350w Single Plant CFL Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hihl, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hello everyone! Nice to hear from you all again.

I come back to upgrade that old thread i had and read to you a story of wonder and tragedy!

Once there was a family of 4 plants as green as green can be.

CFL range.jpg

As they paled around and they all grew up they started to mature
    Looking to further the course of their lives and move  on to greater things.
    Family.jpg
    They started to show sex! As the days went by and they grew closer and closer
    They started to emerge!
    TheFam.jpg
    There they were........3 males and 1 female. Seemed hardly fair!

Malefresh.jpg
    Crackmale.jpg
    Derpymale.jpg
    With a tear and a chop.....i made her 1
    250wGCFem.jpg

As she stood alone.....in a box so big wondering if her legacy would live on.
    At a mere 250w.......her owner began to think. With new equipment on the way, everything should be ok!
    But as the day came....that the tent arrived i made final measurements to realize.....it would not fit in its designated area....due to Failed construction in my building.
    Grow Tent.jpg
    Hot temps making life unbearable.....the female started to grow slowly without her fellow kind around!
    Temps.jpg

But do not fear the owner shouted for i have a plan little one! You shall live on!
    As the owner started to map out ideas and contemplate a new plan the light bulbs started to turn on one at at time
    With my new inline fan.......minus the tent.....plus the carbon filter and the insulated ducting....i can make this work!
    With some zip ties and some hanging hooks......pair of scissors and a drill i got to work!
    Getting rid of my old trashy inferior setup.
    Exhaust Fans.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    Scrubbers.jpg

Now in with the new!
    With a sweet new inline fan!
    350w Inline.jpg
    And of course a Carbon Filter for in the box :metal:
    Carbon Filter.jpg
    I added the insulated ducting and hung it with zip ties and hanging hooks
    Inline Ducting.jpg
    Now with more fresh air then ever, the temps finally started to come down.....after a whole life of 80-84 degrees she can have a break.....
    Temps stable around 79 degrees now she grows.........
    new temps.jpg
    Looking more beautiful then ever with her LST ive been doing
    Cloningidea2.jpg
    CloningIdea.jpg
    And the added touch.......switched it to 350w grow...to give her the best chance possible
    350W SingleP CFL.jpg

Thank you everyone that has believed  in me and my growing progress and learning.
    Thanks to anyone who subscribes to the new thread.

Happy Smoking and Happy Growing everyone!
    :bongin:

2. Awesome, I like this story. That plant looks like she's going to produce.

What are your plans from this point, any other changes? Bigger pot, screen O green?

3. Glad you got it all sorted bro! Im subbed up! :metal:

4. Subbed, get it on bro..

5. #5 hihl, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    My plans are to clone her, even tho people say it takes longer to root once they are in flower im ok with that, this is a Green Crack so i want to just clone it honestly but only once i dont want to make it a mother plant. Im moving on once im done with this strain i love it but i want to do do Auto's since i hvae the proper cooling now i can make it a 450w CFL grow and i can hold up to 3 plants in my box of this size.
    What are proper ratios of Dolomite in a 2gallon pot? I need to learn to stabilize my PH cause ive been having issues lately keeping my PH up.

And what is screen O green?

6. Just figured  id go ahead tonight and bump this up to a 400w CFL grow

400W CFL.jpg

Im going to get 2 bulb mounts to put on the floor of the box and put 2x 42w (true wats) 2700k bulbs and put them on the sides of the plant.
    Then it would boost it to a 480w plant. Interested to see how my plant reacts to all of this.

Fox Farm Happy Frog
    Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
    Botanicare Cal-Mag
    RO Water

7. Nice OP! Best opening post Ive seen in a while!

8. RO water? Thats really not necessary. Ditchwater would work just as well...honestly.

9. #9 hihl, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    i get it for 27c a gallon at Walmart  so why not? i get 7 gallons for 1.89 and it takes a while for 1 plant to use that lol also seeing as how my tap water is treated with stuff like Ozone. When i first started to grow my plants wouldnt grow cause i was using my tap water, like sprouts were  turning yellow and dying as soon as i stopped using my tap water i was able to germinate and grow seedlings. Even after sitting for 48hrs to get rid of any type of chlorine i guess i live where we get water form an aquifer so we have to treat it a special way to get rid of the sulfer and other hard minerals

Sounds good man, by screen O green I mean scrog.

What's the problem with your ph? I use 1 tbsp per gal of soil.

11. My problem is my ph lol, since using Mag-cal and Fox farm my PH levels have been hard to maintain near 6.5

I was asking if it's too low and by how much, might be good with an application of 1 tbsp lime per gal of soil but if it's really bad you can add more.

Nice seeds, good choice!

13. I was having issues with it dropping all the way down to around 4.5-5.0 when i would water with 7.5ph solution. Now i just have to water her with 8.5ph water  and it stabilizes around 6.3-6.6

14. Alright so i ran into a problem again, my timer failed me. Like my timer failed me to the tune of 5hrs. My hours are 12/12 well more like today its 17/7. Can this stress it enough to Hermi it?
    I really hope not and i believe in the resilience of plants but i would like some opinions on it. Thanks

I doubt it. If you were growing random bagseed and got all females, then you can bet that your seeds came from a self-pollinating hermie. Since you got 3/4 males I'd think that they're not genetically prone to hermaphrodism, and can take some stress without growing nanners. That's a generalization though, if that timer keeps fucking up then it will cause problems. That's my opinion anyway :bongin:

16. Alright so tonight was very bad and very tragic. One of my homemade CFL Fixtures my chain let loose, not sure how it happened but it did. Ripped 4 of my main colas right off the plant right at the base.......So i twined them all back together, and took my spray bottle, added LITERALLY 2 drops of Mag-Cal, 2 Drops of FF Big Bloom, and 1 TSP of honey and shook it extremely well until it was frothy, then liberally applied it to the middle of my plant where it broke, i hope i can bounce it back even if it does hermi, i still want to make this plant work.

Also im looking into my next grow already. Ive got 2 Seeds on their way from The Vault, and im wondering about my soil

Can i mix this

http://www.urbansunshine.com/pro-mix-bx

With Fox Farm happy frog?
    Cause during this grow ive been having some PH issues and i want to use the Pro-Mix cause it comes with dolo and other goodies, but i still want the nutes from the FoxFarm. Can you mix those 2 and use them together? Or would it be counter productive

17. So far so good, some wilting is going on, but none of the branches seem to be dying off, but it kinda sucks that using the Honey water/Nutes is attracting Ants into my grow box :/

Here is a picture of the rig i put together for her
    Spraying the water i made down inside that twine
    Broken.jpg
    had to wrap some twine around the bush itself to help hold my crutch down below on
    Krutch.jpg

BUTTTTTT my buds are coming along nicely

Buds.jpg

18. Hey man, just out of curiosity are the dimensions for that tent in your first post 30"x18"x36"? I'm thinking about buying a tent that size because it fits perfectly in my closet. Also is that a VenTech fan? Is it the 4" model? Hows it working out for you? Noisy?

Sorry to hear about your accident, I'm sure they'll recover.

I wouldn't add that to HF, doesn't need all that peat. The only thing I'd add to HF is perlite, kelp meal, and maybe some dolomite if you need it.