2 Strains Grown Under 2 Solar Spec 150s

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Peflora, Jan 2, 2015.

1. #1 Peflora, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    This time I am growing 2 different strain seedlings, each started in separate tents, each under an SS150.

This morning I moved the BrandX Poly Seeds WH x WW; pol G13 to the same tent (being fed from the same rez at the same intervals), but since they are ~ 2 weeks younger, they are much smaller than the Med Man Silver Skunks. Consequently, I will wait ~ 7 days before adding the second SS 150, as these panels are much higher intensity than most led panels, needing to be >24-30" from the tops

I pinched the tops of the 2 SS, and moved them into larger net pots a couple days ago. They had an immediate growth spurt[​IMG]

I need to get more 5-6" net pots ASAP

2. #4 Peflora, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
    Group photo, plus individual strain photos

I am truly amazed how fast the Silver Skunks have taken off

I anticipate the WW x WH to do the same as soon as I get them into bigger net pots

This run, on the advice of a hydro shop owner/grower,  I am adding Dutch Master Zone. DM product page says adding it makes the roots more efficient

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/?language=english&page=product&product=ZONE

Attached Files:

3. 411 on EC v PPM from DM website

The conversion from EC (electrical conductivity), typically measured as ms/cm (milliseimens per centimeter),to TDS (total dissolved solids) displayed in PPM (parts per million), can be both technical and quite confusing. EC is THE standard and should be used whenever possible by all to avoid confusion, however, nutrient meter manufacturers around the world insist on confusing the situation with the use of varying conversion factors. All TDS electronic meters that give PPM readings measure nutrient strength in EC and then convert the EC using a tiny micro-processor inside the meter to PPM. The problem here is that different meter manufacturers use different conversion factors. For example, Hanna uses a conversion factor of 0.5, Eutech uses 0.64 and the Truncheon uses 0.7. If you are about to buy a meter for the first time or need to replace your old one, BUY A METER THAT DIPLAYS EC. Remember, Dutch Master always uses the 0.5 conversion factor when quoting PPM. Below is an EC / PPM / CF conversion chart for your convenience.

4. I decided to reveg the big sat and big BBCC, at least for now. They are under the SS 260

Once I get 4 females from the new seeds (fingers crossed) I will move 2 to the SS 260 and possibly hook up the BML SPYDR  for the revegs

I pinched the 2 WH x WW this morning

5. #7 Peflora, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    I was advised to call 2 SS 150s the SolarSystem 300

Makes sense

Can the title be changed?

FYI: It covers 3 x 3

6. I just got two SS 150s and two SS 260s it was a sponsor deal I couldn't refuse the prices :) anyhow I'm about to pop some sees how far did you keep your panels from your seeds? These lights are a lot brighter then the Mars lls I have and I don't want to ruin my seeds I just got they weren't cheap seeds.

7. #9 bsless, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015

These white HI-LED lights are surpassing the PAR intensity of a 1000w HPS so you have to treat them, accordingly.  The 150 I would go 30", and the 260 would be an overkill, but if you must, 40" for seedlings.  WD states it's doing a great job vegging his 3x3 tent.

The MarsIIs are a great light for the money, but the Specs are a different class of light and performance level.

8. I agree the brightness and overall construction of the SS is way better then the Mars ll I'm not putting down the Mars but if you have them side by side you can really see the difference for sure. I have a SS 150 and 260 plus one Mars ll 400 veg spectrum for my veg room and two Mars ll 400 full spectrum and a SS 150 and 260 with the red switch for my flower room. I was going to do SS Mars SS Mars in the flower room and have the Mars in the middle in my veg room. Hoping they will get the best of both lights if I overlap them some because I have to have the SS at a higher distance I hope it works I'll see how it works out later today when I hang them. Maybe I'll use the Mars ll from seed because it's not as strong as the SS

9. Yes the SS-150 has done a great job. Here is a pic of the veg tent. I still have them in one gallon pots. The strains are Headband and one 2nd generation Numb Feet ( The tall one in the back.).

IMG_1214.JPG

10. They look really healthy did you pop all those at the same time? How many do you have under one SS 150? There looking awesome

11. ~ 30" until ~ 6", then at least 24"

12. The Headband are clones were 9 of them. The tall one in the back is Numb Feet. It actually sprouted itself when it fell from one of the plants that I had pollinated in the flower tent! All of them are under the SS-150

13. That's awesome now I'm thinking maybe I got too many panels lol

14. My revegs under the SS 260 sprouted new leafs a few days ago :hello:

Panel is as high up as it can go... ~ 30"

15. Peflora did you get the SS 260 veg spectrum or are you using the one with the red light switch?

16. They come standard with both switches

I am using both to reveg and to veg until plants are tall enough, then might switch to veg only.

Should not be an issue with reveg.

Time will tell

17. I was just asking because all my veg panels come with just blue and white spectrum I had to special order them. I was just curious how your panels were we are both using SS and your grow is ahead of mine so I'll be keeping notes. So far so good your girls look really healthy

18. My Mini-Me F & D hydro method could well be the difference

Using polished rock as my medium (it's fast draining) allows me to feed/flood every ~30-45 minutes

This allows roots to feed, and process, then get fed again 24/7 :metal: