What do you wish you had done with your dog before he passed away?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Reveille, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hey guys, this is kinda a sadder thread and I'd like to first start out by asking that you be respectful.  My Golden Retriever just turned 13 y/o in last December and I don't know how time left I will have with him before his age comes too much.  I already lost my 6 y/o female Golden last summer due to cancer, (first experience with losing a close family member to cancer).  

I've had this guy for a very long time, and he has been my number one pal ever since.  I am in college now which pulls me from home for a lot of the year so I don't see him nearly as much as I would like.

What are some things you guys wished or wanted to do before you lost your pet?  I want to make sure I make every memory last.

2. Long ago I had an asian wolf as a pet. He was a great companion, though difficult to keep because of aggressiveness. I do have a lot o great stories about him, but he was out down by the city of Los Angeles because he wasn't a domesticated dog. I wish I would of let him go in the mountains where he would of lived the last portion of his years naturally (he would be well adept in the mountains).

He was about 15 years when he was put down.

3. I wish I would have spread more peanut butter on my penis...

....ok sorry, you were asking for respect. I wish I would have played more frisbee with my dog.

4. My oldest cat who would be 15 this year just was put down yesterday. I know this has to do with dogs but I wish I would have sat with him more and just held him. Should at least reference the dog my picture symbolizes who died a few years back, and I wish the same for him.

5. I wish my dog and I could have had my ex-wife over for dinner.... I do mean, had her for dinner.... My dog would have liked that....

6. Outdoor activities. Walking, playing...whatever made him happy.

7. Went with him to get euthanized. I probably could've got that day off, too maybe. I would've never put him in that fucking kennel carrier thing, either. 

8. Taken more pictures and videos for sure. 

9. fucking government...

-yuri

10. We just lost our golden on Thursday unexpectedly she passed in her sleep at the age of 10. She was a amazing friend and very good with my young daughter. Whatever you do just make you time count that's the most important thing even when they are being a pain in the ass enjoy it because they can suddenly be gone.
    RIP my fat dog!
    [​IMG]

11. Lost my first best friend earlier this year in January. Still hurts, honestly. She was my baby. Had her since I was like 5, and I'll be 20 this year. Honestly my biggest regrets were tugging her around maybe a bit too hard on the leash when she was out going to the bathroom (she was a small terrier so my strength sometimes got the better of me). She also would literally choke herself to compulsively eat cat shit. We fed her extremely well and babied her quite a bit, but for a few good years she really chowed down on it like it's a goddamn delicacy. In fact, sometimes she would feign needing to piss/shit, just to look for some chocolate goodies in the yard.

She was an angel to us, though, and she really helped me through some very rough/fucked up times. I cried into her many a time. And when I was a younger, more rambunctious little shit-she always put up with me and never really bit me or anything. I miss her. A lot. I miss playing with her. Her last few years were pretty damn lazy and lethargic. It was pretty hard to watch her turn into a lifeless being. She was diagnosed with diabetes and went completely blind before her death.

But yea. Sorry. Don't really talk to a whole lot of people about 'er. Love her to death and miss her everyday. Wish I could have another friend like that, but the folks are done for a bit. R.I.P Molly.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Take him for one more drive. He loved riding with the window down. Miss that ol boy, passed away at the age of 15. Was there pretty much my whole childhood, good ass dog he was.

Attached Files: