Autoflower grow journal. 2nd grow doing great

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deeppurple99, Jan 7, 2015.

1. If these are autos, I am doing the right thing. 

However if I am wrong.... Ill need a bigger tent

2. Nice, I am going to try top booster myself this grow.

3. From what I read you should wait until flowers appear. I fear I added too soon, but I need to start flowering!

4. Yeah I just read what you linked, didn't know it was something you only do for a few days. I haven't added it yet, just plan on it when flowering

5. Going well so far bro I also have 2 big devil xl and starting them soon.. will be good to get a comparison :)

peace out - keep tokin

6. I had a autoflower take about 6 weeks to start flowering.

7. Hey guys. Update day 47

I switched the lights to 14-10dark on the breeder's suggestion about 6 days ago. He said once I start flowering, to increase light an hour a week (until 18-6 again)

The plant on the left has completely overgrown the shorter one. As you can see in these photos, it is under 2 feet from the top of the tent now. Getting nervous! Thus the light switch :(
    IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG

The good news is I think I am finally starting to flower. I am not sure. Here are some pics, what do you guys think??
    IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0248.JPG

8. I wouldn't recommend going back to veg light timing. get down to 12/12 and stay there for flowering til the end. anyone on gc will tell you this:)

9. for autos too?

10. yes for autos too bro - just wait for them to flower by themselves - 12/12 is a miracle for crystals. i promise you that

11. So I am seeing flowers form, on all the tops of the main branches!! :hello:   but the plants are still pseudo-vegging at the main colas, and left one is growing too all too fast.

My question is should I top the tall plant. It is already 5 ft tall? I've read it will produce more at the other colas (and solve my height problem) if I top it.

I have also read many posts saying not to do this as well.

What do you guys think in my situation?

I think i'm going to stay at 14-10 for the duration with the lights as nice pistils are forming now.

12. I have read that topping autos could stunt yeild as the plant will spend it's limited time healing rather than growing..... But in your case, it seems like you may have a photoperiod auto or just a long life monster???
    So maybe you can spend time topping and healing?
    I am curious what the pros will say as your already in flower and I don't think I have ever read about a plant topped after the plant is in flower.

13. Yea, that's what I was reading too, I was just wondering if in my situation they would recommend otherwise?
    These girls will easily go over 110 days, so time isn't an issue, but yield effect is!

I really wish i used your screen Idea, back when I had the chance.  I am going to build one for my next grow.

14. You could also start tying branches down.

How much hieght do you have left?

15. little over a foot and a half.
     It just keeps sprouting new nodes on the top still. It should be a flower by now

16. Fucking brutal, that sounds like you may need to smash a screen down now before the colas come up?

17. #38 deeppurple99, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Day 50
    We have top Flowers! IMG_0253.JPG

I measured and the top of the left plant is 16 inches from the top of the tent. (My light tube is 6 inches across, and I have a carbon filter/fan up there so no more room to lift the light)

I tied a piece of yarn loosely around the plant and attached it to the tent pole to try and bend the top a bit.[

Attached Files:

18. if it was me I would LST (tying branches down) keep all bud sights and overall lowers the canopy - im a noob and dont know a great deal.. but I know enough to get by! :)
    Peace out xD

19. Could you send me a photo or link on how to do this? Every time I try I snap the branches.
    I have just been trimming the branches w/ leaves covering the bud sites.