how long to veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by turtle360, Jan 9, 2015.

1. So I've done some autos but have some "free" photo fem Cotton Candy seeds.

I've always had short dwarfy plants but the Photos I'm inclined to tie down some for the obvious reasons. My question is if I use as a barometer of when to flip the height of the plant so it doesn't get too unwieldy, how to you gauge size when the tallest branches are strapped down?

2. if you plan on growing in the same space as the auto, you will have to veg as long as the auto is alive

auto's don't require a light cycle change

plants will stretch 2-3x thier size at time of preflower

3. Never mind the auto. Say it's one photo. If it's tied down how do I sense when it's 1/3-1/2 it's desired total height?

4. Veg it 24/7 light for 3-4 weeks, then switch lights 12/12 to make it flower. You will see flowers around the 2nd week , possibly soon as the first.

5. Got it. And that's 3-4 weeks from germination?

That looks like a common number, about 4 weeks, but doesn't seem like an awful lot of time from seed to develop enough for people to lst and maybe two rounds of topping (which I won't be venturing this time around) with recovery periods in between and have that all out of the way before flowering unless it includes the weeks after the flip and before flowering sets in.

6. you want to veg 3 -4 weeks 2 weeks after it grows it's true set of leaves . I'd. Veg longer . The yield is worth it in the end