Help me pick out a new car

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Ploxxies, Jan 8, 2015.

1. #1 Ploxxies, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Alright so I have about $5000-$6,000 I was looking to spend on a new ride. I just sold my old one from high school and I was looking for something more sporty, ya know?

for street cars I've been thinking of things like '00-'04 Mustang GT, or an RSX type S, but I've also considered offroading cars like a late 90's wrangler or a bigger truck (except I don't think I'll find one around my range).

I live on the beach in a super touristy area, so if yall have any suggestions on faster, cooler cars lmk.
    No civics or neons bruh.

only manual transmission please

2. Find one yet?

3. If you go with the off road, pick up a older 4x4 ranger or Toyota for like $2500, put the rest into it for some off road goodies and call it a day :bongin:
    I can talk trucks all day....
    Cars are so personal thu.... Its like asking what underware, or how you shave your balls... i donno.....
    I like to ride in style...
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4821065743.html

4. Get a civic or a neon.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

5. Not to offend but it doesn't sound like you know what you want. Some key factors could be: Insurance cost, fuel efficiency, power, weight, bodystyle. I can't help but feel you want to buy a car to impress other people, buy a car for yourself. For 5000$ you could get a 300zx, old supra, old rx7, toyo tacoma, s10, any older fullsize, datsun 280z, mazdaspeed 6, old corvette/camaro. Up here you could even get something newer like a Pontiac G6 gtp, which isn't all too much to look at but quick. 

6. Fox body mustang

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420682991.523742.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420683170.854073.jpg They are stupid fast and you could get a sick one for 5000

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dude go with the mustang and i'll add you to my friends list :)

9. Go with the Mustang I have owned a 76,79,84,89,97 and two 2003 one a hardtop and the other a vert. I am either going to get a 15 or a 14 hopefully by this summer just depends on how my house hunting goes.

10. #10 ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Mustangs are cool, and pretty bullet-proof, but I donno. Theres just SO MANY mustangs and camaro's out there.... And the cheap ones are always a V6... BOOOOOO
    (Same bullet-proof engine, more luxury Mark VIII)
    [​IMG]

(Same concept, but from GM (CTS-V)
    [​IMG]

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPCjYGzDIs

12. If you want a mustang get a mustang.

But if you are just looking for a "sports" car and don't know much about cars and just figured oh I'll get a mustang..then I suggest you do some more research of what you really want in car.

13. Had a 05 CTS and loooved it, murdered out all black er'tang. Fun to drive and looked nice... Wish I never had to sell it

Party at my house

14. What he said..
    I suggest old episodes of TopGear :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH6AgfCycwE

You need to be more specific about what you are looking for and what features you would like in your vehicle.
    By the sounds of it mustang, rsx;... you want a "race car" type of vehicle.
    If you are in the market for a rsx, may I also suggest subaru wrx sti, lancer evo, tsx, jetta, is300. 

16. Is300 is a great choice especially if you can find a manual.

17. New edge mustang, preferably a 04 since they make a bit more power and look a little better. They're reliable, sound good, and are relatively fast for their power output. They're a pain in the ass to drive in the rain though, lay off the gas in the turn until the car straightens out.

18. Where I live I've seen 3 manuals ever. They are all autos up here.

19. If you like em, 03-05 neon SRT4. My brother picked his up for $6300 (43k miles), has mopar stage 2 (around $1000 used) and beats on stock 2013 5.0's, those older fox bodies, new s5's and a 60mm 1jz supra

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420694031.060140.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420694049.131317.jpg

Found the last picture on Google and it's actually my smoke spot, me and my buddies after the car meets go down there. There's a bridge covered in lights and a big river haha

but those are some neons, how could you not love em

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum