1st bagseed 2015

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Killabudz402, Jan 7, 2015.

1. White stuff was nute splash. Has been cleaned off now! New pics in a few hours!

2. I think I have a sick one? Any ideas??

Attached Files:

3. It could be a calcium deficiency but I doubt it. Do you have a pH meter? If not, its okay.. Have you began feeding them anything so far? If not, that's fine too. They probably have everything they need at least for the first month.

Best thing to do, water once a week and leave em. They'll keep growing and if they truly have a deficiency, you will surely be able to identify it as it will be more prevalent once the plants grow a bit larger.

Sometimes we do more damage trying to quickly correct something. If you look at the very top, newest growth, its nice and green. No spots. That's what you want to pay attention to.

The leaves curling could indicate they need less water. I'm not the foremost expert on soil growing. If you look up "Thomas Jefferson's veranda" in the organic section, he's a very informative soil only grower that I would highly recommend any newer soil grower point their questions toward. He is VERY thorough.

4. #24 Killabudz402, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks Milk!

I am feeding it Big Blokm currently from ff. Currently I'm on maybe a pint every other day or so. I usually water when soil is dry 2 inches down. I figure it dries out quicker due to my mix is probably 50% soil an 30% coco an 20 percent perlite.. i did purchase Calmag today as I noticed some of the sports getting lighter. Idk if it should be Dark green or light green lol.

- I will do another update tonight as I have done LST to a second plant!

5. Hey man great start to your first indoor grow, i use lots of those 23w 100w equivalent cfls an they work.

6. My experience is the foxfarm soil can hold a plant all through veg nuteless. Plenty of goods in the soil. I would not be adding nutes yet.

I have used the Fox farm dirt and the roots organic coco fiber based. Both mediums hold plants well through veg.

Ex.
    Diesel almost 5 weeks in bloom after 2 month veg. No nutes

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Also I would introduce a dark cycle... 20-4 or 18-6
    I use 16-8

Autos 20-4

8. Yea I've been thinking if I want to introduce a dark period. I see people going either way so I've still been on the fence. I may introduce one tomorrow at the 3 week mark!

9. Absolutely man good luck with everything .... I believe the dark helps with a strong root system wich leads to bigger stalks and branching for supporting weight !

10. You can use a dark period but it isn't necessarily needed..

"Plants have several versions of photosynthesis. Cannabis is considered a "C-3" plant. These plants do not absorb or store CO2 during the dark period. "C-4" plants, mostly grasses, and "CAM" plants, mostly cactus and succulents, save CO2 during the dark. This is why CO2 supplementation is so important in enclosed cannabis gardens. There are about 380 parts per million (ppm) CO2 in the atmosphere. In a garden with no ventilation this is used up quickly. Once the amount of CO2 goes down to 200 ppm, photosynthesis stops until the CO2 is replenished."

This can be found here..
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?59398-C3-plants-and-the-24-0-method-and-why

The actual study with numbers was done by ed rosenthal.

11. Well it's update time!! Whatever was happening to the plant I thought was sick, looks to be better now on new growth! Still feeding big bloom at full amount and Calmag at like half now. Plants are all 24 days old! Starting tiger bloom during tomorrow's feeding.. Few pics. More to come!!

Attached Files:

12. Looks great, nice and healthy. Sometimes they look funny at first.. More often than not, they grow out of it. I liken it to how a newborn baby will have a misshaped head when they are first born lol

13. Haha what a good reference Milk!

- Here is a group shot I took while upgrading an raising the lights. Thinking of going flower at 30 days. I want to get some real seeds going!

Attached Files:

14. 30 days as of today! Inducing flower. Hope their not too small..

I lost track of this journal. I just found it again. I have een running my girl under 24/0 since seed and she is flying right along. I was going to try 18/6 but I got too lazy to program my digital power strip. From what I have read, the feelings on this are mixed. Some say it makes no difference, some say it does. All I know is my plant has grown and a crazy speed and I was running 24/0 so I dont know if that helped but I aint stopping.

Did you get any pre-flower pistils? Still unknown if any are male? 

17. looks great dude

18. #38 tallglassesofmilk, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    30 days veg, you'll probably pull an oz or so per plant. Once you get to like 60+ days veg is when you'll get 3-4 or more per plant. Just an observation, its all dependant on the strain. :)

19. Yea I ended up going 18:6 for about 10 days in veg an noticed somewhat of an increase in growth, it may have only been due to them hitting a stretch period!

20. Today is the second full day of the 12/12 photoperiod! As of now, no balls or pistils.. I should be seeing something within a week or so.
    I appreciate it! Lights just came in so il get some newer pics.