Need a new pen for oil

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by fishbro, Jan 3, 2015.

1. indeed a mech mod would be the best thing but the issue with that. is if you have a RDA that has a deep well the shatter might not even reach the coils. you have to build the coils so they stay on the ground of the well.

2. Mcig 3.0 maybe? Mcig.org

3. i had the first and the 3nd mcigs. nd they were shitty af. the mcig 3.0 is $100 now not $10 so idk wtf there thinking they jumped the market to 10x the price of there last market which is stupid af if u ask me.

4. That is for dry herb mainly. oil dont work as good in that. Shit works good for actually vaping herb though. No combustion good extraction. 👍

I honesty can't believe the recommendations on here lol most of them really do suck in the efficiency department.

If you want a good pen that delivery's consistently without burn up your stuff super fast or tasting like shit after 3 hits you want an omicron or persei. The Ophos is also a good reliable pen.
    You also wanna stay away from fiber wicks IMO because after a while they taste like shit.
    Pancake skillets work but they burn up your shit way too fast IMO.
    I use the kiss carts for omicron and persei and I love em.

On a side note there's a new 510 pen attachment that has come out recently called the source orb.
    (I haven't tryed one yet) but from what I've read on it it seems like it might beat my omicron.
    Here's why.

They have an new atomizer called the "Terra" it has no wicks and no coils but features an all ceramic heating element that is placed at the bottom of the cup! This means what ever you put in there actually completely vapes off and you won't have extra oil/wax pudding at the bottom of your atomizers cup.

It also is suppose to give you a pure tasty hit from first to last since there is no coil burning your concentrates.
    Thus making it much more efficient and making a pee size dab last 15/20 hits.

I'll be picking one up soon I'll let u know my thoughts....

5. The mcig 3.0 is the same as a cloud v phantom. And a cloud v phantom is a rebranded imag. Lol They are not good for oil but it is an excellent portable herb vape. Better and easier to clean than the pax IMO. Plus it has replaceable battery's.

6. OSS entered the farm carrying a 50 gallon barrell of oil. Farmer john asked him where he got it from. OSS told him he stole it off the exxon valdez. Then farmer john asked OSS what he was gonna do with it. OSS informed him that he was gonna dump it in the pig pen.

"We will need a new pen for oil" replied farmer john.

Hahahahahaha now that right there is funny i don't care who ya are.

7. u are my hero. ahahahaha wtf did i just read. ur like border line troll nd i love it.

I hope I'm as badass as you when I get to be old. I can hardly wait. :smoke:  And yes that was some funny shit especially on top of this thread.

9. Thanks. Glad I entertained somebody :)

10. Thanks :) And I'm not borderline troll. I am 100% bonafide troll. I have the warning points to prove it lol.

11. From my experience it doesnt even matter most of the time. When you use a basic single or dual micro coil set up wrapped around silica or hollow eko wool after you primed it with juice. After you do that and put your dab on top, most of the dab will hit you in that first hit like how a regular dab would on a nail. Some of it will melt into the eko wool/silica wick but most of the dab will be hit on that first hit.

Ive been smoking this way for a while, while also experimenting with other ways in my other RDA's. I have 3 RDA's total right now. 1 for e-juice, 1 for experimenting with coils with only wax and no e juice, and another which is my main that i use e-juice to prime and wax on top. The fatter the dab I put the harder the hit. Most of it will be hit at that first hit. My throat would be on fire for a long time if I put a huge dab on it. The bigger the dab though, the longer itll keep hitting. You can put some more non nicotine e-juice on there and you will get a couple more hits from priming the coil since the wick will get dried out.

Also if you are worried about the wax falling to the base what you should do is just fold your eko wool/silica wick below your coils and have it sandwhiched between your coil/base of the RDA that way you still get stuff that cakes up on the bottom. I only use a single coil build so anything that drips to the base I can scoop back up after letting it sit for a while. I use as little juice as possible so it doesnt mix with the wax that drips down to the base or any of the reclaim. I use a pure VG liquid as it sticks better than a 70 PG 30 VG mix so you need a very small amount to keep the coils from getting too hot.

