Any Lincoln experts here?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by }-MaDCoW-{, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Got an '06 navigator ultimate just bought it, worked great for test drive/drive home, really nice mint shape blah blah ;)

Went out first thing in the morning and it wouldn't start, everything lit up and turned over good and strong but wouldn't start. Tried it a few times but wouldn't go, went and grabbed the wife's set of keys and tried again, same shit, lights up turns over fine but won't start. Went inside, told the wife, took a piss and walked back over to the window and stared at the truck all pissed off.

Pulled the keys out of my pocket and pressed the remote start (factory installed I believe) and it fired right up. Went outside, put the keys in, turned it off and right away started it with the key and it started fine.

Now if it's sat for 2 hours or more it will not start with either key but starts fine with the remote starter, and starts fine with the keys after that.

Anybody know wth is wrong with this thing?

Sent from my Etcho-sketch

2. Does it have a kill switch in the trunk? Switch it off and on.

3. "Ive been drivin a Lincoln.....since.....long before anybody paid me to drive one.....
    I didnt do it to be coool....didnt do it to make a statement....I jus liked it...."

4. Didn't help...

5. Where's imthejoker4u?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Sounds like you got scammed. Get it repaired, show the people who sold you the car the bill, if they refuse to replace it cause equal damage in cost to their property. 

7. Here I am :laughing:

Lincolnsonline.com

These guys know EVERYTHING....
    They put me to shame - And thats saying something lol

Usually within a day or two someone will have n answer

The only thing I can think of is something aftermarket messing up... but IDK

8. Not to offend the car guys here, but why do people ask very car specific questions like this before going to the dedicated forums? When I had my S10, I lived on S10forums, now I have a mazda3, I'm on my local torontomazada3, and mazda3revolution. The guys who have the vehicle and have worked on them can tell you an insane amount of detail. Its pretty common, if you have a car problem someone else has already gone through it, possibly due to the age of the car -06 many people may have already had the same issue. 

9. IDK
    When I bought my Continental I had a strange electrical problem. I found that site and one of the resident experts suggested a quik tip that fixed the problem. I eventually bought my Townies because of that site.

10. Hey thanks for link I'll try there but I've been scouring the net and the only thing that's like it is a problem with the anti-theft but my anti-theft isn't staying on or blinking when the keys in so I'm assuming it's not that. Also I don't think there's anything after market on this truck, pretty sure the remote start comes standard from the factory with the ultimate package.
    Yeah I'm a member on f150 trucks since that's what I had before this and asked on there but everyone says my problem doesn't make any sense and to take it to a dealer so just thought I'd toss it up here before I let a dealer toss my salad ;)

11. Try LOL first.. Those guys really know their shit

12. Yeah I will

13. Interestingly this is what I expected the thread to be about and I was going to come in and troll with pictures of towncars. :yummy:

14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjfPQnGpIjY

15. My apologies for having to live in such an insufferable city as Toronto. I hope you don't cheer for the Leafs. 

16. Detroit red wings fan since Patrick Roy left the Montreal Canadians and went to Colorado

17. Ever get this squared away?

18. Yeah LOL didn't help but it turned out to be the built in fuel pump relay. Had a master Ford mechanic delete it and jump in a normal relay holder since the whole panel is pretty pricey. Thanks for trying to help man ;)

19. Ah.. Those intermittent electrical problems can be a real PITA to track down. Glad you got it sorted out :D

20. Thanks man! It was good, the master pretty much knew what to check right away after I explained the symptoms. Charged me like $250 all in.