Weed and auditory hallucinations? Or just me?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tiedyeprincess, Jan 1, 2015.

1. I smoke alotta reefer, usually at least 4 times a day, if not more. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and lately while I'm out smoking I'll get so anxious that my mom is going to catch me (she is psychotic. Suffers from bipolar mania and refuses to get help), she goes berserk when she even suspects of me smoking. I often feel as if I hear her calling my name in search of me or people talking about me inside my house while I'm outside. These "noises" continue until I am actually safe in my room and resting for roughly five min. Even when I sit in my room though I'll hear background voices, i don't know if I'm hearing things or if my anxiety is making my mind play tricks on me??
    Help and opinions please

✨Every breaking wave on the shore, Tells the next one there'll be one more, And every gambler knows that to lose, Is what you're really there for🌙

2. Weed can make you suffer from audible hallucinations, and you don't have to be a heavy smoker or smoke much in order for it to take place. I don't really smoke, once every few months, and when I do it's a very minute amount. Anyway I had some a few months back, was going training putting my shoes on etc and I swore I heard my mum talking as though she was walking up the driveway! It was her voice 100%. Well it turned out it wasn't her, she wasn't even home! Very weird?

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

3. I am 100% with you on that, I thought that it was just me or something because I've never heard any of my friends say anything about it, I don't hear anything unless I'm at home, if I go smoke with my friends away from my house I don't hear a single thing, but when I'm at my house and I'm smoking or I just finished I swear that I hear my parents talking or them calling my name, it always makes me nervous because it might be them it might not, most of the time it's only just me hearing their voices like they're talking to each other but a few weeks ago I smoked and I went in my room and locked my door and I just put everything back in my stash and I was about to lay down and I hear the loudest most violent knocking on my door and it litteraly scared the fuck out of me I jumped up so fast and opened my door and nobody was there so I walk to my parents room and they're both asleep. Also I hear talking from a male and female voice that I have no idea who it is and I can't make out what they're saying it just sounds like mumbling, I think that it's probably mostly just my mind fucking with me because I'm already paranoid most of the time because my parents make everything I do out to be something wrong and related to drugs or try to blame weed for something but it would just be nice if we lived in a world that woke up and understood that weed isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

4. Stop smoking. For real. Drugs, espically psychedelic drugs like weed, can really aggravate mental illness, espically if you have a family history of serious mental illness like bipolar mania. Its like pouring gas on a fire.

5. #5 4oclock20min, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
    You are paranoid. Weed probably isn't helping the anxiety problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. It's just you...You...You...You...Kill...Kill...Kill. :cool:

7. That's just paranoia. I used to get that too until I stopped smoking large amounts of indica.

I now stick to musky smelling sativa like blue dream, as some sativa have that skunk smell (skunky smelling weed makes me paranoid in large amounts).

8. Your paranoid. Simple as that.

There needs to be some means of getting out of your destructive household (or if that's not possible, you should find a way to get bout of your destructive situation). You can get over it, and if you try hard enough, you will.

9. #9 BluntedUp, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
    Lol i see what you mean, auditory hallucinations aren't fun.  one time i conjured up a weird sound in my head, and i just couldn't shake that sound for the life of me.  stuck with me for about a day or 2.  sober and high.  was worried it was gonna be permanent but that wasn't with bud though.

10. It's not as simple as her being paranoid, as if some posters are implying that. Hearing voices is not "just paranoia", it is onset schizophrenia. As a poster above said if you already have mental illness in the family (especially immediate family) you should not be taking drugs.

11. Don't worry, i have the same thing. If there is a TV on in the house it could possibly be that, or really ANYTHING that makes noise. I've taken the TV as someone calling ne a few times. Pot causes a change in how you percieve things, so its only understandable that youre hearing things youre trying to listen for!

12. it's just reefer madness, nothing to worry about

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. It's your mind playing tricks.

Now if you heard these voices while sober then you might have a problem.

14. Only times I ever get them are when I'm in my home, if I'm chilling with friends or walking around town it doesn't happen

We call him Chief Kief now

16. Im not convinced that 4 spliffs a day is enough to alter perception,however 'Horses for courses' If you feel safe in your room,use that time wisely. Learn to play an instrument,piano guitar harmonica whatever!Find an outlet for these feelings, not only did it block the voices for me but it gave me the satisfaction of knowing that I have touched thousands of peoples lives.Your Mother is the one person in your life you can depend on to fight your corner no matter how difficult things might seem,
    Keep your pecker up and be strong and never forget 'The joy of living is in the giving' A.A.S

17. Sounds like schizophrenia to me. Weed can actually trigger schizophrenia if you're prone to the illness (from what I heard not positive though) Do some research on it hopefully it's not a illness like schizophrenia but it sure sounds like it to me. Overtime it could get worse too, hope the best for you. Good luck

18. I think it's mainly because of the pariona from when I smoke at my house and I worry that my family might suspect I'm high or something

19. this

20. Are you literally hearing voices, or are you just so paranoid that your parents will catch you smoking weed that you worry yourself into a frenzy and you just think you MIGHT hear things because of how paranoid you are. If youre actually hearing voices, then you may have a major issue. If its the latter, youre probably alright, just find a safer time to smoke.