Where will this world be on 20,000 years?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by CanIBeShaggy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. I'm not sure where the world will be 20,000 years but I hope re-incarnation or somesort of heaven exists, cause It would be so sickk to watch as the world unfold threw time,technology, nature, ect..  but if science is right I'll be in a box in the ground long and gone. 

2. I don't know if we'll be around. At this rate all animals will be extinct by 2200.

3. #63 s A t I v A, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    depends on the solar system, no?

edit: or mankind

4. Did you just watch Elysium? Lol

5. my crystal ball says 

[​IMG]

6. In 20,000 years this planet will be a husk. We have 7 billion on the planet barely able to manage that. The forecast is for double to sky is the limit. As the decades and centuries pass we will have endless wars over water, and resources. Eventually some war that decimates it all. Every square inch of land will be utlized for resources, food or water. The oceans will be milked dry of all farm-able fish.

7. There's a pretty big meteor heading for earth during 2036, so it might now even be a thing by then. Who knows.

8. Simpsons will still be on.

9. probably overrun with fucking trolls that think theyre cool

10. No. I used to be a time traveler. 

11. I can imagine it 'I can't believe it took me whole 10 minutes to get to the Saturn, this new Space Bender 1000 vehicle is a real piece of trash, it's like we back to the year 10000'

Also humans will meet all kinds of intelligent extraterrestrial alien life who have even less clue about the secrets of life than they do. After the magic of first contact is gone they will together wonder if they are alone in the universe.

12. evolved, without humans because i don't think humans can survive 20,000 years with so many countries owning nuclear bombs that can literally destroy the top layer of our entire earth and make it so uninhabitable to life for thousands of years. if humans wipe each other out with nukes, not sure if in 20k years life can rebound from the radiation and the pandemonium. but life will always go on but may need longer than that if this is the case

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

13. I like to think that eventually it will be a strange merger of technology/science and spirituality/religion, something like Dune or The Book of the New sun. Just in a future so far that what we see as the future with colonizing planets and stuff is ancient history to them.
    But that's what I like to think.
    I do believe though that humanity will last, sure we are being controlled by a small number of very evil people. But that will be overturned, natural law just doesn't allow it. Even ancient traditional stories and "myths" all give that general idea. I think it's just ingrained in humanity to survive and continue on.

14. 20,000 years into the future is a bit of an over kill. A thousand years into the future would make for more a interesting discussion.