Cat took bath in wax melter

Discussion in 'Pets' started by hype4theholiday, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Yesterday I picked up my 6 mo old kitten and felt something odd in his fur. Long story short, the ladybug he was chasing led him right by my brand new wax melter and he decided to take a dip. If anyone ever needs to know how to de-wax a cat, do NOT wash it. Won't work, I tried. No matter how much soap you use. Do NOT try to comb it out, it will pull at the little guys skin. I might have tried that. But DO take your electric razor, turn it on while the cat isn't in the room, get someone wearing long sleeves and thick clothing to bring the cat in and shave that shit off. My cat is sporting the half shaved look. This is why I trained him to wear cat clothes. Don't want him to get chilly ;)

2. Good story!  I have no idea what a "wax melter" is, but if I ever get one, I'll be sure to make it cat-proof.   :smoke:

3. Shoulda just left the cat alone and eventually the wax would come out when the cat sheds its fur/skin

-yuri

4. it would have been dangerous to leave it on. He would have tried to groom it off and the amount that was on him would clog up his insides.

5. haha like a wax burner thing you either have a candle under the wax bars or its electric and it heats up scented wax. Same idea as a scented candle, just no dripping wax! It's all contained in the dish above either the eletric warmer or the candle

6. Can also be used to hot wax the pussy.

7. #7 yurigadaisukida, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    this could be true.

Im no vet. I just like to think animals are smarter than we give them credit for.

Then again, my Mexican gardener once told me that in his country people put out waste food with broken glass so dogs will eat it and die. Then they eat the dog.

That's how poor they are down there... and apperently how dumb dogs are

-yuri

8. Oh :/ that's terrible.

9. yes. Humans are fucked up.

-yuri