2 Strains Grown Under 2 Solar Spec 150s

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Peflora, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Pet,

How long is your flood cycle?

2. #22 Peflora, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    This depends on the volume of the mini totes + the volume of your rez + the size of the pump

In my case I am using a 2.5g rez with 160 gph pump, which empties in ~ 50 seconds, but the net pots only get ~ 3/4 flooded

Pretty good, though I would prefer higher flood

I have a thread in the hydro section

3. #23 Peflora, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Med-Man Silver Skunk Big Mex (sat) air dried

Weigh in on 2 scales (one only reads gms, the other 0.10gms)

Both tally @ 39gms

Keep in mind all the pilot error with first Solar Spec grow, PLUS, this came from back-cross plants that I pollinated with 4ft Big Mex male. Got a bunch of 'runts' compared to the original BC 1

New seedlings are blowing up in my 2 Strain thread

Attached Files:

4. #24 Peflora, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Baby Update

The MED Man Silver Skunk (on the left in both pics) has been getting full spectrum from SS 150.

Nodes are tight, secondary branching excellent

The BrandX WH x WW (may actually be WW x G13) but definitely pollinated with G13 are ~ 2 weeks younger. Also doing well. Pinching on one did not take, so pinched it again this morning

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  5. The SS panels I have all come with 2 switches. This go-round I am vegging using both. Last go-round I used the veg only (during veg), which led to much smaller plants, though pheno could have played a part too

6. #26 Peflora, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    (10/09) I added the second SS 150 this morning, keeping it ~ 4" higher than the SS 150 over the bigger plants

Mag deficiency began showing ~ 5 days ago. Been foliar feeding with Mg

Fresh nutes including Dutch Master Zone + Epsom Salt

Newer leafs are proper green

7. #27 Peflora, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Timeline

2 surviving Silver Skunks

(palmetto bug ate the other 7), sprouts began to break the surface 11/30

1/2 is now ~ 12" tall :hello:<span style="color:rgb(0,0,205);"> , so this morning (1/10) I turned off the red button on the SS 150 over them</span>

WH x G13; pollinated with G13

12/19 sprouts popped

Seeds started during a ~ 10 day cold snap, meaning plants were slow to veg

Both have longish stem to first inter-node, but subsequent nodes are tight.

Pinched one again yesterday as first pinch did not bifurcate

8. Thinking through turning off the red over the 2 Silver Skunks, I decided to turn it back on later in the day

It occurred to me that I can simply swap them with the 2 reveg in the SS260 tent

9. Nice Harvest Petflora!!!!

10. #30 Peflora, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    Thanks Ice!  How's the new job?

Nowhere near the volume from the same strain as last grow under a BML SPYDR, but I am convinced the Solar Specs are superior leds for cannabis. There were other issues than simply getting used to new led panels

Took a < 2 week dried bud to a buddy yesterday. I used fine scissors and barely trimmed a small amount of the outer leaf segments.

We were both amazed. The high came in waves that made us grin. Very upbeat. He said he hadn't felt like that in years

The new plants I started under them are doing really well

Expecting a lot bigger plants from now on

11. #31 Peflora, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    I have been keenly aware that one of the 2 revegs is not sprouting new leafs except a few tiny leafs at the very base

Although I initially cut the old roots back, the roots growing outside the net pot are still dark and old, even after adding DM Zone

I just finished a semi-replant, first cutting back the necrotic roots then taking the smaller net pot out of the larger. 

I then removed and cleaned the stones imbedded in the roots

Next I moved to a larger net pot and back into the tote

I also put the 2 WH x G13 into larger net pots

12. #32 Peflora, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to post new pics

First, I wanted a marker for the reveg with teeny tiny leafs at the base. Will it, or won't it ? Pic #3

Compare these to the pics 4 days ago

The Silver Skunks look amazing under the 260. I lowered the panel a few inches late yesterday (pic 1 & 2)

And so do the 2 WH x G13s. (pic 4 & 5) Even the retarded Silver Skunk that started out with twisted leafs. New leafs are looking more normal

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      770.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  13. On recommendation, I pinched the bifurcated tops on the larger Silver Skunk this morning

I also dropped the light a few more inches hoping to invigorate the smaller plant, though it could just be a smaller pheno

14. I just put my beans in a cup of water last night and I'll be putting them in rapid rooters in a few hours how long did you wait till you pinched them or do you go by hight or nodes?

15. I wait until 3-4th node, Keep in mind the main stem can be quite delicate until they grow a bit

16. As can be seen looking at the 2 Silver Skunk phenos, they are quite different size wise.

I just popped 10 more beans in h2o this morning in search of growing more taller SS phenos. The head is the same, but it take the same amount of time and care to grow bigger plants

17. Mine have been in a cup of water for 30 hours half of the WW didn't crack yet I'll give them a few more hours then there going in a rapid rooter wether they pop or not. Do you use a done and heat pad for seeds? I read mixed reviews on that

18. Some seeds are DOA.

I've had 30 hour+ seeds that barely cracked the hull in h2o, but grew once in the starter cubes (the fn cockroach loved them)

Young sprouts love humidity.

Domes are essential when ambient humidity is low

Heat pads help when temps are < 55*s

hth

19. My seeds soaked for 35 hours all of them cracked open just a little bit so I could see some white in the crack so I put them all in my cubes. I put four NL #5 x skunk #1 seeds in water the same time I did the other seeds and none of them cracked at all so I'll leave them in there over night and see what happens

20. #40 Peflora, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    I have read where some actually scuff the husks with fine sand paper

Water temp should be ~ 70-80*s. Lower temp will slow them down