can evaporate :) I let my water sit for around 24hrs before using
    Stirring every couple hours^

6. #26 NorthernAutos, Jan 10, 2015
    I'm sure 12 hours would be ok, just stir it like a bitch as much as you can

7. #27 BlackFootBuds, Jan 10, 2015
    Cool cool, you're the man Automaticas DE Norte , Thanks brotha! What part of Cali you in? I'm in SD!

8. Haha glad I can help, And I'm really in Canada. Just put Cali there cause.. Yeah

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. And I'm on my first grow also, only about 2 months in...if you're on this forum kinda religiously you'll be amazed at what you'll know haha

10. Yeah I've become quite addicted. It keeps my mind busy and I get to be creative, loving this so far. What's the link to your grow bro?

11. Let's do it brotha! Murica!

12. Can't reveg it I don't think. It will pretty much start a short veg time then do its thing. I just read a bunch of stuff from a guy that's been running a crazy mother GDP plant and he seems to be pretty sure of that. Scrog em if you do it

13. About the 1 month mark for the two up front. Me and my buddy are thinking that I may have killed one of his BlackwaterXBluegum and the two we have is one of his and a Diamond OG from a sack I got at a disp.
    We came to this conclusion because well, they obviously look different; even more so in person. And smell different.
    The Sugar Black Rose Auto (small one in back is 2 weeks old today)
    Again they had a rough first 3 weeks of life before I was able to get a PH meter, and figure out Nute dose.
    They are showing some Cal/Mag deficiency, cal/mag should be here in a day or so.
    Here's some pics. I added a light from the Aerogarden and a 20" florescent designed for aquaria plants. I knkw the UFO is enough, but seem to be loving the white lights heat.
    Pics!

Attached Files:

14. Some root shots of the bigger 2. Need to name them.

Attached Files:

15. Thank god this was waiting in the mail!

Attached Files:

16. I'm jealous haha need to get some of that myself

17. Been doing some more research into the leaf damage. It may very well not be Cal/Mag Deficiency at all, apparently in my earnest attempt to keep the room clean I've been running a air cleaner that is considered an "Ozone Generator" the damage these things cause to the plants look an awful lot like what I got going on. I almost threw the thing down the hall... jk. But now I know! Say No to deionizing air purifiers!!!

18. Im subbed on this also. 

Im doing barneys critical kush right now, Ive also done tangerine dream before and even sugar black rose photo once also. The critical kush is big, gnarly and stinky. Its just a production work horse and I love it. Sugar black rose was nice, I wish I had cloned it and worked with it for awhile because it had a smell and flavor that was very unique. 

Anyway, I also doubt your problem is a cal/mg problem. Cal/mg is more of an issue with coco growers, due to how that medium react with it. For some reason its turned into kind of a voodoo fix all for everyone who wants to guess. 

19. Thanks donk, yeah I'm really leaning toward the ionizer being the problem, I'm using GH Maxi Series and it should have plenty of Ca/Mg. I hope I didn't fuck them up by giving them a dose last night. Is it possible to over nute with the CalMag? They weren't looking too hot this morning when I checked PH and went lights out.
    Thinking about flushing completely and just running water for a day or so. Adding the Ca/Mg last night pushed my PPM to never before seen heights. Biggest plant has about 340 ppm right now. The Auto about 130ppm. I'm thinking it's too much.
    I have a few hours til lights on, leave it? Flush? Too much Ca/Mg hurt them too much?