Stealth Micro LED PC grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by NinjaBuds, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Day 15

So the RH got better with all the misting i did, but the plant was still looking a bit stressed, so i moved it from 4 to 6 inches away from the light and is now looking a lot happier. I'm now just waiting for that 6th node to pop up so i can start the mainlining :smoke:

DSC_21861.JPG DSC_2187.JPG

2. Interesting story about the high power LEDS. Maybe this explains why most people using the 3W panels (with multiple 3W leds, not only one 3W LED) in PC cases, when they re using LED.
    Also buy some mylar or reflective car shades for your walls, because aluminium foil is not the best idea...

3. hey dude, looks good. id go with a matt white paint for the walls simple one and done type deal.

I also build my own leds. next time you can get the drivers from china( aliexpress) just ask a few sellers to costomize the ampage/voltage pm me if you want my guy

looking forward to this grow

Yes. you can basically put your plant right against a 3 watt diode.

That was the plan till i found out its not cheap. Thought aluminium was better than no reflective material, but looking at going with white like dionysus4 since its really cost effective :smoke:

Thanks man, me too!

Yup, I'm looking to paint it white soon :p

That's really cool! Thanks for the hook up  :D Would be way more cost effective than buying locally.

5. hope u got my pm, another thing to consider using for drivers is an old phone charger, you will have to max out its ampage(read as many leds as it can handle) but its cheap too 

6. Day 20

So the weather really isn't Helping my grow here, been 35 degrees 'C everyday for the last week. best i can get is 28'C in my case when its warm, but seems to be more steady at 30'C during the day... any recommendations to help reduce this issue. (Just glad i'm not running CFL's in this weather :p). I think the yellowing leaves are heat related since my soils pH is around 6.8 -7 and i have been feeding her, but i'm not sure... what do you guys think? they not so much yellow more just pale. Full diagnoses are welcome.

And if you didn't notice i painted my grow space white :)

DSC_2215.JPG DSC_2214.JPG

7. Nitrogen deficiency? I've read that an N deficiency causes pale leaves, but other than that she looks good and healthy. Make sure you let the soil become dry before you water so she gets that oxygen 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 DazedAndStoned, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Looking good in here man. Looks like she is hungry for N and maybe some calmag issue I see on the edge of the leaf but not too badly, just looks like she is hungry for some nutrients :)

When are you gonna start training?

9. smth to consider in mini led cabs with high temps is adding co2( i have no tests on this) but when i feel its a bit too hot i like to add a diy co2 bottle with teh yeast method, probably does mroe for me than the plants lol

another thing to consider is that most recommended ambiant temps for growing take into acount heat the bulbs will throw off, so it will always be a few degrees higher below the light, leds dont throw heat down on the plants so you actually need it a bit warmer in the cab for leds( check it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIjJ5nZUZw) dude recomends 30c

10. Yeah started feeding her. Now that the temps have calmed down she is looking a lot better.

Going to start training as soon as the 6th node is clearly visiable of the new growth.  :smoke:
    My LED does increase the temp at the canopy, i can even fell it with my hand, but only by 4degrees C. so Like to try keep my room at 22-24.

11. Day 30

Was away for the weekend for work and that means i wasn't able to keep an eye on my baby, think she got a little hot and dry while i was away, but after reducing the temperature and giving her some water she recovered fully.

Now after feeding and keeping the temperature stable for a few days, she has really perked up and is back to growing fast the 6th node has developed and as soon as it becomes a clearly defined node training begins  :yay: Mainlining is quite extreme but I think its a good way to get results from such a small grow space.
    DSC_2239.JPG

12. Day 38

Hey guys sorry for not posting in a while. The power has been going out a lot here recently ... been slowing down my grow and making it hard to use anything that involves electricity. Holding thumbs that it will be better now since its seems to be doing good the last few days and especially since i started the first part of my training today.

Started by taking off all the growth below the third node and taking off the 4th node. Going to leave the plant to recover a bit and let the third node develop some more then probably on day 40 ill top just above the 3rd node. Nerve wracking times ahead, hoping the power stays on :blink:
    DSC_2249.JPG DSC_2250.JPG DSC_2251.JPG

13. Day 40

Hey everyone this is what happened on day 40. I gave her a good amount of water then I topped her, just above the third node. Was fairly scary,  but after all the successful mainlining I've seen, I plucked up the courage to do it. :smoke:
    DSC_2257.JPG

Its now Day 42

And she is looking healthy. Hopefully going to start to see rapid growth the next few days.
    DSC_2259.JPG

I'm going to be posting more often since the training is more interesting. Aiming to get 4 main colas :yay: . Still going to top each side one more time... :smoking:

14. She is quite small for 40 days??? Can't wait to see the training part soon  :hello:  :hello:

15. I'v had this problem on some of my first few grows. Your plant is root bound. What light cycle are you running? I would transplant into a wider/deeper (whatever you can manage) pot, let it veg out some more and I am certain you would see drastic growth and improvements.

Yeah she looks super tiny when you chop her in half, plus i think all the power outages stunted her growth a bit... About to post a whole lot of updates at once with quite a few training pictures  :smoke:

Can only move her to a bigger pot when i get to the second topping so i can plant her nice and low in my case. After topping her and the power being a little more consistent. the two new tops are growing really well :yay: .

17. #37 NinjaBuds, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    Day 45

The two separate tops have grown big enough to start training. So i have used some pipe cleaner to force the to tops to grow horizontal and away from each other.
    DSC_2258.JPG

Day 48

She is starting to shape nicely now. This technique aims to create a manifold for water and nutrients that you can shape to suit your space. I'm aiming for four equally spaced main tops that will form a rectangle inside my case
    DSC_2270.JPG DSC_2271.JPG

Day 50

This is her current state. I'll keep tweaking her training everyday to keep her in check.
    DSC_2273.JPG

Here is what mainlining done well looks like: DSC_0116_zpsc46131c1.jpg

18. #38 methatfemme, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    I have a question, could you tell me where you bought your case from? I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I keep trying to scroll and my phone keeps automatically scrolling back to the top!!!!!

Haha no its fine. I got it as part of a gift many years ago, but i would definitely recommend getting a bigger case than i have. For me this case just raises no suspicion, because its been in the exact same place for so long. If anything wish i could have a whole closet  :p

20. She showing sex yet?