Getting back in the game, looking for input on lights for a 4x4 space

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by yomandude, Jan 7, 2015.

Hey Brada,

Not sure if you are subsrcibed to the Advanced Led Newsletter (I have a feeling you are ;)  )  But they just announced a XML 650 light!

It has 24x 10W white Crees and 16x clusters of LEDs.  Nothing on wattage though but If my math is right it should be around the 600W power draw

I am drooling all over my screen now!! I want one!!

And the special subscriber price is 1295$ still a lot, but very good if you consider that the XML350 is over 900$ :p haha

2. #22 yomandude, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    heres the image :)[​IMG]

3. #23 Brada Haole, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    That thing is huge!!!!! 

4. This is why LEDs piss me off! The technology is changing so rapidly that now I want this! Even then it takes a year or two to see what they are truly capable of so, before you even know what you've got, something else better comes along. I can rest assure that my mars 2 is at least "good enough" :)

5. Same here, but at the same time it's what i love about it. Unlike hps where every light is the same boring old bulb (or pretty much so) they always have new tech and studies to make better and better lights! Luckily were at a point in the technology where chinese and other manufacturers can make cheapper lights that are "good enough" which was not the case 5-6 years ago... :p

I want it do bad too.. loll

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. True, I cant wait for the technology to level off some though so I can get the best shit out there for a reasonable price and have it stay current for awhile. For OP though, waiting will benefit you as the longer you wait to upgrade the more you'll get for your money.

If you want to see my Mars2 in action I just put up some pics here. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/730193-no-time-journal-update-here-any-skill-level-welcome.html/page-566#entry21202319

7. yeah technology moves at a very rapid pace. you should give these things a try bra you see results with in weeks. I hope you get the chance to try it. i have a mars 2, Its only good enough until you try an advanced light. I hope you get a look see one day soon.

8. Are you using one?

9. I had to shut my room down I had two xml 350s and i just bought an xte 300 when I had to shut down. the xmls i can say are amazing I used them for a few grows. the xte i did not get to see how it performed. I stopped using the mars when i found the kind and i stopped using the kind when i found advanced. I only tried advanced because they had a money back guarantee and my hydro store guy said they worked.

10. Nice. Were you using the 1600w mars2? What kind of improvements did you see with the xml350? Any better quality or was it all quantity? How big do 10w diode buds get?

11. Just ordered my 4x4x6.5 tent and 600w hps!
    6" phresh carbon filter w/fan and remote.
    Hoping to do a 4 plant scrog. Or any ideas for best quality along with yield?! Temps aren't a problem.
    24"X17" air cooled reflector hood
    Ordered 5 white widow beans and 5 crown royale beans. Some others came free!
    Going the Fox Farm soil route this grow with the tri nutes. Will also have 2 clones that are a purple gogi og x stardawg cross from a buddy of mine! All of my supplies are currently being shipped. Will start a thread when it all comes in!

Help. I'm dabbed out and I can't get up. ⛽️🔥😈😷

Sweet! :)

Did you buy an Ebay kit with the tent light a fan?

If you have lots of time, you can go with a scrog or LST, supercropping, etc... They are all good techniques to increase the yield. I don't think they make much difference on quality though.

If you just want to get a quick harvest go with a SoG with all your beans! :p

I liked the SCRoG best, it was fun and pretty simple, kind of like a lazy man's LST :)

13. are you a microbe user?

14. I'm going to probably do a three or 4 plant scrog. Lst to the scrog net to keep the canopy even. Did a small 4 plant cfl grow 5 or 6 months ago. Fell in love lol. Kinda hard in some states😉

Other than that. I ordered from eBay. All separate.

Beans from Canada. Crop king seeds I believe. Any word of this place? Probably should have just money grammed attitude or something

15. Subd up btw! Looking forward to your grow! I'll be around to let you know when I start my grow and thread if you'd like to tag along!

16. Not sure if this was to me. If so I'm not sure what you're talking about!

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421813143.948364.jpg
    Also, this is Remi! My 2&1/2 year old Lab/Great Dane. Rescue dog. Absolutely the best demeanor'd dog anybody has ever seen. He's a head turner for sure! Pic doesn't do justice. Around 115 lbs and 6ft ok his hind legs!

Microbe? as in organic soil? or Myke?

... I'm confused  :p

Yeah if you have enough patience  Scrog and LST can really pay off! My first grow was a SCRoG with CFLs, fell in love also and bought a 200W SolarFlare LED :)

Yeah... not exactly easy in Canada either... :p got busted by the landlord or landlady (really not sure if it`s a man or woman... hahah) but all I got was a get rid of that because of the insurance.

So I'm starting a bigger grow somewhere else with a friend.

I always use Attitude for my beans, great service and freebies!! the package got intercepted a couple of times by the border agency and they still resent them until I got them. But I think it;s a bit more complicated ordering from the states?