Trapped in an abusive relationship

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by collapseofconsciousness, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Woah I bet nobody fucks with your shit.

2. lol I did say it was irrational advice

creativity can be a good thing AND a bad thing :D   Super fun 

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tBWjRP6kRs

4. Leave. If she threatens people you love, contact the police and then leave. She's not gonna magically change just because you want her to. Abuse is justified by the abuser in their own mind. She doesn't think she's doing anything wrong. Nothing short of therapeutic and/or legal intervention is going to change that. It isn't worth it.

I know it's easier said than done, but if you really want out, you'll find a way. Good luck.

5. Id put my shoes on, pack my shit and leave.

Narcissists crumble without a punching bag.

6. Dang bro, thats rough. Hope you find the strength to move on.

best of luck.

7. fuck that bitch, leave her. people use the excuse of, "but I love them so much!" okay, understandable. we're humans, we love. love  is good. but love YOURSELF above anyone or anything else. I'll never love anyone enough to where they can abuse me and it'll be okay. you shouldn't either

8. I just typed a huge post and then my browser shut down. Fuck.

9. I constantly worry whether my relationship is abusive.

I see signs of an unhealthy relationship for sure. But I feel like I can't get out because I'm not trying hard enough. Sometimes I feel like I should just get out while I can, but I'm afraid. Not of him. But of what could happen.

I wish I had the courage to talk to someone.

10. I hate this. I feel like you should never feel trapped in a relationship.

11. #33 TinTizzy, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    you will always be co dependent until you learn to be ok with being alone and accept yourself for who you are..you should be looking forward to being alone so you can fix yourself before getting into another relationship...good luck

edit: damn old ass thread

12. Abused? Sure. Trapped? No.

13. Purposely wasting your time... Move on

14. Walk away

15. Nuff said........

16. sounds to me that you have a deep rooted problem for abuse and that some part of you kind of likes the abuse, is my opinion.

But to give you advice get out she sounds very abusive you guys aren't married dump her, get a new girl and get someone who loves you for who you are and will care for you as much as you care for them.

Sorry its short but i hope it helps.

17. You said it yourself. Sorry, but you are an adult, a willing and consenting adult who can walk away at any point in time. What you are experiencing might not feel good, but you are allowing yourself to be abused, you want things to change, leave your partner. Life is tough enough without staying with someone who makes you miserable. To be honest, as the victim of domestic abuse in my childhood, adult "victims" disgust me in a sense, you're choosing to stay with an abusive partner, you're consenting and asking for the treatment you are receiving.

18. it's hard to walk away from something, or even to walk towards something new. noone really likes to change.
    To really get away from this person is going to require a plan, a path to follow and you are going to have to be strong, it will be hard at first, the first few steps, few days are going to be so differ cult, but after you do it, and get though the first few interactions/altercations, it will get easier, just don't ever give in, or give this girl anything. Be firm. Don't give them any hope that you will get back together.
    Try a new life, maybe move, get away from the circle she chills with, stay away from her, don't talk to her anymore...what's the point? You are going to gain nothing from this person so why are you waising your time and emotions on them?
    Do something drastic to get yourself physically and emotionally away from the other person. Like taking a class at night, or a part time job, yoga class, whatever, just get away from this person.
    And fuck everyone. Worry about yourself. get all the pussy you can. and you will be happier. And in time, the right person will come by.
    But they are not going to come if you are with this person that is fucking your shit up