Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you decarb weed in a Vegetable Glycerine solution?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sequitur, Jan 5, 2015.

1. I have a 10 gram batch of vegetable glycerine tincture I'm making but I didn't decarb the weed first and I'm worried that it won't get me high when its done.

2. your suppose to decarb the weed first, but now that its already in the VG you can still decarb it, but will take alot more time, put it in a suace pan on the stove and stir it on low heat for 12-24 hours that should activate most of the thc i would hope

3. You could always strain the weed from the VG,then depending on how efficient you were,you would be left with some moist ish weed that you could then attempt to decarb,then add back to the tincture. But i think Charlie's suggestion is better. =)

4. the best way to do this is a long soak with no heat. after its sat for a couple weeks you strain it out and then decarb the VG mixture with no plant matter in it. Thats the best way to do it without getting any burnt/planty taste.

5. Using that logic,couldn't you decarb any finished product afterwards if you forgot?