Where will this world be on 20,000 years?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by CanIBeShaggy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. #1 CanIBeShaggy, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    As of now, pot is as bad as heroin, aliens don't exist, religion rules the world, and our technology is the strongest its EVER been.

In, let's say, 20,000 years from now, will tons of secrets be revealed, how strong will our technology be, will there be a government? Will religion exist? Will our world even be here??

This is, the philosophy section, so feel absolutely free to give me your, deepest therioes, on where man kind we be in the extremely distant future.. I wanna hear em!

2. I don't think that humans will be here in 20,000 years. Just fish, insects and plants.

3. Fire. Everything will be on fire.

4. Black mirror on netflix shows the world in about 10 years. Super trippy.. super good.

In 20,000 years more humans (if still a species) will be living on another planet or in space than on earth itself

5. Yea. I do believe its totally possible that we will wipe ourselves out by then..

6. Heh, religions don't rule the world.

7. I was exaggerating each point I said in the first paragraph.. But they do control, billions.. So..yeah, they kinda do man

8. hope we all die, I think humans might will die off

9. you're right even though world leaders are always religious men and the catholic church heavily influenced our current political/economic system.

10. money does

-yuri

11. And what's money?

I have a video in a thread in the politics section that talks about it. The economy. It's a little long, but it puts things in perspective.

12. what I meant to say, is the accumulation of wealth is the primary driving force of all movement in our civilization

-yuri

13.  Sadly.

14. 20,000 years is way too far away to even imagine.

My coolest guess would be a combination of biology and technology. I think you will be able to receive artifical replacements for every part of your body. we'll probably have a few technological implants installed near birth that prevent disease and maybe contain information and intelligence that can be stored instead of learned.

But all of this could be true in 100+ years. in 20,000, if we're still around, we'll probably be more android than human.

15. It's very scientific, I won't go into it right now. :smoking:

16. Aha ha ha. Made my day. :)

17. we'll all be sex slaves to beautiful women.   paradise...

18. Oh god oh god, I hope there will finally be VR waifus.

Glad you caught the reference. :)