12. #32 showbe345, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

http://www.sourcevapes.com/products/source-orb-kit?variant=686078135
    Overpriced, Same style ceramic cup as the WWE mod I posted above. Your basically paying for an over priced rebranded EGO pen. The source orb just has a mesh screen on top of the coil, which many other attys have also if you know where to look. I know many more types of attys if you want help just lmk.

The Source orb your talking about is just a over priced glass globe. A glass Globe has just as many attachments for the atomizers as the source orb your talking about. You need to rebuild the coils the atomizers that the glass globe and source orb come with stock since they dont get hot enough.

You either want to use Ceramic rods, SS mesh, or Hollow EKO wool for your coils in any RDA for wax. You can use silica but it will be very messy and not quite whats best to use as you said. A ceramic cup nail works fine but I prefer using coils since they get MUCH hotter and from my experience is the closest thing how a dab that will hit as if it were using a TI/Quartz nail.

The ceramic cups holes for the coils are way too small to use if you rebuild them yourself. The attys the glass globe come with were made to be rebuilt with kanthal thats 26 AWG and higher. Which is why In the attys I posted above some of them have ceramic or stainless steel cups that you can rebuild in that will fit higher gauge kanthal. The coils that come with it don't get hot enough and hit like shit TBH. I prefer either a skillet style with 23 AWG Kanthal or 2 26 AWG twisted kanthal wrapped vertically around SS mesh that is also wrapped around EKO wool or a ceramic rod wick.

Even a Single Coil 23 AWG wrapped around Eko wool or a Ceramic Rod will work fine in an any rebuildable RDA like a Tobh, Omega, Stillare, Trident. Sub Ohming is the ONLY way to hit wax on the go, using a mechanical mod. You can use glass globes and the atomizers that come with it that vape at 1.8 - 2.4 ohms but IMO they dont get hot enough to hit like a real nail/torch. The difference between a 1.8 - 2.4 ohm vs a .3 - 1 ohm coil is huge.

13. #33 bubba ho-tep, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Dude can you read ? I wasn't even talking about the glass globe attachment from them lol. The main atomizer I'm interested in from them is called the "Terra" and its wick less and coil less and features a all ceramic heating "donut"
    (And they also have double ceramic rod atomizers with titanium coils.)

And I'm not interested in doing a rig like dab out my pen I want low temp variable voltage hits so that one dab will last 10-15 hits
    And if I want a strong dab like hit the double ceramic rod attomizers are suppose to hit like a truck.

And like I said I haven't even tried it yet I have an omicron as of now, but the reviews on fuckcombustion.com for the source orb terra atomizer and double ceramic coils have been good and I trust the opinions on there. I placed my order for one this morning I'll make sure to let you know what I think.

14. #34 showbe345, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

I can read, All that "Terra" stuff your talking about is the same stuff I am talking about. You dont need to use a wick with a Skillet Style coil. But its MUCH better to use it with a a hollow eko wool and ceramic rods style wicks than to be wickless like you recommend. All that Terra coil BS your saying is the same style I am recommending in my other post and this post if you even bothered to read.

The Pluto, Mio, WWE, are all similar to how the Terra models hit. Just like these below. But instead of paying 100 dollars for a over priced Atty you can get the same style for much cheaper.
    http://terravapes.com/terracloudsatlanteankit2.aspx

If you even bothered to read my posts you would see that your company "Terra" isnt much different from what I have been talkina bout all this time. Your just posting over priced crap people can get for much cheaper.

I am familiar with FC forums and the source orb can be bought for MUCH cheaper. You do realize the 70 dollar Source Orb kit you see that the only thing that you need from the kit is the Atomizer(the top half) itself that the source orb actually is, which is only 10-30 bucks depending where you actually buy it at.

If you werent so ignorant and read what I was saying you would see that you can get that source orb that your raving about for much cheaper and that the source orb isnt any different than a glass globe. You dont even bother reading tho so thats your loss. 

