Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strain for adhd, depression, anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by anj23, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Hey guys new to the site. I have been searching all over the site but havent found the answers i quite needed.

I have anxiety, depression and adhd. I read good things n bad about Sour diesel. Anyone try that for adhd? I want to try it. But not sure when a good time would be to smoke it. Should i do it the night before, or the morning of school?

Do you guys have any advice for a good strain?

Thanks in advance

2. In my experience weed makes adhd way worse. It can calm you down, but focus and motivation is killed.

3. Blue dream for depression

4. Hey anj...Cannabis is a great ADHD med. It totally knocks the socks off the pharma drugs. I was diagnosed a few years ago. I'm 65. It took me a long, long time and a lot of experimenting to figure out what works for me but I replaced my Adderall, Welbutrin, and a sleep drug with cannabis. I'm a very busy person and I don't like to sit on my hands. If I want to get stoned and either sit or just get high I can do that but that's not the primary effect I'm after. I want 2 things;
    1) A day time med that doesn't knock me out, doesn't make me woozy, keeps me focused, clear headed, and up beat.
    2) A night time med, I call them my night caps, so I can sleep. We ADD'ers have a terrible time w it as you know.
    As far as motivation,

it's depends on the strain you choose and why you're using it. Any old strain won't work unless you get lucky. And more often than not someone else's idea of the "perfect strain" won't work for you either. You need to get specific about what works for you.
    Learn to make coconut oil caps and Gold Dragon tinctures. They are must haves to replace the meds
    H

5. ADHD solved by satori

6. I have bad anxiety issues and I can say that MK-Ultra makes me extremely calm and relaxed. My favorite strain at the moment.

7. Amount to use is up to tolerance, but I always say blue dream has helped my anxiety issues for years and I'm still clear headed, and focused.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Please support clinical trials of various strains of cannabis and their extracts to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) at http://www.cannabisforadhd.org. This project aims to fund randomized double-blind placebo-controlled crossover (AKA "Blue Ribbon") studies of the efficacy of various strains of cannabis and cannabis extracts to treat ADHD. 

Studies of this calibre transcend borders. They are the real undeniable evidence used by federal and state governments around the world to determine which conditions are allowed to legally access and use medicinal cannabis through legal medicinal cannabis programs.

Many leading experts from both research and medicine now believe that the primary cannabinoid Tetrahydocannabinol (THC) in conjunction with other medicines found in cannabis causes improvements to focused attention in ADHD sufferers through the neuromodulatory process known as “retrograde inhibition”.

This is the same process used by the stimulant medicines currently prescribed extensively for ADHD (such as Methylphenidate and Dexamphetamine) where the neurotransmitter GABA is inhibited, thereby increasing Dopamine in the brain, which results in ADHD sufferers being able to concentrate.

Many patients including myself have experienced fantastic benefits from the currently prescribed stimulant medications. However, these can also have unacceptable side effects which can cause patients to also require antidepressants in order to fell well, or which may cause patients to abandon the pharmaceuticals completely in favor of an unmedicated state or self-medication using cannabis.

It is widely believed by many well informed researchers and medical practitioners around the world that cannabis has an almost benign side-effects profile, despite much research to the contrary which is now believed by many to be unscientific, hysteria-based propaganda funded by (at the very least) misguided funding-bodies and governments over many decades.

Please visit the campaign page for more about all of the points mentioned here. There you can also read quotes from several leading experts in this field including researchers Prof. Raphael Mechoulam and psychiatrist Prof. Lester Grinspoon, as well as medical doctors David Bearman and psychiatrist Julie Holland.

Those ADHD sufferers for whom the available legal medications have failed are currently being denied their basic human right to happy, healthy lives by doctors and governments claiming that insufficient evidence exists to allow them to use cannabis instead. The primary objective of this project is to give the people with the power all the evidence they need to do the right thing.

The only way for most ADHD sufferers for whom the currently available medicines have failed to legally access cannabis as a medicine is for a definitive strictly controlled study of safety and efficacy to be done which illustrates a statistically significant correlation between the use of cannabis and a reduction in ADHD symptoms, while also observing and assessing any side-effects.

If the study results suggest that cannabis has no efficacy for ADHD or is significantly dangerous then at least everyone currently using it for ADHD could move on with their lives and try to find another solution, knowing that the thing they have found works for them has already been clinically tested and shown to be either ineffective and/or unsafe.

Public awareness and support for this cause is growing, and debate about this issue is currently thriving across social networks on at least three continents due to the promotion of this crowd-funding camaign for the study.

Please like the FaceBook page at http://www.facebook.com/clinicaltrialsforADHD, and please consider donating whatever you can afford to the Indiegogo page at http://www.cannabisforADHD.org as this is an important cause that effects up to 15% of the world's population who suffer from ADHD, and together we can make a difference!

9. Nice job CBD!! Very interesting stuff. The world is catching up to what many of us have learned thru decades of experience. 4 1/2 decades for me :smoking: Cannabis works extremely well for ADHD and the "co-morbids" that go with it. FAR better than the pharma drugs. After I'd studied the effects of cannabis on ADHD it was one of those "you gotta be shittin me!!" moments when I learned how much better it is for you than that crap the pharmas are pushing. And much more effective. Dr. Claudia Jenson was one smart cookie. Too bad we lost her so soon.
    The negative side effects of using cannabis are the laws against it and the psychological damage inflicted by the propaganda (fear and lies) around it, not the actual use of it! Isn't that interesting.... :confused_2:
    Really good info, thanks again
    H

10. OG kush works amazingly for my ADHD. Look it up on leafly. When I first tried og kush, I finally believed marijuana was medicinal. Use to think it was an excuse to promote legalization. Try it out. B)

11. I suffer from depression and anxiety. Most days I'm not motivated to do much. I'm tired of feeling tired. Is there a strain or two that would be beneficial to me. I am looking into growing my own indoors.

Hi Sade, do you want cannabis to be a legal medicine for ADHD sooner rather than later? If so, then can you please support the campaign for clinical trials? If we get study results that show we are right, then we can live normal lives. I personally feel like a hunted animal living as a self-medicating ADHD patient under prohibition. Even if you could give $1 it would show support. Only 3 people have donated so far so it looks to everyone that nobody gives a shit about this, even those who suffer because their ADHD meds are illegal. If the whole $1.5 million isn't raised in 30 days then your money will be refunded, but if it is then we will change the world for the better! Please help! http://www.cannabisforadhd.org

Hi Harley Jane, thanks for your praise... hopefully this will make an impact. Do you want cannabis to be a legal medicine for ADHD sooner rather than later? If so, then can you please support the campaign for clinical trials? If we get study results that show we are right, then we can live normal lives. I personally feel like a hunted animal living as a self-medicating ADHD patient under prohibition. Even if you could give $1 it would show support. Only 3 people have donated so far so it looks to everyone that nobody gives a shit about this, even those who suffer because their ADHD meds are illegal. If the whole $1.5 million isn't raised in 30 days then your money will be refunded, but if it is then we will change the world for the better! Please help! http://www.cannabisforadhd.org

14. Blueberry blue dream pineapples cheese kush coughs etc