TeddyBs magical indoor Kush and Blue Mystic run 600w HPS/MH

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TeddyB, Jan 2, 2015.

1. A few years ago I was hanging out with a good family friend and his two adult children, when the subject of growing pot came up. The dad knew what he was doing, but his kids wouldn't listen to him when he tried to tell them how to do things. I had a few grow books, which I don't need anymore because I pretty much memorized them, and I took them up to these kids and they were happy as hell. Now every holiday season since this happened, they hook me up with a sampler sack of the stuff they grew with my information I gave to them. They are really nice people, doing something like that for someone who helped them out.

Well, this holiday season they had an extra special surprise, their dad let them in on his project...he's been breeding a Kush strain locally here in the mountains and the bud they gave me was the 10th generation of this strain. He'll find a nice fat crystal covered male and plant it about a half mile diagonally away from the girls and they have very light seeding, just enough to keep the next batch going.

There are about 7 seeds per 1/8th. They hooked me up with a nice fat bud and I kept the seeds, they said this will be the 11th generation, and every generation it gets better now that it is getting stabilized. I shall soon see, because I sprouted 7 beans Dec 31st and today Jan. 2nd they are cracking open.

I had two Blue Mystic feminized beans left from Nirvana (really need to order more now for next run) so I soaked them in a cup and took another cup and threw in my local Kush seeds. The Blue Mystics cracked open 8 hrs later, they've been growing a taproot for the past couple days, but the Kush wasn't doing much and I thought maybe they were duds until I thought back to when Nirvana used to sell Hindu Kush and the seeds were always the last to sprout. Same thing happened here, the Kush were just slower...anyway they are alive and starting to grow!

I am really excited, I love Kush strains. I had some Bubble Kush from Colorado a few months ago, and the finished product of this local mountain Kush isn't far off from the Bubble. Has the same look, smell, and taste. Only thing is they grow this local Kush outside, but I like indoors because I can control more of the growing factors to get the finished product that I want.

So as of today, Jan 2nd, I have two Blue Mystics sprouting and seven Kush seeds.

The Blue Mystics were ordered over a year ago, and this upcoming Spring they would have been two years old but they cracked open really fast within 8 hrs. I love how these beans thrive when given the chance to grow, they really want to live and make me some fat buds. Nirvana is an awesome place to get seeds, I just love them and have never got a bad deal from them.

I will update the progress on here from time to time, I just don't like getting too specific since I am in a non medical friendly state and I have to look out for #1, so don't ask any specific questions please. Hopefully we won't have to worry about keeping ourselves safe from LEO much longer, the wall of prohibition is crumbling down all around them! All those years of sending medical pot letters to all my local and national lawmakers has payed off! The people are being heard, just not in my state, but luckily the new governor is pot friendly so I hope that things change here very soon and that they stop locking up people trying to grow the finest medicine in the world!

2. Down to see some mystic in action. I still have a few left myself from last yeat

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hi punchreba, yeah I am eager to see what these last two seeds do myself. It has been a week since all 9 seeds got soaked, and the good news is....9/9 survived! 100% Germination rate yet again. Nirvana is awesome, I only had maybe 1 seed out of the Blue Mystic feminized seeds I ordered that was a dud. The rest snapped to life, usually overnight, eager to grow.

7 baby Mountain Kush and 2 Blue Mystic sprouts are now under the blue light of the 600w Metal Halide, soaking up all the light they can and unfurling their first set of true leaves. I can't wait to see what kind of plants this Mountain Kush makes, I'm excited to grow something local and something new.

I'll update with some pics next time I think about it, and I'll post regular weekly updates while they're growing.

4. Everything is going alright, even though I had a problem recently with a pet getting at the plants and it ate the smallest of the blue mystics and two nice smaller (probably female) mountain kush plants. Ate up leaves off the others too, but they survived.

Got a very nice mostly Indica female fat broad greenish blue leaved Blue Mystic left, and five baby mountain kush plants. About three of the kush plants have extra large round leaves, it reminds me of some crazy afghani a friend grew years ago, just a pole with round fat leaves spaced out really far apart and fat nuggets on top. You can really see the afghani coming out in these kush plants though, I have a nice short one that looks like a girl and she is pretty. Can't wait to see how things work out and no more animals allowed down there ever again.

I'll get some pics I've just been lazy my phones broke and my camera has other pics from a family event I need to upload and clear off so I can use it but again...I'm lazy. I'll get around to it one of these days. A friend recently introduced me to a new source and I've been smoking Blue Moon Rocks, Diesel, Chem Dawg, and stuff like that for absolutely absurdly cheap and its been Heaven. I usually stock up my jars and just hang on to it once I get a bunch and it lasts about a month a jar which is about an oz and a half a month. The Blue Moon Rocks are insane dense, I no joke have a half oz right now that consists of three buds. Three buds. In a half. Crazy stuff.

5. #5 TeddyB, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    That'd be cool if one of my friends from Cali or another legal state would get me some primo beans and fill them up in a pencil lead refill container and hook it up like a breeder friend from Texas used to do lol.

I'm about out of name brand beans, about time to order some new ones while I hope to keep this Blue Mystic female going as a mom and clone her as much as possible. I've had pretty positive results cloning Blue Mystic even though its very Indica. I was worried it would be stubborn like some Kush and other Indica strains can be, but it wasn't bad the last few times I tried she rooted pretty fast and I had good success.

I've been enjoying these top shelf buds from other sources though lately at cheap California wholesale prices, I hope it keeps going a while. I could get used to this.

