2 Strains Grown Under 2 Solar Spec 150s

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Peflora, Jan 2, 2015.

1. WD, I was not referring to the diode wattage

Each of the diode clusters/discs on my SS 260 only have 3 WW (warm White) diodes, whereas the newer 260s have 5 WW per cluster, making them more sat friendly

2. Wow now am I confused... I will have to look at my spec sheet. Yet I also use three custom spec 100 x 3w with various ratios of lights they all work great!

3. #103 Peflora, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    My bad.

I have been told that the new SS 260 has a different composition of spectrums than mine

4. Yep I checked the specs.... I run a SS-260 and a SS-150 plus two custom 100 x 3 watt white lights . I have no complaints at all. The blending of the spectrum is providing excellent  coverage. I am a "lazy grower" I let them go natural for the most part. We don't mind some popcorn it just gets used for other purposes. I just love growing it my stress relief from a busy day at the job..

5. #105 Peflora, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    I apologize! I seem to have confused some of you

Diode wattage is often overrated, and most certainly overstated. Give me a quality 3w diode over a crappy 5watt diode any day

Bottom line is: Amare Tech strives to provide best spectrums for growing cannabis, based on then current diode technology and availability. IMO, spectrum choices are like secret sauces; beer recipes, whiskey blends... they will all get you where you want to go, so it's just a matter of taste

In NASCAR, the difference between first place and tenth, even twentieth, is typically less than 3 seconds! But many millions and countless testing is spent shooting for number one

A knowledgeable grower knows how to tailor his pheno choices to a particular panel's spectrums, or vice versa. A simple formula is more reds for sats, less for indicas. And even this is subject to heated debate, with the nod going to intensity

However, spectrum blending alone is insufficient to make a great light, and it is in the many other details where Amare Tech truly shines. Quality components allow the spectrums to do their thing, consistently, over many years.

Even better for us is: Amare panels really don't cost much more than mid-level panels.

If the grower has reasonable skills, any higher cost difference can be made up in the first grow, just from the increase in weight, let alone quality

New pics tomorrow

6. I made up fresh nutes for both plants this morning

I added more +Size and less V + B, now ~ 50/50

Will continue to increase +Size while lowering V + B and total ppms

Also lowered total ppm from ~ 1100 > ~ 800

Pic 1-2 are Midnight Rider

Pic 4-6 are BigMex

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  7. Those have put on some weight! Guess those lights work after all  :smoke:

8. Pet as the saying goes you hit the nail on the head! Love the pics... The truth are in the pics... 

9. #109 Peflora, Feb 28, 2015
    Thanks guys.

FYI, the little bit of leaf curl on  BigMex is due to the cold weather and low RH. None of my attempts brought it up enough. I would need a 3-4 head pond fogger, and low RH doesn't last long around here

Last week, morning tent temps were < 60 and RH < 30

This week, tent temps jumped to upper 80s with RH close to 40%

Oh, for a environmentally controllable room

10. #110 Peflora, Mar 1, 2015
    Now that the weather is warm they've been thirsty, sucking ~ 4 liters per day

Pic 1-2 are Midnight Rider

Pic 3-4  are BigMex

Made up fresh nutes for the babies.

No pics today, but I noticed the plants under the 5000K were much shorter than those under the 3500K, which had stretched quite a bit, so I did some swapping and raised the lights a few inches

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1,004.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      432.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      384.2 KB
      Views:
  11. Warm I guess above zero would be considered warm after the last couple of weeks we have had here!

12. Tough to grow optimal plants in those conditions

Seems like autos would be best there

13. #113 Peflora, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Update

Nothing much to say

Since rez change, I have begun to replenish with only ro water

Next rez change will be mostly +Size < 300ppm

You can see the plants on the right side are taller. They were under the 3500K. Now under the 5000k

Pic 2-3 are Midnight Rider

<span style="color:rgb(0,0,205);">Pic 4-5 BigMex</span>

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      404.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
  14. My nursery seedlings are stretching too much, and...

Midnight Rider has 2-3 weeks left, so 300w over one plant at this stage is not critical

Yesterday, I moved one of the SS150s from the Midnight Rider tent to the nursery and moved the 3500k (~ 45w) from the nursery to Midnight Rider tent- not that I expect it to do much, but it can't hurt

15. It sure looks like this harvest will out perform your last with Amare. Glad to see multiple companies stepping their game up and allowing us to achieve great results!

16. Big Mex is ~ 7-10 days from plucking

This is the first time growing her that I actually have some calyxes

I just changed its' nutes and reduced by ~ 25%; now ~ 400ppm. May cut them in half in 4-5 days for 4-5 days then go to flush

Pics tomorrow

17. #117 Peflora, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Nursery

Yesterday I added fresh nutes and the elbow from pump to tote separated so plants missed a few feedings. I noticed a good bit of wilted plants a few hours later. The plant in the right tote (lower right) was really bad. You can see one leaf did not survive. I am pleasantly surprised that she looks so good this morning

Midnight Rider 

(pic 2-3) She is a polyploid that I pollinated with a G13 male from the same seeds. Polys can be twice as potent.

The 2 primary colas (bifurcation) are in the lower left and far right. Both are donkey dick size. By spreading them out the lower branches are getting bathed in light consequently developing very nice colas as well

BigMex

(pic 4-5) She is from Med-Man Silver Skunk Bx1 that I pollinated with BigMex male. Pic of lower portion was taken with flash, making it much easier to see all the ooey-gooey trics

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      673.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  18. A couple days ago I added ~ 2ozs of DM Zone to both rezes. Midnight Rider did not like it. Within 24 hours lots of leafs turned yellow and are dieing

Since BigMex is 95% red hairs I took the diluted nutes that I had just started her on a couple days ago and moved them to MR

Now flushing BigMex < 200ppm

Pics tomorrow

19. #120 Peflora, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Thinking it's time to go dark on BigMex as > 90% of the pistils are red. The few whites are at the very top of the colas

Thinking the pistils should continue to darken

Thoughts? 

What's making me question is... the first pistils appeared back on Jan 28/29

Indica dom finishes quicker, but even Midnight Rider is close

Could it be the Solar Specs finish plants faster?

FYI, I never get cloudy or amber trichs, even looking through a jeweler's loop

Pic 1-2 are BM bud close-ups

3-4 Midnight Rider.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      841.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      795.5 KB