DWC/LED 2400w Strains TD, NL, WW, Critical, Quick One

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DWC-LED, Jan 3, 2015.

1. #41 DWC-LED, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Day 14, The got the first feeding today, besides the 1ml per bucket of Rapid Start on day 7.

They all got,

5ml Gro
    5ml Micro
    5ml bloom
    2.5ml Rapid Start
    1ml Floralicius
    5ml Flora Blend

PH and PPM readings before feeding

TD1 5.8  91
    TD2 5.9  83
    TD3 6.1  98
    NL1 6.0  93
    WW 6.1  102

Waited 45 minutes after feeding and checked again,

TD1 405 ppm 5.2ph raised to 5.6
    TD2 431 ppm 4.7ph raised to 5.5
    TD3 443 ppm 5.5ph no altering of ph
    NL1 429 ppm 5.0ph raised to 5.6
    WW 408 ppm 5.3ph raised to 5.7

2. There has been a bit of growth since those last pics taken 13 hours ago. They really started to get moving when I put those nutes in the water. I dont think I would wait two weeks again, maybe start around day 7.

3. I checked and the different plants are between 19 and 21 inches from the LEDs.

Yesterday I did a PH check and they were all 5.8 - 6.2 range so I left everything alone. Today I checked the PH / PPM again here is the stats,

TD1 6.0 400
    TD2 5.9 442
    TD3 5.9 439
    NL   6.0 430
    WW 6.0 438

PH is staying pretty stable. Working on a homebrew chiller to cool the soup in each bucket. It has been getting up there, 72/74 in lights out and upwards of 78/81 with lights on. Should have it up and running tonight or tomorrow. Pix coming soon.

4. Looking good bro, just be carfull with the nutes, think I see a bit of nute burn setting in on the tips.

Just think if it's burning the leafs think of the poor roots.

Chef.

The amount they say to give (per 2.25 gallon water) was,

22.5ml Gro
    22.5ml Micro
    11.25ml Bloom ( I said I gave it 5ml, I actually gave them 2.5ml)
    5.62ml Rapidstart
    2.25ml Floralicious
    22.5ml Blend

So the Rapidstart and Floralicious I was using half the recommended strength, all the others I was using just less then 1/4 strength.  I do see what you are talking about, TD3 is getting the rust look also.

6. Hey I've got 23 ppm yes 23 ppm well water and I'd like to use that but we have iron and copper in our water we can see it on our tub and toilets but 23 ppm is low well below other people who have grown just wondering if I use cal mag and regular nutrient dosages would i be ok or should I use something to drop to zero then ph it bc I've heard keeping ph stable is more difficult in 0 ppm water

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. #52 Peflora, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    As a Noob i used the wet paper towel sprouting technique

The problem is the tap roots are loaded with microscopic root hairs that quickly penetrate into the paper towel.Upon removal they tare hurting the tender sprout.

I have been dropping seeds in water for several years now. IMO, it is by far the best way. I add ~ 100ppm of sea salt for some extra minerals, but they should not need it

Just did this a few days ago (1/16): 11/11 seeds cracked in < 30 hours, left them in water for 3 days until the tap root was ~ 1/4" (6mm) then inserted them (using tweezers) into starter cubes. Here they are just 24 hours later

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    My tap was about 280ppm if I remember correctly and the RO water I bought was like 7ppm. I put about 80% RO and 20% tap in my buckets and they were around 90ppm. The RO water seemed to need more PH babysitting then the tap. after a few days it should stabilize itself.. I am getting a rusting look and need to get some CalMag in there right away as thats what I think it is. 

I got a big bowl of tap water and PH it down to 5.7 and then put 7 Gen Hydro Rapid Rooter plugs into it to soak and get them selves to the right PH level. They have been in there for about 3 to 4 hours now. I will be getting them out, squeeze them out and get the 5 Think Different and 2 Critical seeds into them. Those are the only Auto seeds I have left. Otherwise I have1 RQS Special Kush, and RQS Special Queen. Both Photo/Fems.

View attachment 151175

10. Day 18, No Pics..

Made the chiller to circulate through all the buckets. Bucket res temps were between 73ish at night and hitting 81/82 during day lights on time. Depending on how many frozen 2 litter bottles I put in the chiller and how often I can keep bucket res temps between 55 to 70 now. Will take a few days to figure out how many bottles for how long during lights on and lights off to get it dialed into a set temp through out the day. More work yes, but cost almost nothing to build. $12 for a 10foot 1/2" copper pipe, cut into 14" sections got me 8 of them. The grommets were $0.48 each. 50 feet of 1/2" irrigation line for $6.. I had the ice chest and a 264 gallon per hour pump. So for $25 I got these 5 buckets going, have enough copper for 3 more buckets and grommets for another 1.5 buckets. So 9 more grommets and another 6 feet of copper, maybe $13 more and I have a chiller that will keep 12 buckets at under 70f for 4 to 6 hours at a time.

3/4 inch holes, Grommets are 3/4 OD - 1/2 ID
    View attachment 151169
    View attachment 151170

Pipe cutter, grommets, and copper pipe.
    View attachment 151171

GH Grommets.
    View attachment 151174

Finished look from out side of bucket.
    View attachment 151173

Finished look from inside the bucket.
    View attachment 151172

Inside the chiller.
    View attachment 151236

Room.
    View attachment 151237

Plumbing between buckets.
    View attachment 151238

Res Temps.
    View attachment 151239

New Seeds in the dome.
    View attachment 151240

11. Day 18.

Stopped by the hydro store tonight and picked up a bottle of CaliMagic (Cal/Mag) that was needed last week.
    Feed everyone 5ml except for TD3, She got 7ml due to her showing the deficiency and being the one that I absolutely had to go buy it for. 

12. I know some of you might say the roots look a little brown. The water was clear and the roots bright white 5 minutes before adding nutes. The GH FloraMicro, FloraBlend, are red, and Floralicious is thicker and brown. That is what you are seeing in the water and on the roots.

13. I am hard headed and have not bought any timers. Spent $1500 on all the equipment but still wont go buy a timer or 2 at $5 because I know I have several around the house somewhere. Kinda like it though, Makes me have to be in there taking care of them more often. I like seeing them just before sleeping and while waking them. I do notice the different work they do during lights out.

Only problem I see is its not the same amount of time every day but close. Some days its 18/6, some days its 22/3.. Some days I just need to wait for lunch break at work before I can come unplug the light or plug it in.. Trying to keep it as close to 20/4 as possible.. Sometimes I go in there to turn them off and I just feel a vibe that they are telling me 20 more minutes please... So I let them go another half hour..

14. That's not good for your plants....a few minutes difference is fine, but not a few hours. If you aren't careful that can cause them to hermie. I'd go spent the $5 on a timer....if you find the others, great, you have backups.