DWC/LED 2400w Strains TD, NL, WW, Critical, Quick One

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DWC-LED, Jan 3, 2015.

1. As you can see, TD2 started to yellow a little while NL and WW are healing them selves of their yellowing. 2 factors at play, I stopped lowering the PH, and added a small amount of Rapid Start, so they now have a little something to eat. GH recommends 2.5ml per gallon, that would be 6.25ml per bucket.  I used 1 ml per bucket. Start them slow and low.

2. The 2nd NL and the Critical had tap roots about 1/8" to 1/4" long when they went to the hydrotron, neither tap root grew any longer. The quick one was almost an inch long when it went to tron, after a few days of not seeing it I dug around looking and it appears as if while navigating the cracks between the tron that it made a turn down, maybe to go around the ball but grew downwards to the water. Weird but all 3 are slime. So out of 12 seeds 4 non germs, 2 barley broke seed then stalled, and one lost its direction and committed suicide by drowning herself. Fuck 5 out of 12, that's $100 in wasted seed.  Thank god Dutch Passion accidentally put 8 TD seeds in the pack of 7 that I bought.

Tomorrow after work I will stop by the hydro store and pick up some rapid rooter plugs and get 5 more Think Different's, and 2 more Critical's going bringing me up to 12 plants which is the Legal limit for medical growers where I am located. This is a legal medical grow.

So in the next few days we could be looking at 8TD, 1NL, 1WW, 2Cr. All I wanted was the NL and WW, just got the other strains to play with.. That hurts.

it looks like their roots aren't receiving enough oxygen.  Are you using a big enough air pump?  

That's tough man.  Try not to wet the seeds too much.  Certainly don't soak them.  Start them in very lightly dampened paper towels,  just a few sprays of water is all they need.  But they need a lot of air 

4. #26 DWC-LED, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    70 liters per minute air going through 42.5 litter of water.. I think Ive got more then enough O2 going through the water..

Stopped and grabbed a bag of 50 of the GH Rapid Rooter Plugs. Will be getting those other seeds going tonight I hope. Ive never had a problem soaking them before, and come to think about it I worked a short day that day, they couldn't have been in there longer then 6 or 7 hours and they were floating the entire time..
    [​IMG]

5. Looking up at a Mars 1200

Buy the UV protective sunglasses for use around these things. I notice if I am not wearing them and I am around the lights for just two minutes, when you walk to another room everything is a different color, my computer monitor and cell phone look greenish for at least 5 minutes.

View attachment 150749

6. Decent roots hanging from the net pot, showed up maybe 3 or 4 days ago. Will get some pics up of them tomorrow. I was thinking they were taking to long but comparing it to people that had 3 and 4 inch pots while mine was 6 inch pots. Ive been busy recently and have not started those other seeds yet. If there is time tonight I will get that done otherwise its on the list for tomorrow with the starting of feeding of these girls as they will be two weeks old tomorrow. All they have had was 1ml GH Rapid Start per bucket 5 or 6 days ago. 

I did not want to burn the girls with the light but now that they will be 14 days old should I bring this 1200 closer to them?
    L2L - LED to Leaf distance is between 31 and 32 inches right now. I guess I will drop it to about 18 inches and see how they respond.

7. Room temps have been between 72 to 83 degrees F or 22.2 to 28.3 C in the the grow room depending on what time it is. Im sure it will kick up a little when I turn on the second 1200 and other air pump. Bucket temps have been a little high, they are usually between 71 and 76.. Humidity between 25 and 35 %..  Ive tried to not check the PH for the last few days, They are still around 6.1
    Now that I have some roots hanging I have the water 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the net pot. Before I saw and roots I had the water about 1/2 above the bottom of the net pot.

8. Subbed up :)

Chef.

Thanks, now there is 2 of you watching.

What do you think about the light? Should it not be closer yet?

• Like Like x 1