Flowers inside flowers

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by josephjt93, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Has anyone growing ever experienced swollen flowers that have multiple other layers of flower bracts? I've got a plant who was likely inbred just a single generation, it got pink pistils and several spots on it grew massive flowers and I noticed a bunch of pistils right in the middle with multiple pointy flower tips. I inspected it further and there's trichomes inside the layers. Do the flowers always grow in pairs? I was only able to find one reference to this and it's old. May put up picture later if anyone wants to tell me about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. gonna need pics

3. #3 josephjt93, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    I'm working on the picture. Perhaps a better way to think of what I'm trying to explain is picture a head of lettuce. These little masses of bracts are quite cool and I can't wait to peek inside them when harvest is over.

Also more info: the "sugar" leaves on this plant have sparse trichomes mostly on its edges. Weird since most cannabis has tons of sugar leaves.

4. Got stoned enough to think about how to explain this. You guys ever wonder what's inside those beautiful flowers of yours? Perhaps more trichomes? Just a baby seed growing? Two long pistils coming from the base of the stem hoping to get pollinated? Well gentlemen. I have a problem. I have more flowers in my flowers. The damn thing is stretched to the size of a small rock with more flower bracts showing inside with a mass of pistils right in the center all of them. I really wish I could get a picture but it's nearly impossible to even tell what you're looking at.

5. What you are describing just sounds like normal bud to me.  Some photos would really help 

6. Resolved. Poked one open and turns out my girl is a hermaphrodite. I could post pictures but I'm a little worried about posting from iphone. Basically what my plant was doing was forming female flowers in a male flower formation with the bananas in the center close to the mass of pistils. It's quite amazing and she's basically ready for an early harvest, with no visible seeds on the flower I examined. Will research a bit on posting pics from iPhones and will get back.