6. Ok so I just put most of them into five gal buckets last night. I'm getting ready to take my first few snips off the longer lower branches of some of the plants so that I can clone the nicer females and do a quick run next time with clones since I'm out of seeds from Nirvana. Its time to order some more very soon, I suppose.

The Blue Mystic is beautiful. She's one of the best from the past ten seeds I've grown. Maybe they did save the best for last? She has that condition on her lower two branches where they have three leaves per node instead of two leaves per node...whorled phyllotaxy. There were about four other plants I had from these seeds that did it and one did it through budding and gave me a nice heavy chunk off that branch but I'd like to clone that part maybe... Or maybe I'll LST the plant and let it get lots and lots of light and get it to be a main cola eventually. She is over a foot tall now, and I will be able to get some nice clones off her soon. I've got the rooting hormone ready for her, and I've LST'd her a bit, bent her  to the side a bit and removed a couple leaflets from fan leaves that were blocking out the lower branches, it was blocking itself out really bad so I fixed it, now the lower parts of the plant get light like the top parts and I will have lots of chances to snip cuttings off this pretty girl.

The six Kush plants I have from my family friends in the mountains are showing three main phenotypes so far that I can see...There are two that are heavy Afghani, they have the droopy big leaves spaced out real far and the plants are tall as hell I hope they aren't males but they're branching nicely at the bottom so I'm hoping they're girls. The plant that the dog ate was the tallest so I hope that it was the male.

Then there is a very short plant, it is maybe 3 1/2 inches tall but it is on the fifth/sixth node and the leaves stretch out and span over eight inches around. Its short and SUPER bushy, I'm :LSTing it a bit leaning it over and I removed one fan leaf so that all the lower branches could get light and now they are taking off. I'm almost 99% sure its a girl just because she's so short and the other plants are about a foot or taller now. I'm going to clone the shit out of it just in case it turns out to be something special, its got typical looking Kush leaves that resemble the Hindu Kush I've grown from Nirvana in the past.

Then there are two really generic looking plants that are super stretched out between nodes and they are on their fifth node of height but really tall, I'm pretty sure they're males or at least one of them. There are super long stems on the fan leaves, and there are mostly five leaflets on the leaves themselves. They don't really look like the Kush I've grown before at all, so I'm thinking males since they're super tall too.

I'm going to take some pics very soon.

7. Well I'm almost at two weeks 12/12 here soon. Starting to get an odor when I walk into the room. I have an Ionizer running at all times, maybe its time to change a filter I bought a bunch of replacements recently because I don't want much of a smell. They are looking great, the 2 kush plants are beautiful and the Blue Mystic is a keeper for sure. I've made about 10 cuts off of her that are all rooting and they've been in there over 2 weeks with a 100% survival rate so far with one that looks worse than the rest and may die. She cloned so nice this time, almost as if she knows she has to stick around for me a bit longer so I can take advantage of her over and over again and again! I love weed.

I am seriously going to get some pics here soon...I promise. This Blue Mystic plant took to LSTing a lot better than the other 9 I grew from these orders I made last winter. The other ones, I found a few nicer than average plants but not a real mother plant, but this girl is FAT and SHORT. She's got a tree trunk for a stalk and leaves everywhere. They constantly block out their own growth tips and I have to trim them up a lot because its so Indica, the leaves form a canopy over the colas so sometimes they need bent around and moved or a few leaflets trimmed off so light can penetrate lower branches.

She's gonna make by far the most I've had off one of these plants but I vegged it for such a long time that is probably part of the reason! They were just crying out to start flowering, making alternating nodes just waiting to bud up and now its happening,I see the first tiny little buds forming all over the Kushes!

The Kush plants are okay, there was a whole lot of variation for a supposed 11th generation plant, and I did see a couple hermies when they started showing sex...but hey they were free seeds so I'm not complaining at all. It was a pleasure to grow out some plants from my old hippie friends right up the road from the Foothills of the Appalachian Mountains! Anytime. And a Kush, heck yeah. The one looks shorter and more compact than the other, one is lanky tall, she has almost a sativa tropical look to the leaves they are thin and long. The shorter plant has broader leaflets, and looks more like what you think of when someone says Kush. They are pretty damn big too, I let them go way too long but they got LST'ed too so they're going to make a nice bit of bud. I figure I'll have at least three nice full jars of nuggets when I'm done, and that isn't bad last time that much lasted me almost 4 months.

I've been going through it quitting cigarettes, vaping ejuice now instead, and I have gotten cheated every which way but right by these local shops its been crazy...I can't believe some of the crap they've pulled on me lately...selling expensive ejuice that is cut down with cheap runny crap, swapping out coils on just about everything they sell, its those kids who work there they're punk asses I'd like to punch them. They steal their vape supplies from the customers. The other guy sells cheap chinese knockoffs as genuine, he's a scum too. I've been doing dabs, but the past week I have come to the realization that when I  run out of bud and I can't do any dabs I am getting sick to my stomach and when I wake up I immediately get sick and run for the bathroom. I've felt like this for almost a week, and then today I got paid and as soon as I smoked a dab it was miraculously cured......Wax is almost giving me opiate withdrawal symptoms, VERY similar and I am familiar with both quite well...maybe I'm smoking too much?.When I don't have pot I can't keep anything down and I get sick the minute I wake up.

Or maybe there is something else going on and the pot is just helping me relax enough to be able to keep food down, I'm confused I don't know. I just had a surgery about 4,5 weeks ago and it sucked really bad, now all I do for the pain is smoke wax when it hurts. Makes me forget about it, I think.

Okay, well  I'll update with some pics shortly so you guys can see what happens when you veg plants too long lol...