Would you trade this reality for a perfect one?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by bongs4days, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Would you? You'd have to be eternally separated from every meaningful connection you've ever had with another person. Would it be worth it? You'd never have to suffer for the rest of your life, but it would mean giving up reality as you know it. Serious stuff to think about :smoking:

2. Yeah dude. Simply for the experience of altering reality in such a radical way as making it completely perfect. As long as I can die whenever I so wish and end it when it gets too boring, sounds pretty good.

3. No, you need misery and suffering to appreciate pleasure and joy.

Then again if you're life is already hell on Earth, you have nothing to lose.

4. I would usually say yes, for the experience and such.. But if I had to break every meaningful relationship/connection, and I couldn't go back? Then no, I don't think it would be worth the risk.

5. Tough question, though I'm pretty sure I'd say no, and keep the life I have. Of course, this is the only life I've known, so I'm obviously a bit biased. There are years of my life you couldn't pay me any amount to repeat, but I've been lucky enough to have some amazing experiences over the years. No, not all of these experiences were perfect, but they still were experience. A piece of the puzzle of life. Memories to cherish, even when life gets rough. I used to dream of a whitewashed reality as a kid, but now, it just wouldn't be right even if it was possible. It may sound strange, but there's more to life than your own pleasure. Like MD said, negative experiences alter your view of positive experiences.

Again, I'm naturally a bit biased because this is all I know. But to answer your question, no.

6. Blessed enough that i would not even think of trading this for anything.

7. No absolutely not, though I've had some hard times. My family means everything to me. I'll take the pain of life over perfection as long as I have my loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Reality is but a thought on the front porch of your mind. It isn't concrete or real but a facade made by those controlling you. The matrix explains it all. Do you take the blue pill... Live the life you're living now. Or take the red one and see the real side or reality...

Comfortably Dumb

9. If a perfect reality is me getting my dick sucked on a beach by Daniel Fishel for an eternity while drinking scotch and smoking weed then yes I'll take that please.

10. This is the perfect reality. You are missing out on it.

11. Without hesitation.

12. sure whatever I don't care I'm a nihilist

13. lol quit being so depressed

14. Yes. Simple as that for me.

15. Yeah why not tho its worth the chance for me to see if something else is better. Nothing to lose here that sounds like a favor

16. Hell yes dudes get me the fuck out of here!