15. #35 bubba ho-tep, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    I did read what you were saying and it sure as hell didn't seem like you were even remotely talking about the same thing as me.
    Misunderstanding or not This is not my first rodeo. I know what's good and what's not, this just sparked my curiosity Is all.
    when I looked up the "pluto" and the "Mio" I saw no atomizer that resembled the "Terra" from source orbs. The link you provided didn't show any picture of an atomizer???
    Maybe u could provide a useful link and be helpful instead of bashing an attachment you personally haven't even tried yet.
    I also don't know why you keep assuming I bought the premium kit for 70 dollars? I didn't need a 510 battery, already had one. So the kit cost me 39 bucks.(I had the seller swap me in a Terra Atty instead of a double coil one so I could try it.) Like I said there's been some trusted members over on FC reviewing this attachment and it has been getting good reviews. Which is why I bought one to try it. Nothing you said has made me regret my purchase and when I actually try this thing and review it for myself then I'll make an educated opinion on whether its shit or not.
    Until then I'm not going to argue with you about something that neither of us know much about.
    Why don't you stroll over to the FC forums yourself since your familar and do a Little reading on the source orb and terra for yourself.
    Maybe you'll learn something new.
    But I doubt it, you seem like the type that knows everything.

16. #36 bubba ho-tep, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    Well my source orb and Terra attys came today and while I understand and respect your skepticism you are dead wrong about these atomizers.

Now that I see first hand how they are built and how they perform, and after contacting source in regards to the there terra attys being cosmetically similar to other company's "donut" atomizers its clear now that just because something looks simular in a picture doesn't mean that it will perform or look the same in person.
    These Terra atomizers are exclusively designed by source and NO ONE I repeat NO ONE other than source carry's them.

They are built with high quality materials and I had one pea size dab last 20+ tasty hits at 3.8v.

Each drag I took was about 5-6 seconds and every hit was just about identical to the last, minus the few last "dry" hits toward the end of the session as the oil was getting to the point of being all used up.

All in all if these keep performing constantly I have successfully replaced my omicron with the kiss carts. No more waisted oil collecting at the bottom of the cup below the rod and coil.
    The terras use just about every last drop.
    The air flow is probably 20% better than the kiss carts.

Now while I do agree with you that the premium kit is too expensive for the battery they include (and the other handful of generic attys they include)
    If they sold a starter kit with 4 Terra attys along with the orb for the 40$
    I think that would be worth every penny.

But hey like I said I'm a guy that likes to relax when I smoke oils and not cough continuously after every hit.
    The terras put me right on the edge of coughing but its easy to hold it back.
    If your the type that likes those lung busting hits this probably won't be for you.

But I certainly wouldn't underestimate the efficiency or effectiveness of the source orb with a loaded Terra.

17. #37 goaliee, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    I have owned a few different pens, and the source orb is definitely the best that i've tried.

I was recently using the dual coil wickless atomizer from them, but i want to try the new terra.

The thing with pens is that they're all great when they're new, but eventually the atomizer gets a bit dirty and never hits the way a new clean coil does.  I tried cleaning them as suggested by source, but still it doesn't compare to a new clean atomizer.

That being said, i got tired of ordering replacement atomizers for 5 for $40 ..or cleaning mine.

The reason i bought pens in the first place, was for portable dabs, most importantly for me, when i travel.

On my most recent sales trip last week i got fed up with pens, and went and bought a mini dab rig.  I will just use this in the future because i'm too lazy to build a good pen myself, and i'm tired of buying new atomizers for my source.

Even the source orb when new and clean... can't touch a hit from a dab rig.

Like someone else said, pens vs dab rigs is like dabbling vs dabbing :)

18. Hey Bud,

I also have been looking intently at purchasing one of these Terras but the only place i seem to find it is on the Source website.
    Where did you purchase yours? Know of any other vendors?

-Dr. Drés

19. LOL 

20. #40 bubba ho-tep, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015