1st bagseed 2015

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Killabudz402, Jan 7, 2015.

1. #1 Killabudz402, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Hey all. I'm doing my first indoor grow this year and I'm starting out as CFL! Haven't decided if in going HPS for flower as I would like to stay CFL throughout the grow. I have 4 bagseed plants right now. This is my second grow, my first was an outdoor grow completely by luck. So this is new for me. I've read everything possible but it's been some time...

- my plants are about 10 days old from seed right now. I'm at work so I thought I would start my journal while I kill time. I will post pics up when I get off!

- setup currently is 4 - 100 watt CFL
    - soil is fox farm Ocean forest potting soil mixed with perlite.

2. So these are my babies! There are 2 pics of each plant, they go in order! New growth can look purple at times, any cause of this?

Attached Files:

3. I said 2 of each but I only took one good one of the last smallest. The last 2 plants were planted a day after the first 2.

Attached Files:

4. Day 10 group shot!

Attached Files:

5. Transplanted the girls into their final homes! Pictures to come in the morning to make sure they survived!

6. They are loving their new home! Group shot an a few of the oldest 2! The first is a group shot prior to transplant 24 hours ago image.jpg .. Sorry my phone turns the pics?

Attached Files:

7. Introduced nutes today. Using fox farm trio. over a 12 hour period the plants seemed to love it. Started LST on one of the plants. Will be 14 days old in 20 hours!!

8. 2 week beauties right there. They are looking nice and green. I am using CFLs as well and my girl got really bushy and green. I bought some Mars Hydro lights that will be here tomorrow but man, I am blown away by the CFLs. They did a lot better than I expected. I kind of want to see what I can do with CFLs from seed to harvest so I might try doing a strictly CFL grow some day. Are you sticking with CFLs for sure? I will sub so I can follow your progress. Is this your first grow ever, or just your first of the year? Good luck with them man!

9. Thanks!!

This is pretty much my first legit grow ever. I had ine plant outdoor maybe 4 years ago as kinda an experiment. It finished but wasent the best quality. So this will pretty much be my first. Due to space limitations I may flower with CFL as well. I will decide when that time comes I guess lol. Adding more CFL tomorrow as I just got my 4 way splitter.
    Here is the first plant that was LST'd 12 hours ago..

Attached Files:

10. Same with me. My journal in progress right now is my first real grow. Back in '99 I had a ghetto grow going in my closet with a few six footers but I had no idea what I was doing. But now with the abundance of information thanks to the Internet I'm taking it more seriously. Definitely still a noob though. I was pleasantly surprised how well my plant is doing with CFLs too. No topping huh? I see you're just going straight LST. Are you gonna zig zag her or go for the spiral effect? Plan on scrogging?

11. I plan to just run the rim of the pot. Not gonna let them get too big.. Hopefully lol..

- I do have a question!! I'm running 24/7 in lighting right now. Is it any beneficial to run18/6? Or should I stick to 24/7??

12. Well I guess it's time for a mini update. Not much has changed in the past 2 days. They celebrated their 2 week birthday yesterday an got another feeding last night...I guess I will keep them at 24/7 until I hear otherwise! Couple pics for you all!

image.jpg
    -The one on the right is the only one with LST so far

Attached Files:

13. #13 Killabudz402, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    Day 16!

Veg has been good to my knowledge. Hope they start growing a little bit faster but they do seem big for 16 days old. Couple picks to show size an branching.

Attached Files:

14. Be careful though when you say 4 - 100w cfl is that actual or equivalent wattage? The small 100w you buy from the store are actually only 26w or 32w i cant remember. But i made the same mistake not using enough lighting, and mine vegged unbelievable but my yield was only 25g dried from 1 plant and i was disappointed.

Consider that

15. Hmm yea your right. I mean I guess I wouldn't b too upset from an O a plant. That at least my money back for this grow. But I have looked into LED. I appreciate your input. Do you have a journal to that grow?

16. How many lights where you using??

was using 4 CFLs i dont have a journal for that grow but i started a new one with royal queen northern light auto-fem.only doing 1 plant at a time with 7 42w cfls (150w equivalent) at around 300w total i believe,  with room for more when the plant is bigger. Also this time instead of miracle grow im using fox farm ocean forest with fox farm nutrients. The seed is still germinating but the journal is live heres a link.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1352247-northern-lights-auto-fem-journal.html?hl=northern+lights#entry21191189

18. lookin good! im starting a bagseed grow also. gonna start posting when i have something to show.

19. #19 Killabudz402, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    [quote name="Ebcrew" post="21192984" timestamp="1421229364"]
    was using 4 CFLs i dont have a journal for that grow but i started a new one with royal queen northern light auto-fem.only doing 1 plant at a time with 7 42w cfls (150w equivalent) at around 300w total i believe, with room for more when the plant is bigger. Also this time instead of miracle grow im using fox farm ocean forest with fox farm nutrients. The seed is still germinating but the journal is live heres a link.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1352247-northern-lights-auto-fem-journal.html?hl=northern+lights#entry21191189[/quote][quote name="Ebcrew" post="21192984" timestamp="1421229364"]
    was using 4 CFLs i dont have a journal for that grow but i started a new one with royal queen northern light auto-fem.only doing 1 plant

Ah I understand that. Miracle grow was also a huge factor as well. I'm using for farm nutes at the moment but may think about switching! I will sub you tour log so I can watch man!!

20. One of the earlier pics had some white stuff on a leaf... Was it nute splash or is it PM. keep an eye

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app