Is hemp wick a waste of time?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by KaptainSkunk, Jan 8, 2015.

1. I think hemp wick really depends on the individual smoker's preferences. For example if you're all about the taste and hate the flavour of butane then it would be worth it. But if you're just trying to get high and it all just tastes like smoke to you it wouldn't be worth it

2. you don't inhale all the lighter fluid lmao. To do that you'd have to drink the stuff. You burn most of it and only inhale a little bit of fumes.

sent from my igloo in Canada

3. its based on perspective, some people just cant wait a sec or 2, some can.
    I dont like not using hemp wick, but when this guy points out the empty lighters piled up that is pretty gross to think you took all that lol. It makes me want to use hemp wick that much more, im also saving lighter fluid, and i have gotten 150ft for 10$ i believe, and also is good for cornering if you want to.
    I also find i wont ever gag when i milk my piece with hemp wick, although i have it on high authority im a coughing bitch

4. I always use it for my bongs, seems more convenient then lighters plus I notice a taste difference.  I also prefer a small flame when lighting bowls so hempwick makes that easier for me.  Also don't need to constantly be flicking lighters which I have grown to like.

+1 for hempwick

5. #25 Deleted member 281310, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    honestly the other day i smoked out of a small cigarette pipe (the $3 ones) and i noticed how much i taste the butane and i do like hemp wick but it's such a hassle. the bigger the piece im smoking from the less i taste it but still i dont like the idea that ive inhaled all that butane over the years. so i'm considering switching to hemp wick.

definitely better

6. i started using it. no looking back. went to the smoke shop saw they had some you can wrap around your lighter i was so happy lol

7. #27 Mudoon, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    If you want to light without butane then use electric lighter or do solar hits

8. #28 Deleted member 281310, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    wth is a solar hit?

i hope you dont tell me to pull out a magnifying glass lol

9. pretty much...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep, pull out the magnifying glass. It's obviously situational and takes a bit of practice, but some people swear by it. It doesn't add anything to your smoke when you inhale, and the magnifying glass is a 1 time purchase.

11. I think its a waste of time because the health risks of having a half of a second of a bic lighter is gonna be basically nothing, and hemp wick alters the taste of the hit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boils down personal choice. I like the thick and extra thick but if i don't have it directly on hand I'll live. I prefer the taste over a lighter. The thinner wick burns too fast and doesn't handle much air movement.